GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. GoatAutomotive

WTB: stock 2018-2019 Mk7.5 Golf R springs

Here's the deal: I'm in the market for a set of FRONT springs from a 2018-2019 Golf R. Those years only. I can buy all 4 springs if we have to, but the fronts are what I truly need and will use. I'm in central TX (78626), someone in the state would be great. Out of state? Shipping for 2...
  2. GoatAutomotive

Low-mileage Mk7 GTI SE springs & dampers F/S in central TX, excellent condition, great price

Please read before posting questions or DMing me. 95% of your questions have been addressed in the ad with full transparency. 👌 https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/25552590834332342/ WHAT IT BE: OE VW/Sachs Mk7 GTI dampers front and rear, with cross-compatibility for other VWs. There’s...
  3. GoatAutomotive

034 Motorsports Audi S3 springs fitted to a Mk7 GTI SE for track use 😎

Cross link where we put Audi S3 springs from 034 Motorsports onto a track prepped GTI SE, 2017 with DSG. Start @ Post 37 https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/4-10-24-track-night-hhr-stormy-attempts-a-fwd-lap-record-how-will-it-end.444080/page-3#post-8050010
  4. GoatAutomotive

MINT Condition VW/Audi Wheels FS, 18x7.5 ET49 (wheels only); 15/20mm “Flush Kit” also available

Easier to link my FS ad here if no one objects. I put a lot of time into these ads, so please READ the ad description first before posting questions. Lots of great pics there Everything is neatly covered in the ad with full transparency. Wheels (4 total)...
  5. GoatAutomotive

4/10/24 Track Night @ HHR - Stormy attempts a FWD lap record (how will it end?)

Anyone interested in joining us Texans on 4/10? Details here: https://www.tracknightinamerica.com/events/2005085-track-night-2024-harris-hill-raceway-april-10 Big things happening on the littlest Storm Trooper in the next 7-10 days. Lots of car prep, wicked parts orders, and ambitious...
  6. GoatAutomotive

WTB: Mk7 GTI splash shield (plastic) or ECS Street Shield (buyer located in central TX)

Just like it says in the title. My GTI never came with a true splash shield. I am experimenting with some aero mods and want to smooth out the underside of the car before my next track day 4/10. I can get an OE VW one for ~$110 w/hardware, may or may not be as much coverage under the car as I...
  7. GoatAutomotive

When she's too tight for comfort...OE Audi RS3 bushings = too big for Mk7 LCAs (pics & data inside)

Last month, I started a big MQB LCA tech article to share, but things went sideways when I encountered issues with a fresh-out-the-bag set of RS3 control arm bushings, straight from the Audi dealer. Report below. It's a working draft, so I'll come back to it and clean it up, add pics where...
  8. GoatAutomotive

Broke dad breaks personal records @ HHR on a hot @$$ day; gulps a bottle of fail-sauce in front of the crowd: Track Night @ Harris Hill Raceway 6/7/23

Track Night 6/7/23 – Everything not to do at an HPDE… Where to begin... My goal for this event was a revision on the May event: 1) I wanted to finish out these tires that had one good track day left in them. Then replace them under my Michelin tire warranty. 2) I wanted to have my Unitronic...
  9. GoatAutomotive

It’s time…2017 GTI pro detail

Car has been garage kept 80% of its life, possibly a little more. Paint had held up well, but the finish is wayyyy past time for a pro detail. The Texas heat and pollen is a cruel whore, truly. 🥵 ☀️ A lifetime ago, I ran a nice paint correction business (2010-2013), and the before and after...
  10. GoatAutomotive

Single parent has mid-life crisis @ 34; buys dream hatch; gets back into racing after 8-yr hiatus; chases BMW M-cars

Quick edit/update (and TOC) since this thread is blowing up like Biggie in the 90s: 💪 -Page 1 is the full build odyssey, neatly divided and organized. Read, laugh, love, learn stuffs. -Page 2 gets derailed by a member arguing the merits of E85 vs E30. Skip/skim that chit. -Page 3 is...
  11. GoatAutomotive

Single parent has mid-life crisis @ 34; buys dream hatch; gets back into racing after 8-yr hiatus; chases BMW M-cars

I love writing about all things auto. So why haven't I done a build journal for my beloved hot hatch before now? Who knows. I guess I felt no one would want to read about my journey to greatness with this little FWD throat-puncher. I'll divide this up into sections for brevity and structure...
  12. GoatAutomotive

Max summer/200TW tire discussion - fun data inside

Dual-purpose street and track tire discussion. Taking a slightly different approach, so please step in and let's talk about your fat rubbers. BACKGROUND - "what had happened was..." ...I managed to burn up an $1100 set of Michelin PS4S tires in just ~13k miles. Rotated them every 5k miles. HAD...
  13. GoatAutomotive

Harris Hill Raceway - TNIA 5/10 Rundown (grab a drink and let's get sloppy...)

TOC - Rundown: Post #1 - the important facts from 5/10's track night Post #2 - everything NOT to do when preparing for a vacation, track day, wedding, or anything important. It's riveting and educational, and frankly, doesn't make me look too great. Posts #3, #19-22 (2nd page) - absolutely...
  14. GoatAutomotive

Adjusting/modifying the internal bump stops on B8 struts… (please lend help & wisdom)

I need your help, gents. Mostly good, but some unplanned “bad” that’s got me pretty upset and disappointed. I finally purchased and installed the last of the missing ingredients for my chassis setup on the Stormtrooper: Bilstein B8 dampers. Their road and track manners are, for what I was...
  15. GoatAutomotive

Storm (Mk7 GTI) gears up for 5/10 SCCA Track Night event @ HHR - there will be BMW blood...

I live in the suspension section like a hungry bridge troll, and I try to only post helpful or informative content. I am getting back into HPDEs after being out of the game for 8 years, due to money and starting a family. So I will be sharing my trials & tribulations here whenever possible...
  16. GoatAutomotive

It's that time again - Storm (Mk7 GTI) prepares for track battle 5/10 (upgrades & reviews inside)

This will be linked in the track section as well, and eventually in my build journal, which I have written, but not posted on here. I seem to be addicted to the suspension forum. Stop judging me. It's my safe-space. 🙃 😉 2017 GTI SE, DSG - 5/8-5/9/23 – ~43k miles - "Classy & Sassy" Pre-track...
  17. GoatAutomotive

WTB - Bilstein B8; Koni Sports; new or like new coilovers: BC, Bilstein, EQT, ST XA

No rush. I've done my homework. The Bilstein B14 and B16 are great, but hard to find at a price I want to pay. BCs aren't bad but $1200 is a bit high for the quality of the included springs. The EQTs? I should have just bought them when they had their last sale. Standard rates preferred: 9kg...
  18. GoatAutomotive

Post your experiences: 034 Motorsports Locking collar kit for MQB, or TyrolSport Deadset

Didn't find what I'm after with the usual search functions. It's rare, but it happens. Here's the latest: -Front sway bar going in. -TyrolSport is still backordered HARD on some missing pieces to make and sell a complete DeadSet kit. -Their kit uses stronger, reusable ARP bolts and includes...
  19. GoatAutomotive

Track Night HHR 4/12/23

Well…no Tolstoy novel this time. I got in over my head with prepping the car. A lot went wrong or took way longer than it should have. I ended up going to this TNIA event (in my spare car, #ToyotaPower)… shooting photos and video, and supporting friends. I’ll come back with a vengeance for...
  20. GoatAutomotive

360hp kid hauler gets a long-awaited front sway bar upgrade... (detailed review & FSB database inside)

**new and exciting updates being added, including test results from an upcoming 5/10 track day…stay tuned!” Feast your eyes, gents. I scored a very nice deal on a 28mm H&R front sway bar to compliment the 25.4mm rear bar I've had on the car for several years now. And it only comes in...