GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. GoatAutomotive

SOLD: Yperion Titanium Front Brake Pad Shims

DM'd you in case I made it in time.
  2. GoatAutomotive

MK7 GTI Suspension Parts - Bilstein, 034, etc

If you aren't doing lots of track days, the linear rate (Golf R) Eibach PK (essentially what you described) is a great choice. It has stock front spring rates and a slightly stiffer rear (285 vs 250lb/in) I have some sitting in a box taunting me. I am just tired of doing installs for this car...
  3. GoatAutomotive

4/10/24 Track Night @ HHR - Stormy attempts a FWD lap record (how will it end?)

Someone in marketing f***ed that chart all up like a congressional budget. Those temp ratings are way off the reservation. I've called EBC (and their dealers) directly and confirmed that, as one example, the Blue Stuff NDX is a ~900-1000* F pad. UroTuning somehow listed the BS and BS NDX as...
  4. GoatAutomotive

Dynamic friction did not offer the front and rear for my specific application, but I definitely considered them. I have a really strong working relationship with PowerStop over the years. Based on the price and the reviews from people in heavier cars like the BMW and Porsche community, and...
  5. GoatAutomotive

034 Motorsports Audi S3 springs fitted to a Mk7 GTI SE for track use 😎

Just keeping this thread alive. Fronts appear to sag a little more than I expected, but the rates are excellent, and the rear ride height is perfect. Kept clean pace with a handful of $70–85K cars today on the fast cruise, half of them with seasoned drivers.
  6. GoatAutomotive

MK7 GTI Suspension Parts - Bilstein, 034, etc

Triumph of the will… 034 Audi S3 springs, B8 dampers, almost perfection.
  7. GoatAutomotive

Part Out Sale! :)

Pics of the KW coilovers when you get a chance. 👍
  8. GoatAutomotive

Fun YouTube and Google searches: “Texas Three Sisters run” (Our most epic and well kept secret in the deep hill country) “Lime Creek Rd. Fast drive” The former is some amazing sweepers and curves that conjoin (almost 100+ miles long) 3 different roads sequentially named, that are carved into...
  9. GoatAutomotive

dedicated track pads

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/4-10-24-track-night-hhr-stormy-attempts-a-fwd-lap-record-how-will-it-end.444080/page-6#post-8053066 Post #83, full review on the pads so far. I’m a big fan!!! 🥰
  10. GoatAutomotive

Track Day Spec pads initial review: TDS pads were PHENOMENAL today on the canyon runs. I bedded them in late last night, then drove with them this morning. So far I would compare them to a factory BMW M pad, or perhaps the Brembo pads that come on the Camaro SS1LE and ZL1 that are designed for...
  11. GoatAutomotive

That is the aero tray I need. Thank you, AK! 🍻 I actually bought a series of M8x1.25 T304 stainless bolts and washers instead of the annoying Torx bolts VW uses. Hope to have the correct splash shield tomorrow.
  12. GoatAutomotive

Aero tray plans didn’t pan out. (Almost a dad pun) I ordered the one that checked out from my research, then discovered it doesn’t have the proper cooling channels for the DSG trans. The pics online of these are truly terrible, basically a first year police sketch of a suspect. Did the best I...
  13. GoatAutomotive

Small victories! Firestone couldn’t do the alignment today, which was a blessing in disguise: They admitted their Saturday techs aren’t exactly Mensa scholars and I should wait for their better alignment tech Tuesday. Came home inspired and determined: There’s a fast cruise tomorrow with...
  14. GoatAutomotive

Here’s the tragic low-down of what happened this month. Some great successes, and some tragic disappointments. I take full responsibility for my share of the mistakes. The frustrating parts issues…I could not have predicted. I pushed it too close to race day for the installs. I still had parts...
  15. GoatAutomotive

I have truly s**t luck with aftermarket parts and installs some weeks… 🤦‍♂️
  16. GoatAutomotive

H&R Suspension kit F/S in central TX, excellent condition, “4-fiddy!”

Please read before posting questions or DMing me. 95% of your questions have been addressed in the ad with full transparency. 👌 https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/25552590834332342/?mibextid=6ojiHh “If you see this ad, the suspension kit is available. I will update it the minute a...
  17. GoatAutomotive

“Hello Michael, Thank you for reaching out, In order for us to get a better understanding, we would like to request some additional details. Could you provide us with your full VIN and your OEM ball joint part number? Please also provide us with your 034 order number/copy of your original...
  18. GoatAutomotive

I actually thought about you last night and wanted to reach out to you to discuss how the SiperPros interfaces with your stock BJs. These are bone stock OEGTI ball joints that came with a car in 2017. I was deeply disheartened when I saw that there were only about 4 threads coming through the...
  19. GoatAutomotive

100% agreed. I contacted 034 after hours to discuss. Definitely not recommended for tracking in this configuration. I’ll check my email again to see if they’ve responded yet.
  20. GoatAutomotive

Shots of the 034 LCAs. They feel very lightweight and rigid in your hands. 🙌 🤤 Note the horrific voids in the stock LCA bushings. That design has no place on a GTI, R or GLI… 🥵 🤢