GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. M

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Replaced the PCV as preventative maintenance. Took a 1klm drive to just make sure I did everything right… so I don’t wake up to go to school in the morning and have the car not work lol and it seems to have a smoother idle! Could be just my imagination we will see.. Strange on the new one...
  2. M

P00AF00 Wastegate

Reach behind and slightly under the turbo from the top it’s the silver looking thing on the back left side of where the engine cover is. You should feel a skinny rod back there. I added a picture I took and I’ll add a question to your question lol… can anyone confirm I antiseize the connection...
  3. M

Weird Oil Leak

Mine leaks from the timing chain cover/oil fill spot and I first noticed it on the oil pan. I never lose much between oil changes so I haven’t done anything about it yet
  4. M

I thought my longer wheel bolts ( that I bought to use with my summer rims and spacers) would be fine to use with my steel winter rims (no spacers) and lost my oem wheel bolts after installing the spacers this summer… found out the hard way the bolts are too long trying to drive the car after...
  5. M

Judder when pulling away.

My cars always been like this. I gave up trying to fix it, replaced with smfw new mounts etc. just drives funky at low speeds sometimes I’ve accepted it lol
  6. M

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

I took an old wrench and used my angle grinder to thin it out, had to take a lot off! I tried everything before that tho, pliers etc it was such a PITA
  7. M

I had a big dumb moment. I always jack my car up to change the wheels from the control arms cause I only have to jack it up a little to get the wheel off the ground. I changed my back brakes pads and rotors today, was cursing the whole time had no room to get the caliper carrier bolts off on the...
  8. M

That wrap looks amazing (I’m assuming it’s wrapped!)
  9. M

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

Anybody know if there is a way to turn off the fuel cut off on deceleration feature? Manual 5 speed 1.8 if it matters
  10. M

My gti is leaking fluid but I can’t tell what it is.

I would say if low oil light came on first it’s likely engine oil. You can leak quite a bit and not notice a change on the dipstick esp if it’s not noticeably pooling on the ground. My oil leaks from the upper timing chain cover/ oil fill cap and makes a mess leaking down to the oil pan but...
  11. M

Audi Seats In a MK7?

Sure. Ive got a few. Last pic shows the seats on the Audi frame prior to install.The third picture shows I’m taking the physical seat heating pad off of my original seat, and putting it on the Audi seat foam, under the leather( this is what connects to the seat occupancy sensor, I have no idea...
  12. M

Audi Seats In a MK7?

Yeah like 1000%. The seat frames (the metal frame underneath the foam and leather/ cloth covering) were almost identical, comfort is now way way better. Honestly one of the better things I’ve done with my car for long drives (I was commuting 60klm to work each day when I swapped them)
  13. M

Audi Seats In a MK7?

Kind of, I took the seat cover and foam off the Audi seats. Did the same in my VW. Underneath the seat back and bottom there is a frame made of metal to hold the foam in position, hold the airbag etc. they are very very similar and all the foam clipped right on.
  14. M

Audi Seats In a MK7?

I took Audi A4 seats from an all road (not sure the year, maybe a 2015?)and fit the foam and leather onto the metal seat frame of my 2017 golf (it’s a two door, couldn’t find 2 door seats for decent price). It fit exactly, all the plastic clipped on like it was meant to. So no swapping modules...
  15. M

Arm rest

Good lord that’s ugly lol but I’ve also always found it too short, might order it
  16. M

Can you re-use bolts for engine and transmission mounts

I’ve been told they are supposed to be replaced but for stretch bolts if they are spec’d 90deg turn after torquing it’s ok to reuse but if it’s 180deg then replace it
  17. M

Throttle Hiccup/Bucking/Hesitation Under Light Throttle **FIXED!!**

Interesting! Mine does it too I just figured it dog bone is kinda soft. U tuned? Wonder if you can do it on obd11
  18. M

2019 Alltrack manual has a little jerkiness sometimes when letting off throttle quickly

You can try just dogbone first it’s the easiest and also cheapest. Do some research, lots to choose from. Then if still not happy you can do engine and trans at that point, which is ideal but also pricey
  19. M

2019 Alltrack manual has a little jerkiness sometimes when letting off throttle quickly

Yes it’s the engine mounts. No buy the BFI don’t buy 034 they are only marginally better then stock and u will wish you bought bfi ones earlier ask me how I know lol
  20. M

Not my car but I helped my friend change rear brakes on his tig that has an EPB what a pain in the ass without VCDS I have to do my golfs brakes soon for the first time (at like 115x klm) and thankfully just have a manual parking brake