GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Jacobmk7

Hit Deer, Need Advice

So I just had a deer run into the side of my GTI, mess up up the quarter panel really good and shattered my Ed’s replica headlight. Does Ed sell just one headlight or do I have to buy the pair? Any help would be appreciated!
  2. Jacobmk7

TDI Adblue Problems

Hey, I have a friend with a mk6 Jetta tdi, same engine as golf tdi. It is saying on the dash 250 miles until no restart. The def tank is full though, any advice would be appreciated.
  3. Jacobmk7

Unitronic stage 1+ Top Speed

Got my car on an open stretch of country highway(in Mexico). My car is uni stage 1+, which I thought removes the speed limiter, but my car stopped accelerating completely at 119/120. The rpms and speed didn’t budge. I know the car is tuned because I can do left foot braking and it feels a lot...
  4. Jacobmk7

UniConnect cable/laptop specs

In a couple weeks I need to remove my tune to get my car inspected, last time I had my tuner do it for $50. This time I’m think of buying a UniConnect cable and doing it myself. I have a surface pro 4 with the m3 processor, it’s got 0.9ghz and 4gb RAM. My understanding is Uni requires...
  5. Jacobmk7

Thoughts on old 302

I know this isn’t a GTI but was wondering if you guys had any thoughts or experience with old pushrod motors. It’s definitely a lifter tick but how serious do y’all think it is? Is it hard to replace the lifters on theses old motors? Any help would be appreciated as I know some old timers on...
  6. Jacobmk7

Caution Cleaning Turn Signal Stalks

Was cleaning my car today and wiped down the wiper and turn signal stalks with a gentle disinfectant wipe. Apparently I rubbed it with a “little” to much force and one of the white lettering lines for the high beams came right off. Very disappointed in VW for using cheap paint, I’m trying not to...
  7. Jacobmk7

Ed’s Headlights, Vibrating HID Bulbs

Ive had these lights for a year now and they’ve been great so far. My problem is that when hitting a expansion joint on the highway or other sharp vibrating surfaces in the road. I can see the light beam bouncing up and down like crazy. Is there anything I can do to make the bulb/housing more...
  8. Jacobmk7

New tires, wandering on highway

I just got new pilot sport AS3+ tires, love them so far, very quiet and good grip. My problem is when driving at 65+ it feels like the car is getting sucked into the groves in the road or like it’s slightly windy out. With my old tires you could take your hands off the wheel for 10sec and it...
  9. Jacobmk7

Bosch MG1 Cracked!!

They finally did it after so many years. I know this isn’t big news to us GTI owners, but to those of us that want to hopefully upgrade to an s4 or rs5 this is big news. I wonder if the 2.9tt is gonna be as capable as the 2.5t in the ttrs, running low 10s with few modifications. Hopefully...
  10. Jacobmk7

DSG Fluid Change Interval

All these threads about OCI and none about dsg intervals. My car has about 58k on it, I’m tuned Uni stage 1+ and tow a 1700 pound trailer 4 times a year about 200 miles round trip. Should I do it a 30k, maybe even 20k, or just stick to 40k. Thanks
  11. Jacobmk7

WD-40 in Ignition Switch

Hey guys, my ignition is feeling a little sticky lately, do you guys think it’s ok to put WD-40 in the key hole. It doesn’t scare me to do it to regular locks and outside key holes, but I know there is immobilizer stuff in their, will it mess it up you think?
  12. Jacobmk7

Unitronic Stage 1+

I posted a few months ago on a blown engine tread (I think), that I would never get a tune because I was scared of turbo issues or any bad stuff, even though i have the G revision turbo. Today I caved in though, i went with Unitronic because my local tuning shop is a Unitronic dealer and since I...
  13. Jacobmk7

Ac Compressor Buzzing Sound

Does anyone else have a slight buzzing/ electrical humming sound coming from the ac compressor when the ac is on? The noise started the first cold day of the year, I’m almost positive it’s not a bearing noise, because its intermittent when the ac button is on and doesn’t happen when the ac...
  14. Jacobmk7

Brake Fluid Flush Necessary???

My 2015 gti is coming up on 50k and was wondering if any of you have done a brake fluid flush. Is it necessary for the longevity of the car? Will I have any bad side effects if I don’t change it, beside a mushy brake pedal? Thanks
  15. Jacobmk7

Steering knocking sound

I recently noticed when “jerking” the steering wheel fast to one side, I get this very light knocking sound like someone lightly knocking on a door. It doesn’t happen if I turn the wheel slow or oddly enough when I wiggle the steering wheel back and forth. Tie rods are tight and have no visible...
  16. Jacobmk7

Anyone with over 100k?

I know the mk7 is fairly new, but just wondering how they are holding up after 100k. I only got 43k on mine but am planning on keeping it 150k+. I haven't had any mechanical issues, the only thing thats happened (which seems to be pretty common) is the metal trim is popping up around and on the...
  17. Jacobmk7

2015 GTI clicking noise under boost at low rpm

I have this weird clicking noise at low rpm high load, it kinda sounds like someone sticking jumper cable ends together. Im almost positive that its LSPI but just wanted to see if others are having the same issue. The weird thing is though that it will do it once (a quick click, click, click)...