GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. D

I (unfortunately) need to open a headlight...

long story short, some time ago I bought HID headlights to retrofit but never completed the project. I noticed that something is wrong inside the left headlight but I cannot complain with the seller anymore. I actually tried and they didn't even bother to answer. so how feasible is it to open a...
  2. D

how to find housing pin OEM spare codes...?

all the OEM mods I am doing require some sort of electrical wiring, and this always includes using OEM connectors. while it is relatively easy to source connector spare codes, I find almost impossible to source the pins, I mean the crimp contacts. my dealer says VW only offers the repair wire...
  3. D

BCM and GW replacement

so in order to implement all the retrofits I want, I need to replace both BCM and Gateway, from Mid to High version. so I just need to pull the battery, replace both, and then write old coding and adaptations? I know that component protection will kick in and needs to be cleared by the dealer...
  4. D

how to take off rear calipers

I have rear calipers with the Electronic Parking Brake, I need to take them out to paint them red (already did front, that was easy). besides the VCDS procedure to open and close the calipers, I am looking for any hint/warning/reccomandation on how to take out the calipers. I read that the EPB...
  5. D

further customizing ComingHome/LeavingHome

I changed the CH/LH lights from Low Beam to Fog Lights, it worked but now, together with the Fog Lights, I also get the High Beam lamp (not at full intensity). I would also like to switch off plate lights from CH/LH. Basically all I want is Fog Lights and Tail Lights. Can anybody guide me...
  6. D

help for sourcing dimming mirror connector

7L0857511 9B9 is the part number of the auto dimming mirror I just bought from a salvage yard. I gathered all the info I could before buying it and I understand it needs four wires. I don't have a problem building my own harness but I need help to locate the part number for the connector that...
  7. D

heated seats retrofit

I want to retrofit seat heating as OEM as possible. so far I read (almost) everything I could find with google, here and other forums. I know that the Climatronic panel needs to be replaced, that Kufatec harness needs to be run and, of course, heating mats must be in the seats. BCM also needs...
  8. D

parts for front doors bi-amping

I am looking at bi-amping the front doors speakers, it means I need separate wires going to the woofer and tweeter. Then I will use an external amp with integrated DSP. Does anybody know if the door connector has two empty positions, and the part numbers for the male and female contact pins?