GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. C

proper oil level - on dipstick

After my last oil change at the dealership I checked the dipstick and the oil level showed up just over the minimum mark. Is this okay or considered low? In the past they've always filled to show a much higher reading. I'm wondering if I should top it off.
  2. C

feeling guilty...forgot about oil change

I only hit 5K miles since my last oil change but I just realized it has been 14 months. For most of the pandemic I was stuck in town and only have a few mile drive to work. Typically I am one of those people who does routine maintenance early. Most people seem to recommend doing oil changes more...
  3. C

Is it possible to fix or improve the appearance of light surface chips on the headlights?

My headlights have a bunch of tiny chips mostly on the bottom area of the plastic just above the bumper. I guess you could call some of them scratches. Is there a product that will reduce the visibility of these? They look pretty bad when the headlights are on. I know there are plenty of...
  4. C

WTB: OE wheel and tire set Southern Wisc.

If anyone recently bought a GTI and wants to make some money off the stock wheels and tires let me know!
  5. C

sunroof seal replacement?

I think I read somewhere before the entire sunroof has to be removed to replace the seal. Is that correct? Mine has some indentations in the lining which looks crappy and makes me wonder if it could lead to leaks in the future. I'm still covered by the bumper to bumper warranty but I doubt the...
  6. C

SOLD: BEC Auto Parts 2015-2017.5 Replica VW Dark Red MK7.5 LED Tail lights

These are brand new, sealed in the original shipping box. Currently sold out on the BEC Autoparts website. The adapter is included making the retail value $550. I am asking for $300 plus the shipping cost. Unless you are local I would like to do a PayPal gift transaction with an established...
  7. C

A/C recirculation setting confusion

If the weather is extremely humid is it better to run the air conditioner in fresh air or recirculation mode? I've always assumed recirculation is better. I've found conflicting opinions searching around.
  8. C

deleted

found the answer
  9. C

What should stock exhaust temp sensors read?

In OBDeleven live data I saw Exhaust temperature 1 bank 1 360 °C Catalyst Temperature bank 1, sensor 1 381 °C Exhaust gas temperature before catalytic converter 390 °C Exh.gas temp.sen1 1110 °C This was on a 95 degree F day, car idling with the A/C on while messing around with...
  10. C

Meguiar's Air Re-Fresher

Does this product or anything similar truly remove odors as claimed or do they simply mask them? Seems too good to be true.
  11. C

Chicago Auto Pros - interesting vlog mini series on GTI engine problems.

This is one of my favorite channels to watch and learn about detailing. Recently the creator had some serious issues with his GTI. The first link is the most recent so start at the bottom if you want to watch them in order.
  12. C

close call in flooded parking lot - what to check?

We had some terrible storms today in Southern Wisc. One of them hit my area about half an hour before I got off work (perfect timing). The side parking lot I use only has one drain. I've seen a few inches of water accumulate in the center before but today the entire surface was flooded. My car...
  13. C

deleted

found what I was looking for.
  14. C

idea for members/moderators!!!

We should all start putting our state/location in the post titles. It would make it far easier when searching for local items.
  15. C

security access codes for OBDeleven

Is the only way to retrieve the access codes I need to do certain adaptations using OBDeleven a 6+ hour scan? It seems to be the recommended way on the support site. https://voltas-it.helpshift.com/a/obdeleven-android/?s=application-usage&f=security-access&p=android
  16. C

Novus Plastic Polish

Has anyone tried the Novus kit? It claims to be able to remove fine/light scratches from plastics. I was thinking it might useful for the piano black trim and infotainment screen...
  17. C

DSG software update?

Is this something the dealer should do? I can't seem to find much on google. My 2018 is an early build btw. If anyone else has a stock 2018 what is your software version?
  18. C

snow guard removal - possible for intake to draw in water?

I removed my snow guard a few weeks back and like the slight change in intake noise so thought I would keep it off at least until the fall. Yesterday I had to drive home a few miles in a torrential downpour. This morning when I drove my car to work the engine sounded a bit off...sort had a very...
  19. C

OBDeleven engine on or off?

In most of the vids I've seen people only turn on the power/accessories. I noticed when doing scans they seem to be faster with the engine running. Is this because everything is receiving more power with the engine running? What is the proper way to apply changes? I wonder if you use an app or...
  20. C

how to properly re-lube my rubber?

I want to completely re-lube my sunroof seals. What is the best way to remove the current lube before applying a different kind? I am assuming multiple different types of lube on the same rubber probably isn't the best. Also is there anywhere on the sunroof you should apply Sailkote?