GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. G

Motul DCTF for VAQ Differential?

I understand stock fluid is the VAG DSG fluid or Pentosin FL-2. Since Motul DCTF is compatible with our DSG transmissions, can I use it for the VAQ differential as well?
  2. G

Audi RS3 Brake Ducts on Aftermarket Front Control Arms?

Does the Audi RS3 brake ducts fit on the Whiteline control arms? Or any aftermarket control arms? I found them in the box I got back from the mechanic.
  3. G

Which Fuse for Dash Camera Hardwire Kit?

I'm looking to purchase a new VIOFO A119 MINI 2 dash camera with the HK4 hardwire kit and I have the option of the wires pre-attached to fuses. However which fuse do I need? I'm looking to have it on 24/7 with parking mode enabled for when I'm out (activated with alarm and doors locked). Do I...
  4. G

New CTS Radiator

Anyone using the CTS Radiator? It's on sale right now and I'm considering upgrading my cooling capacity. It's a lot cheaper than Mishimoto and CSF. Only concern is that my MAGIC intercooler is 65mm and it already takes up most, if not all, the available space up front.
  5. G

Should I Do A Full Suspension Overhaul With My Eventual Coilover Upgrade?

I've been considering a long time on doing a coilover upgrade for my GTI. It normally sees about 5 to 6 full track days a year and I go pretty hard at it, though I didn't hit the track this year cus I was hurt. My car has only 67k km and I've been tracking on the original suspension. Only...
  6. G

AWE Tuning Track vs Touring Exhaust? MK7.5 GTI

I'm leaning towards the Touring Exhaust because it has the front resonator and mid muffler to cancel out any drones or excessive noise that would get me unwanted attention. However some members in prior threads have said that with the stock downpipe, Track Exhaust is still very quiet? The AWE...
  7. G

Windshield Cowl Layout and Clip?

Installed my Euro Sport Upper Front Stress Bar and when putting it back together, how's the clip with the washer fluid hose supposed to be placed? Are all the tabs supposed to be below the cowl? Or do I have it right the way it is right now? Also apparently I'm missing a clip from the factory...
  8. G

AliExpress: Underbody Splash Shield (Skid Plate) - $100

AliExpress Found this posted in a local VW group and I believe this is an underbody splash shield (skid plate) for the MK7? Maybe works with MK7.5 as well? Asking in the group right now to see how good it is as I believe a few people bought one and installed it on their cars. The OEM one is...
  9. G

Toyota GR Corolla Discussion

Motor Trend First Look It’s finally here. I think I found my next car after my GTI. Now the only question is, when will an automatic or DCT be available? Not offering an automatic means Toyota is missing out on a large chunk of market share in North America. I, and probably many others, simply...
  10. G

MK7.5 TCR Suspension List?

Is there a TCR suspension list out there for MK7.5? Things like knuckles or control arms for example. I found the Clubsport thread but I'm not sure if those parts will fit on MK7.5. With the drop in Russian Ruble, buying from E-Acca is actually very cheap again, assuming they don't ask you to...
  11. G

NAR Heated Steering Wheel Retrofit?

Anyone know whether it's possible to do a heated steering wheel retrofit? The only info I found was on VWVortex but it's pretty old.
  12. G

Integrated Engineering DSG Tune Shifting Based on Speed And Not Load

Title says it all. I've had the DSG tune for half a year now and I decided to contact IE regarding this. Compared to the stock tune, I find the DSG tune holds gears for too long in Normal, making it not suitable for stop and go city driving. For example, if I'm driving at 70Km/H, the DSG will be...
  13. G

When To Replace Track Pads and Rotors?

When should I replace my Ferodo DS2500 pads and Zimmermann blank rotors? When they're at minimum thickness? Or when they're at around 50%? I want to make sure I stay safe on the track and get the most out of them at the same time to reduce my environmental impact. I know that as the pads and...
  14. G

Sachs Coilovers vs Bilstein B14

Looking for an OEM+ suspension upgrade and I’m debating between the two. I know the B14 are popular but I haven’t found much information on the Sachs. Anyone use them? I’m looking for a good ride while minimizing roll at the track. My friend installed Ohlins on his GTI and it accomplished...
  15. G

CSK Performance Oil Cooler Kit

Stumbled across this on AliExpress and thought I'd share with the community. I have the CSK Performance intercooler and note some modification was required to get it to fit properly as it's been well documented on this forum. I would expect a bit of modifying to be required as well.
  16. G

NAR 2021 Maps Available for Download for MST2 (MIB2)

Found MIB Solution in another thread and on the website, it has the NAR 2021 maps for the MST2 (MIB2). Since all Golfs, GTIs, and possibly other MIB2 head units are made by Delphi, this map update should be compatible with most, if not all, North American VW owners who have navigation with their...
  17. G

Bilstein B14 for $900 CAD?

I've been considering getting a set of coilovers for my GTI without DCC and there's currently two separate kits of Bilstein B14 up for sale in my area, both of which were installed this year and used for a few months. One is listed at $900 while the other is listed for slightly more. Seeing them...
  18. G

GTI Trunk Tool Box Foam?

Anyone know if VW makes a foam like this for the GTI? The part number 5G0012115N is for the Golf R and apparently it doesn't fit the GTI according to VW. I don't see why it wouldn't fit unless it doesn't fit due to the fact that the GTI trunk is slightly deeper, thus making the shape different.