GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. J

2019 GTI Requires 508 spec 0W-20 oil

I worked for an oem for 30 years. If our engines failed at a rate that was uncompetitive compared to our competitors we would be out of business.
  2. J

Performance driving lessons

How many of you with modified cars have also taken driving lessons to make the most of the car.
  3. J

Different mode

Has anyone else experienced this. I’m driving in sport mode, park and turn off car. Come back in a few minutes and restart. The dash shows I’m in D, which I believe is normal, and the mode screen on the nav screen says I’m in sport. The car is definitely not in sport when I drive it. If I change...
  4. J

Crowdfunded trip

After spending way to much time trying to clean the inside of the little triangular window on the a pillar, I decided to finally do something an behalf of all of us. How many of you would contribute 1 dollar, to fund a trip for me to Germany so I can find the person who designed this window, and...
  5. J

Oil change interval

Has anyone used oil analysis to see if your oil is still effective at the recommended oil change interval. In our case, 10k mile or 15k kms. There’s many who claim you need to change the oil much earlier, but this doesn’t seem to be based on any actual data. Thanks
  6. J

Why the canister oil filter

Did my first oil change today, and found replacing the oil filter element quite easy.Im wondering why does VW use this when the most of the world use spin on’s.
  7. J

Oil change time limit

Hi all I have a 2018 Gti. The only oil change interval I see in the schedule is 15000km Or 10000 miles. There’s no mention of a time limit, which I found unusual as every other vehicle I’ve owned had a time limit. Car was purchased June 2018 and has 9500 km. Today I get a message saying change...
  8. J

Warranty maintenance

Hi all If you do your own oil change during warranty, do you need to be able to prove it was done. If so what’s needed Thanks
  9. J

Splitters, spoilers and diffusers

Do any of these improve the aerodynamics of the car in any way, or are the strictly for show
  10. J

More than 1 Gti

For those that have had more than one Gti, what keeps you coming back?
  11. J

Fuel economy accuracy

Wondering if there’s a general consensus about how much the computer generated fuel mileage is off. Would it be a consistent 1-2 mpg to high, for example, for most of the cars. Or is inconsistent from one car to another. Thanks
  12. J

Rear hatch release compartment

Who has found something interesting to stash in here, other than the actual flare kit it’s designed for.
  13. J

Dsg skip shift.

In my manual trans corvette I could skip gears easily. 1 to 4 was actually forced on you at low rpm to increase mileage. What’s the best way, if any, to do this with a dsg in manual mode. Should I shift through all gears quickly but allowing time for each gear to engage, or tap the paddle...
  14. J

Liqui Moly which one?

First, this not about which brand of oil to use. Started to look into which oil I’ll be using and I might be going with liquimoly. I emailed their office in Germany and asked which version they recommend for 2018 Gti. This is the response. I thought I would share. Thank you very much for your...
  15. J

Top tier fuel a cleaning additives

I’ve been doing some reading and discovered what could be another reason to use premium, fuel unrelated to mileage and performance improvement. I was aware that all grades are top tier at a top tier supplier, but I did not know that premium can also contain an even higher levels of cleaning...
  16. J

Premium vs regular test

I tried to search this with no luck, so I hope is useful https://youtu.be/dxAQmj3P8xs
  17. J

Stripped wheel lock

I have a stripped wheel lock on a 2018. I’ve tried hammering a socket on but it has an outer ring that just spins freely. Has anyone been able to get one of these out Thanks
  18. J

Need your input

I realized that the black front end needs to be highlighted some how. Used some pinstripes to mock up possibilities Pls tell me what you think. I’m not feeling the centre stripe looks very integrated. Also can anyone advise how to do this permanently. I read that plastidip plus their gloss...
  19. J

2018 autobahn gti leather interior a pillar

Tried posting this in cars section to no avail Applying 303 to my interior, 2018 Gti autobahn leather, and I’m not sure about the a pillar Material. Is it plastic or fabric. Will a plastic protector like 303 be correct. Thanks
  20. J

2018 a pillar material

Applying 303 to my interior, 2018 Gti leather, and I’m not sure about the a pillar Material. Is it plastic or fabric. Will a plastic protector like 303 be correct. Thanks