GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. M

Albuquerque, NM Shop Recommendation Needed

I'll PM you.
  2. M

Thanks for the offer. I just don’t have the proper equipment or time to do the work myself at the moment. Looking for a reputable local shop to do the install for me.
  3. M

Recently moved to Albuquerque. Looking to install an aftermarket intercooler (direct replacement, not front mount). Can anybody recommend a shop or individual? Thank You!
  4. M

My 2016 Vw Golf Tsi 1.8 Build

Welcome! Nice to see another 1.8 on here! There are a few 1.8 builds on here that are worth reading through for inspiration!
  5. M

Obd11 Needle Sweep

Update. I gave up on this mod for awhile. Then I decided to give it another go since I was in there coding my new 7.5 style LED tails. At first, it gave me the same error that that it couldn’t save the new settings. I tried a few different ways of changing it and one time it say it can not save...
  6. M

Seized turbo wastegate arm

You don’t need downpipe with IS20. Only if you plan to go stage 2. You can keep your stock downpipe or upgrade to a stock GTI downpipe. Lots of GTI guys throw those away so you can get one for $100 or less. I got mine almost new for $50. You get larger diameter which flows 25% more air and you...
  7. M

Seized turbo wastegate arm

Not sure how much used IS12 goes for but you can get a used IS20 for dirt cheap ($200-$300) from the GTI guys. I’ve been told its fine to drive with an IS20 without a tune. I drove mine for about 50 miles without a tune with no issues. Maybe others can chime in if it’s ok for extended period. It...
  8. M

APR IS20 Installed =)

I don't think I got any messages. What was it about?
  9. M

APR IS20 Installed =)

Good to know. Definitely not doing anything stupid. At least not yet. Lol. I already have a Southbend Stage 2 Daily clutch. Haven’t installed it yet. But it’s on hand and ready to go in if needed.
  10. M

APR IS20 Installed =)

Finally got the IS20 with GTI stock downpipe and APR 91 octane tune installed (btw APR has their end of their year sale, $100 off tunes, yay!). My first impression is WOW! Can’t believe I didn’t do this sooner. Overall the car is way more responsive. The exhaust note is a bit louder and deeper...
  11. M

Mystic's Golf 1.8T

Wow, so much to update. Where to start. Went on a little shopping spree lately. Lots of goodies on the way and lots waiting to be installed. First thing first. Finally got the IS20 with GTI stock downpipe and APR 91 octane tune installed (btw APR has their end of their year sale, $100 off...
  12. M

Norcal FS/FT/WTB Thread

Looking to buy stock GTI downpipe. Got one sitting in your garage? Love to take it off your hands. Pm me with mileage. Not looking to pay more than $100. Will do $150 if it’s under 10k miles.
  13. M

WTB GTI Downpipe $100+shipping.

Looking to buy stock GTI downpipe. Got one sitting in your garage? Love to take it off your hands. Pm me with mileage. Not looking to pay more than $100+shipping.
  14. M

Power Folding Mirrors with BSM

Did you order this mirror and module kit from a AliExpress? https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/rCdjpl1A
  15. M

IS20 Question

Just bought an IS20 for my Golf. Still trying to learn more about turbos and the different parts that make up the turbo. So please excuse me if what I say sound dumb or ignorant. Just trying to learn more about our cars. The seller says the turbo only had 50 miles on it. Basically drove it new...
  16. M

Power Folding Mirrors with BSM

So I have a Golf with heated mirror and BSM. All the power folding mirror kits I’ve found says it does not support BSM or the photos does not show the BSM in the mirrors. I know I might need new door modules but is there a way to keep the BSM functionality with the power folding mirrors? Sent...
  17. M

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Do they have one that also have the blind spot monitor? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  18. M

FS Halogen MK7 Headlights.

$200 shipped. Stock halogen headlights from my 2017 Golf. Will fit GTI or Golf R. In perfect condition. Had them on the car for a month before upgrading to HIDs. Selling because they are sitting in my closet. Perfect if you need a set of OEM lights or going back to stock. Sent from my...
  19. M

Smog Test

Stock 1.8T Golf here. Thinking about going APR stage 1 or even IS20 and Stage 1. I do not plan on getting a DP. Will I pass smog? I know I won’t have to worry about it for another 4 years. Just wanted to know what I’m getting myself into. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  20. M

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Thanks! They are from Maxton. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk