GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. H

Oil on Spark Plug

Just swapped out spark plugs on my 2015 for the first time at 90,000kms. Cylinder #1 had a trace amount of oil at the base of the spark plug threads. 2 & 3 were bone dry. However, cylinder 4 had a decent amount if oil all over it. The car hasn’t leaked oil at all in the 6 years I’ve owned it...
  2. H

Adjustable Front Endlinks - Reviews please!

Looking to get some adjustable front endlinks. Pretty much every brand I look up has a mix of positive and negative reviews. Hoping to get some forum members experience/reviews so that I can make a good buy the first go around. Leaning towards Superpro or Whiteline at the moment. Any help is...
  3. H

Waterpump/Thermostat DIY - Who has done it?

2015 GTI, 83,000 kms (Canadian eh), coolant leak has become more noticeable, looks like I’m looking at a waterpump/ thermo housing replacement soon. Just looking for feedback from anyone that has tackled this repair on their own…pain in the ass? Not too bad? I’ve done pretty much everything...
  4. H

Oil spec (yes I searched…)

Went to buy oil and wanted the same stuff I used last time, Motul 8100 X-cess 502 00/505 00, but they didn’t have any. Salesman pointed me to Motul 8100 X-clean 505/505.01. He said they higher number means a better version of the oil. I bought it, but was a little skeptical. After some googling...
  5. H

Spring Compressor Rental

Just wondering if anyone knows a store or shop that rents spring compressors in the lower mainland…bonus points if it’s close to the South Surrey area…thanks!
  6. H

GTI and Golf R dampers interchangeable?

Can anyone confirm if DCC struts/dampers from a mk7 Golf R would work in a DCC Mk7 GTI PP? My local VW delearship says the part numbers are different, but any aftermarket dampers I’ve found say they work in both GTI and Golf R. Not sure why the different part numbers? Different valving inside...
  7. H

Squeaky Steering

Started to get a squeaking noise when turning the wheel all the way right (video in link). At first it sounded like tire rubbing, but I’ve run my current setup (Eibach springs + ECS flush kit spacers) for several years prior with no noises, and I doubled checked just be sure and the tire has...
  8. H

GTI to Golf R?

Looking for feedback from anyone that went from a GTI to a Golf R. I currently own a 2015 GTI PP stage 1 and the car is fantastic but my biggest gripe is when the road is even damp the car struggles for traction. For those that made the switch, are you happy? Any regrets? I absolutely don’t...
  9. H

Brake pads shifting in caliper

Just did my brakes and installed Stoptech/Centric posi quiet pads. The brakes are performing well however I was getting a clunk noise when braking in reverse, and then again on first application after going forward. After inspection I found that the front pads are able to shift about a 1/4” up...
  10. H

Oil change discrepancy

Just completed my oil change and the level was reading a bit off afterwards. I wanted to get as much old oil out as possible so I let it drain for a good 45 minutes while I had lunch and took the time to syringe out the oil that pools in the filter housing bottom. I filled it with 5.7 litres as...
  11. H

ECS rotors?

Almost time to do brakes on my 2015 PP. Looking to go for slotted or drilled rotors (mostly for looks tbh) and want good quality without spending a fortune. Anybody have any experience with these ECS rotors? I have their flush kit spacers on the car now and I'm happy with the quality of those...
  12. H

This rattle will be the death of me...

This rattle will be the death of me...SOLVED! (hopefully) Been fighting to find the source of a rattle for months now. So far I’ve lost all the battles but I’m determined to win the war. I first went to the googles and found the great post on the A pillar rattle and how-to fix. Got that all...
  13. H

Oil/DSG service

Will be needing an oil change and DSG service done soon. Looking for any recommendations on where to go (dealer or otherwise) for best price/overall service based on your experience. Thanks!
  14. H

19" wheels...would you do it again?

Looking for input from anyone running 19" wheels... I am looking for a second set of wheels for my GTI and never really had 19's on my radar, but a really good deal has popped up locally on a set of VMR V710FF 19" I know the biggest issue with going 19" is usually the weight, but these flow...
  15. H

WTB: 2 Austins - rims only

Unfortunately my wife introduced 2 of our rims to the curb yesterday, so I'm looking for 2 austins to replace them. Preferably in good condition with no rash. I live in Vancouver, Canada but have a shipping box in Blaine, WA. Thanks!