GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. akimmel

Potential new to me GSW, smash or pass?

Hey folks, today I went and looked at a 2016 golf sportwagen from a private seller. I looked the car over and test drove it and it seemed clean and solid, however there was a noise like a single rock in blender inside the dash under boost higher up in the rev range. The owner agreed to let me...
  2. akimmel

Dealer pried my fuel door open at state inspection

Yesterday I took my car to a nearby vw dealer for its yearly inspection (Massachusetts). Normally I'd go to the gas station closer by but the dealer is open on Saturdays. Today I noticed a ding above the fuel door which caught my attention because I hardly drive this thing anywhere and...
  3. akimmel

quick Neuspeed question

So I placed an order for some rse12's last night, 18x8.5. I just realized that I may need to get a new socket for the lug bolts, as the one i've been using for the austins is a shallow one but judging by the pictures I don't think it will be deep enough. Anyone know if i need to get a special...
  4. akimmel

Croaking noise when engine rocks

Last year I installed a BFI stage 2 dogbone mount insert. This was during the summer in South Carolina so warm temps. Had no problems other than the short break in period. I moved back to MA and this winter, once it got cold out, I started noticing a croak/ stuttered groan when the engine rocks...
  5. akimmel

Help with taillight coding

I want to code my taillights to function like this: So that both inner and outer lights function as signals normally, but under braking you have the distinction between the brake (inner full on) and the signal (outer alternating between either full brightness and off, or full brightness and...
  6. akimmel

reducing windshield damage visibility?

Something hit my windshield over the weekend while driving on the highway. It sounded like a hard hit but the damage it left is 2 bb sized spots where the glass is essentially frosted. So the windshield is fine but there are these quite visible whitish spots. Anyone have experience with...
  7. akimmel

So which one of you in the silver alltrack was I cruising with last night?

Passenger was taking rollers? I was cruising through virginia on my way to PA. Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
  8. akimmel

Bandaid fix for ripped inner door seal?

The previous owner of my car somehow managed to, through entering or exiting, wear a hole through the seal that goes around the inner door frame. I have looked into getting a replacement seal but it seems like it would be a pain in the ass to install as they get put in before the dash and most...
  9. akimmel

"Inspection in 30 days" showed up today

Today driving to work I saw the "inspection in 30 days" in the mfd for the first time. The car is at almost 36k, its a 2015 with a feb build date. I purchased the car at 27k and at around 32k, changed the engine oil, VAQ oil, checked the engine air filter, swapped the cabin air filter. I plan...
  10. akimmel

"Sunroof channel" on my car looks like nothing I've seen online before

Today after work I picked up some adhesive velcro strips to try to combat an intermittent rattle coming from the sunroof that would pop up when the roof was warm and become more noticeable the hotter it was. I just went to apply it and was looking for the channel that everyone describes (and I...
  11. akimmel

How I cleaned my tiny triangle windows

Recently I was cleaning the glass on my car and I noticed that the triangle windows up front were filthy. I couldn't get to them so I skipped over them, but noted that I should figure out a way to clean them. Today I made my own little tool and cleaned them up, hopefully I won't have to touch...
  12. akimmel

Golf R in Forza Horizon

I was checking out the Golf R in forza vista the other day and noticed that the car they used for the modeling must have had the crooked hood cowl seal problem. As you can see it doesnt go straight across. Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
  13. akimmel

Water ingress into door check/stop?

The other day while cleaning the interior a bit on my car I noticed some water on the door check arm/rod. I wiped it off and applied some silicone grease to the rubber seal and the arm itself. It rained after that and the water reappeared. Today I opened the door and there was a little puddle on...
  14. akimmel

Shift boot trim replacement?

I have had an HPA short shifter on my car for a while, and never got around to doing the cable adjustment after the install. Well today I decided to try it since the 1-2 shift was not as smooth as I thought it should be. Everything went well except that I broke one of the tabs on the silver...