GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. P

Interior back seat light problem

I noticed my back seat lights were staying on long after I exited the car. This might have happened due to my APR tune according to another thread on this. From that thread I found I am able to turn them off by pressing the font control button and the rear control button at the same time. Now...
  2. P

email notifications

I've been following this great forum of ours for a few years now, and have never been able to receive email notifications when threads I participate in receive new posts. When I post on a thread I sometimes click on the box for following the thread and same with threads that I start. It appears...
  3. P

Battery sulfate deposits

I was looking around under the hood today and noticed white sulfate deposits around the bottom of the battery. The terminals and the sides of the battery look very clean. I bought this battery new in June of '23, so it's still a very new battery. I got the battery from AAA because my OEM battery...
  4. P

Oil extractor speed

I'm in the market for an oil extractor, and am reading reviews that evaluate them. One thing coming up is that the hand pumps are usually taking around 4-5 minutes to pump a qt of oil. I would rather drive my car up on my wheel ramps and pull the drain plug than spend 20 minutes pumping. I...
  5. P

Anyone use NSR pads?

I ran across a vid this morning (see link below) on NSR pads. They look to be good quality. I did a forum search for NSR and no results came up.
  6. P

engine knock

Just wanted to get some thoughts and others experience if any. 2018 standard Golf TSI. When I am driving up a hills in areas at low speeds like 15-20 MPH, (due to speed limit in the area) my automatic transmission is lazy about downshifting, and I will get some engine knock. I use my paddle...
  7. P

Another water pump thread

I know there has been a lot of posts on this and other forums about the water pump failure and I have read up pretty extensively. Perhaps I just have information overload but so far I haven't been able to find some answers. First off I am a little baffled by the water pump problems, having...
  8. P

inoperable sunroof sealant

Can anyone refer me to the best sealant that goes around the perimeter of the sunroofs that aren't made to open? I searched the forum, but all I am finding applies to the sunroofs that open and close. I noticed mine has a lot of cracking. Looks like the regular black sealant used on windshields...
  9. P

Perelli Cinturato P7 anyone?

I just replaced my stock Hankooks since they wore down to the bars. I replaced them after doing a good bit of homework on TIre Rack with the Cinturato P7s. I read the test results from Tire Rack comparing them to the Continental DWS 06 and the P7 chart results for dry track were pretty much...
  10. P

TPMS maintenance

Installation costs for tires often list TPMS maintenance as a line item in the installation package, along with its applicable charge. Is this maintenance anything more than the installer resetting the target pressure on the dash display? Thanks
  11. P

Does speed rating have much affect on general handling?

I was looking on Tire Rack at the often mentioned here Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ and see that it comes in different speed ratings. the W and Y are classed as an ultra hipo tire, and the H rating is just hipo (not ultra hipo). How much of a difference does this make in wet/dry grip, and general...
  12. P

Tranny question

I am hoping someone can help me understand something I notice with my MK7. When I am going down a long steep hill from my house, I often switch from automatic to manual mode and use 2nd gear to control my speed down the hill. There are times while I do this that the transmission seems to...
  13. P

Sway bar for Regular Golf

It seems most of the research I have done on this forum pertains to GTI/R so I wanted to ask a few questions for my reg Golf. Not really suspension related but what do we call our Golfs that are not GTI/R? (since they are also Golfs) I would like to go with a stiffer RSB. Tire rack has the...
  14. P

Looking for some basic suspension info/help

Hi All, First post here, and not sure I am on the best forum for the question, or if I should be on the wheels/tires/brakes/suspension forum.. I have been doing some searches to improve some handling issues with my new Golf and pretty much all results come back for GTIs. Anyways, I just...