GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. M

Spark plug burnt tip

This normal?? Lol I can’t remember what they looked like when I replaced them first at like 60k/klm(37k miles) and now I’m replacing them at 110klm. Unitronic stage 1, no issues at all. Also note the sludge stuff where the crush ring is near, this was the only plug with it, not concerning eh? I...
  2. M

Whine only in first gear

Hey just yesterday my gearbox( 2017 1.8 tsi it has a 5 speed transmission) started whining in first, just that gear no matter the throttle input but more pronounced in higher rpm any idea what this could be? I just did an oil change and put in penzoil syncromesh about a month ago fluid was fine...
  3. M

Leaking oil from axle

Sorry for the dumb title, I’m just trying to figure out what I’ve got here with my car. Tech noted an oil leak underneath when changing my clutch about a month ago, when I did my oil change I noted a bunch of oil underneath the car so I went in for a better look. It appears it’s leaking from...
  4. M

Name this steering wheel?

And where to get it!! I’ve been looking forever, it’s deff from a euro car, I’d like to replace mine but I have a non mfsw and this is the only good looking one I’ve found of course lol
  5. M

VW ID4 (electric “suv”)

VWs second electric car available in North America will be debuting in a few weeks, who else is excited? What’s make or break for you about it? I’m in Canada I’m hoping it will be available in a trim for under 40k after tax incentives(5k federal, no provincial) otherwise I don’t think I’d...
  6. M

Bleeding clutch

So I just flushed my brake fluid, and I thought I would do my clutch at the same time (1.8t with a 5 speed manual) brake fluid flushed fine, when I put the hose on theclutch nipple and opened it I got no fluid out?(While pressing clutch pedal down) tried the open close procedure, pushing clutch...
  7. M

Offset wheel question (stupid question)

I’m looking for rims that are more offset then stock(2017 golf 1.8) but so the outer edge of the rim is farther out then the hub. I’ve noticed it on bmw rims, and I’ve seen really nice ones on a Tiguan(one of the higher end models on the older version) I’m just not sure is there a name for this...
  8. M

Oil leak worth going to dealer?

2017 golf, no noticable drop in oil level on dipstick over 15 000klm. This is normal to see on engine eh? And I took a pic of bottom too, not sure what the stain is... oil? Or just something splashed up?
  9. M

Only running lower dogbone mount

Anybody have issues just running the lower mount? I don't have my car tuned or anything, just want to clean up the shifting(ordered a cheap mount off aliexpress for like 20 bucks) Ecs now ships their mounts with an upper mount to keep the dogbone arm from bending, but like I said my cars not...
  10. M

Adding esc button to display?

I can turn asr off but not the esc(stability control?) Through my menu, I want to add the option to turn it off what's the cheapest way I can do it! Will obd11 do it? I know vcds can code it to have an off button but that seems to be quite a bit more expensive Trying to figure out this weird...
  11. M

Driving uphill on gravel-wheelhop??

So at our family camp there is a fairly steep gravel road, and a recent storm loosened up a ton of gravel. Trying to get up it today(made it) I started slipping and a violent banging happened in the front end, multiple times a second. It was almost like rocks hitting the bottom extremely hard...
  12. M

Roof... rails? On a golf (non-sport wagon)

Just had a thought the other day, (maybe a stupid one) about the process of installing roof rails on a golf(3 door, as per username lol) to make taking a roof rack on and off easier, and may be aesthetically pleasing. Anyone think this would look butt ugly? I had a tiguan before, and the roof...