GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. M

GTD and lowering springs

Iv just lowered my golf GTD on eibach pro and fitted 12mm front 15mm rear spacers. think i ever so slightly get rubbing on the fronts. anyone else experience this. tempted to do the fender screw mod but dont want to do anything i cant reverse if i come to sell it in future
  2. M

What revs/ does the golf gtd mk7 do at 70mph on the motorway uk

Does roughly 2000rpm at 70. maybe a little bit more. about 50mpg in my remapped one (auto)
  3. M

Lowering springs on my Gtd

sounds a good choice of set up I would personally recommend the eibach pro springs (around20-25mm drop). as for spacers everyone seems to be running at least that, some running 20mm rear. I am very tempted to get exact same spacers. Bimecc ones on ebay look good for £130 i think
  4. M

Dog Bone on a diesel?

I have the dogbone insert fitted (diesel powerflex) and it has made a noticeable difference to responsiveness in the transmission. seems to be less wheelspin and less slack in the pickup. slightly more vibration through the car but you get use to it in no time at all. I would highly recommend it
  5. M

GTD Remap questions

sounds like a bad remap. was it from a reputable company? the gains seem to be too high for stage 1 so it seems this is a very aggressive tune. Revo are the obvious choice as they are a global company. 220hp seems to be a benchmark for HP stage 1. I have around that with no issues whatsoever...
  6. M

GTD Remap questions

I had mine remapped roughly 15000 miles ago with no issues whatsoever. my brother has my old car which has done 70000 miles on a remap and still no issues. A1 remapping have done a fair few GTD including mine and they seem really knowledgeable and do various checks beforehand to ensure its...