GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. D

► Official APEX VW SM-10 Flow Formed Wheel Thread

RS4s are probably one of the better wearing but slower 200TW tires. They aren't all that loud either, so it is doable as a daily. Keep in mind, tires will shift on the wheels at track days and you'll probably have at least one unbalanced wheel after each track day. I haven't driven RS4s in...
  2. D

Is buying a new MK7 Engine worth it? If so where and how?

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/in-process-alibaba-gti-build.429645/
  3. D

Front camber adjustability options?

Have you already done the fender screw mod?
  4. D

PCV Valve Replacement

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/understanding-the-mk7-pcv-function-retrofitting-the-mk8-pcv-and-why-catch-cans-are-bullshit-imo.429130/ Interesting analysis of the Mk8 PCV and what parts are needed to retrofit if you want to go down the rabbit hole.
  5. D

What Would It Take To Install MK8 Brakes On My MK7 R?

https://www.killerbrakes.com/product/front-golf-8r-audi-s3-8y-2piston-brake-kit-357x34mm-8y0615123-8y0615124-5wa615301a-black-new/ Not sure if it's any cheaper to buy their kit, but it's a lot simpler than piecing it together.
  6. D

Gimmicky waste of time/money/effort mods

An ac drive belt will not cause a breakdown. But, regardless of whether or not you believe the analogy is good or not, we're deviating from the point. You are addressing a symptom while the strut bar addresses the problem. Just because you saying it's not an issue beyond noise doesn't...
  7. D

Lubing the seals will only treat the symptom, not the problem. The seals are squeaking due to flexing and them no longer squeaking with the brace shows there's less flex. Does reducing that amount of flex actually do anything to how the car performs? I'm not a consistent enough driver to be...
  8. D

Tire wear

Have you looked into the Bridgestone Potenza Sports? I have no experience with them, but from the reviews online and TireRack testing, it seems promising as a poorman's PS4S. TireRack has the 225/40/18s for $604 after a MIR + tax.
  9. D

Tire wear

Funny how your post talks about driving in solo and not wanting 200TW tires for a daily, and immediately the discussion goes to PS4S aren't track tires and you need to buy 200TW tires. From the sidewall wear, it looks like the tire is folding over a lot. My guess is the tires are underinflated...
  10. D

Help with Valuations 2016 Golf R with an APR stage 2

CARB has been the framework for a lot of other states' emissions laws, so I'm sure CA is just as strict as any other state. Aftermarket emissions control companies that sell cats, like Magnaflow, offer cats that are 49 state compliant. Guess which state isn't included? I'm assuming you mean...
  11. D

Yes, you can flash back to a stock tune. No, you can not reset the flash counter, which is how VW determines if the ECU has been tampered with. He's not asking for anything about warranty coverage and his car is a 2016, being 7 or 8 years old it's clearly out of any VW warranty. I don't even...
  12. D

I don't know how it is in NJ, but if it's anything like CA, you need a smog cert to transfer title in a private party sale if it's for public road use which doesn't help your situation. Valuations have gone down, but have you compared what Carvana, CarMax, and all those other instant quote type...
  13. D

Front strut brace eliminated all of my window/door seal creaking from going up driveways and tripodding. It was one of my biggest complaints about the car from the factory. While completely anecdotal, it's done quite a bit for the chassis flex on my car.
  14. D

CSS Front Knuckles

From my understanding it's the final letter in the part number. -E is the CSS knuckle and the -A the standard knuckle. Also, I'm guessing it's just a typo, but I think you transcribed the 0 and the 4 incorrectly. Just wanted to point that out to make sure you have the right part number.
  15. D

200tw tires for Track use

Not going to start a pissing contest with you because you did not read the original question and posted screenshots of the incorrect tire. Enjoy being a keyboard warrior who gets defensive and sarcastic when he's wrong.
  16. D

From the post saying plastic wheel well liners, I'm assuming the fronts. Which, to me, would still be tread width since it's right at that corner that rubs the fender liner/screw. But I agree it depends on what is rubbing.
  17. D

I stand corrected, I was looking at the AS4's. What I'm currently running on my car as a daily, as it's a fairly "common" tire for people to run and Michelin Pilot Sports tend to run "wide" And I was comparing to R-S4 in 245/40/18 since that's what he was asking about, not the Michelin which...
  18. D

Have you done the fender screw mod? I had minor rubbing issues under hard compression on 245/40/18s, which was remedied by the fender screw mod. FWIW, TireRack says a 235/40/18 Michelin PS4 is 8.3" wide vs a 245/40/18 R-S4 is 9.9" wide.
  19. D

Questions about upcoming SMOG check

If you've looked at the dyno charts from EQT, they pretty much explain it. You're fully spooled on the is38 stg 2 by ~2900 RPM vs the vortex at ~3400 RPM. As someone who grew up on a '02 WRX that would bog under 2500 RPM and the "auto-x size turbo" didn't hit peak torque until ~3900 RPM , my...