GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. aaronc7

P0087 Code During Track Day

That was my only idea. On pump gas, you shouldn't have any fuel supply issues and those logs look fine. Unless recently the autotech internals have started to fail or something like that. But seems unlikely if this was a one off thing.
  2. aaronc7

P0087 Code During Track Day

what was the fuel level in the car when you got the code?
  3. aaronc7

Is my ECU fried?

I think it would depend on the method that immo is disabled. If it's an ASW patch that would get overwritten when unlocked etc., and it would be in immo brick state during or after the first unlock flash. Kind of a tricky scenario.
  4. aaronc7

Is my ECU fried?

I'm sure Cobb could fix it if you sent it to them. Agree it's not actually fried... probably just standard dealership procedure, versus dealing with random aftermarket tune issues. The fact that it accepts and attempts to reflash the ECU means its just stuck in bootloader (not fried) but fails...
  5. aaronc7

2.0t HPFP swap on 1.8t

Here's the APR is20 file... they really lower the DI rail pressure in the lower rpm range in order to not overtax the stock 1.8 hpfp. The downsides of this are inferior fuel spray atomization and longer injector pulsewidth required (1.8 also has smaller injectors vs 2.0). It seems to work out...
  6. aaronc7

APR DTR6054 Direct Turbocharger Replacement System

IE downpipe was always insta CEL on my car.
  7. aaronc7

Blown powermax turbo?

P0131 is primary O2 code..without that the car is running open loop fueling and will make it run pretty shitty as is. Get this fixed ASAP, likely new sensor, but check wiring etc too A charge pipe that pops off can block a majority of the air flow path and really kill power/make it difficult...
  8. aaronc7

Uninstalled Tune preventing mechanic from reading codes?

Did you figure out for certain if the Cobb tune was still installed?
  9. aaronc7

Want to Review an Old Tweak

DerHase on here did a deep dive into the ABS system and some of its interventions he experienced on track... I think the ABS module has a "brakes overheated" flag. Surely it's just some lab coated model, versus any kind of real sensors on these cars.
  10. aaronc7

I looked at my old eurodyne logs, and I don't think I logged it. I don't think ED logs would have been super helpful anyways to really see what's going on. It was a pretty aggressive launch control, spin all 4 sometimes etc. I'm guessing it wouldn't have really mattered if it was a bit more...
  11. aaronc7

The starting vibration reduction one helps to prevent/reduce ABS module torque intervention during hard launches on the R. I did the tweak years ago, but it was a noticeable difference at the time on eurodyne tune.
  12. aaronc7

Simos Tools - New Phone Datalogging App

Ecu uses lambda for all fueling stuff... there is no native AFR to log. You can make a custom param, lambda * 14.7
  13. aaronc7

I think OBD11 is one of the tools that gets messed up from Cobb box codes. I've never used VCDS but have read it works fine with Cobb tuner ECUs. What obd11 can tell us though is if the box code is changed, which will confirm or deny the tune being present. Have him check for codes and box...
  14. aaronc7

You can definitely read codes with the AP still installed, it's a standard OBD2 thing. There are however both generic OBD codes and manufacture specific codes.... I have no idea what scan tool this shop uses but it's possible that it's looking at the ECU box code, and since Cobb tunes alter...
  15. aaronc7

Open source tuning solution

Yeah, the reason for this is it's not the best idea to publicly post the binary files (proprietary code and whatnot). I guess other platforms kind of get around this by using encrypted files, even though all of the same information is still there. These ECUs are like 10 years old at this...
  16. aaronc7

Which type Oil on Stage 2 ?

Mobil 1 FS line now has 3 viscosities. 5w30, 0w40, 5w40. All meet VW 502 and other relevant specs iirc. Take your pick based on desired viscosity, usage or ambient temps
  17. aaronc7

P3 gauge with obd2 spliter with Cobb Ap

multiple OBD devices is generally a no-go... it's designed to communicate with the ECU with a single device only, as many of the comms are request-response model. You should run the non OBD P3 gauge if you want to use it at the same time as the AP, otherwise you'll have to unplug one of them.
  18. aaronc7

Open source tuning solution

I had bad results with 2 fire tabs. It seems they have buggy shitty Bluetooth implementation unfortunately. Cheap Motorola prepaid phone is the go to now for most who don't already have an android device. I prefer the smaller form factor over a tablet for logging and such anyways.
  19. aaronc7

Question on E Blends

Look at HPFP effective duty in your logs. Upgraded hpfp can flow about 30% more. However upgraded HPFP won't help at all at higher revs-- LPFP will be the limiting factor. You can't really directly measure LPFP pressure, so you have to infer based on what's going on with DI fuel pressure/HPFP...