GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. RSLICK

Drumming sound from tires?

Howdy, so I have noticed a sound coming from the back. I thought it was an early wheel bearing failure in the back rear. I went into the dealership here, and the technician went for a ride. He said no to the wheel bearing as it would have been much louder. He noticed the sound and even...
  2. RSLICK

Replacing o rings on oil pump for LSD

Coming up to the 5 year mark with 20000 miles the LSD oil pump sprung a leak. The O rings needed to be replaced. Evidently, Volkswagen Canada didn't consider this to be covered under the power train warranty. Go figure. They eventually did agree to cover 2 thirds of the cost however, and...
  3. RSLICK

18" Pretorias for my 7.5

Howdy, so I am thinking about installing these, and am wondering how they would look without adding spacers. I understand some think they look a whole lot better having them, but I think they maybe illegal here in Canada. Does it improve the looks that much by having them?
  4. RSLICK

Need vehicle battery replacement recommendation

Howdy, So the dealership has only one battery to offer for my 2018 GTI. It is an Interstate performance battery. That is all the info they could give me. Performance because it is flooded battery, and matched to the GTI. They can't give me any specification whatsoever, other than it is 68...
  5. RSLICK

4 inch scratch on wheel

So I take my 2018 GTI autobahn into the shop to have my snow tires changed to my summers. I only have one set of wheels and so they had to change over. When I washed the car two days later I noticed the scratch. Fairly deep and fresh. This will be the first scratch on the car since I bought...
  6. RSLICK

Seat Belt Buckle

Howdy, so I am almost breaking my arm trying to get the seat belt into the buckle on the side of the seat. It just won't go in. I tried some light oil, with poor results. Any thoughts on this? The car is still under warranty. Maybe it is broken and needs replacing. Thanks in advance.
  7. RSLICK

Limited slip differential

Howdy, so I have a 2018 7.5 with 12000 miles. On the first year service warranty they discovered an oil leak coming from the right output seal. Volkswagen Canada approved the repair, and it took a day. On the second year service warranty, they discovered the same problem. Volkswagen...
  8. RSLICK

Locked out and keyless entry

Long story short, I left my keys in a bag, in the hatch area, and closed the hatch. That was it, locked out. I thought if you left the Fob in the car, you would not be locked out. Not so. According to tow truck driver who had to break in to retrieve them, the key was out of the proximity...
  9. RSLICK

Warranty Work

Howdy, so I took my 2 year old Autobahn DSG in to the dealership for the 2nd year mainteance. The car has 7K miles on it. I pointed out that the sunroof had a big rattle in it. It was the glass rubbing against the motor, evidently. They put a strip of felt in, and then charged me $50 Us...
  10. RSLICK

Too much oil

Howdy, so I read the dipstick, and it showed about half. So, I added maybe 1 pint.. Now it is reading well over the top line. So, I can't get at the plug with no jacks, so I bought 7' of 5/16" plastic tubing, hoping to get it down into the crankcase. I can't get it down. It goes in maybe...
  11. RSLICK

DSG Bliss

So, I just discovered the tiptronic shifting using the stick. This is absolutely fantastic! Somehow I ignored this feature. I have been using the paddle shifters quite a bit lately as I think the normal D is lugging the engine too much in my daily driving. And using "S" seems too jerky...
  12. RSLICK

Road Trip and Rock Chips

I am thinking of going on a winter trip through the mountains in my 7.5. A bra is out. Paint Protection Film is 2 grand here in Canada just for the front so that's out. So, I am prepared to take the chips on the paint and windshield. But, the head lamps are a different issue. Here they...
  13. RSLICK

Wax remover

Howdy, I just waxed my car, but in my haste I waxed over some tiny flecks of something on the side mirror that should really have been dealt with first before I put on the wax. Nothing too significant, and I was in a hurry. Any recommendations for a good product to take off the wax, so I can...
  14. RSLICK

GTI acronym for "Get ticket Immediately"

That's what I was told when I first bought the car 10 months ago. That's how long it took me to get one. First one in 30 years. $200 dollar fine. Twenty-two over in a 30 mph zone. So, what's your experience.? Be honest now!
  15. RSLICK

Brake feel 7.5 Autobahn

Howdy, I like the brakes alot. But, I've noticed that I have about 2" of free play on the pedal before I feel any pressure when I am braking. The car has only 4k and has been driven lightly. I can't remember if there was any play when I first got it, or not. Should they be adjusted to...
  16. RSLICK

Steering wheel jerks

Intermittent, but sometimes I will press the start button, and the steering wheel will jerk maybe 5 degrees clockwise. The steering is great other than this. Thoughts?
  17. RSLICK

Recommendations for protectant of felt

Howdy, I have read one thread that recommends some products to stop creaky doors caused by the felt. I don't have this problem, but would just like to keep it as healthy as I can. Any recommendations?
  18. RSLICK

Grand Turismo Injection

Nope, that is horse toddles, and not what GTI stands for. It is - Get Ticket Immediately.
  19. RSLICK

Speckled glass

Howdy, three months into ownership of my 7.5 autobahn, and I am still loving the ride. For me, this is an amazing car. All except for the windshield that when sunlight is shining directly onto the glass, and looking out from the inside, it shows many, very tiny, glistening speckles. Of...
  20. RSLICK

Cam follower HPFP

Howdy, I have the EA888 gen 3. Best I can determine, this is no longer an issue. Is that true? Thanks in advance!!