GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. rye0pa

New recall for fuel pump 2015-2020

https://thehill.com/regulation/transportation/4483775-volkswagen-recalling-261k-cars-over-pump-problem-linked-to-potential-gas-leaks/
  2. rye0pa

VW Areton ownership opinions

I am in the market for another car for the family. My wife wants a more luxury oriented car. She is tired of driving around our 2011 Buick Enclave as she says it too big. I commute in a Chevy Bolt most of the week and now drive the GTI 1 or 2 days a week. Anyone own or have owned a Areton? I...
  3. rye0pa

Keyless fob/key replacement

I am wondering if anyone has had a fob/key stop working? I had 1 of my 2 keys just stop working. I thought it was the battery but I changed it and still nothing. I called dealership to get a idea of a replacement and getting one isn't an issue for them but cost is crazy $300 to $350. I see...
  4. rye0pa

FMIC Install

Live near exit 2 NJTP in southern NJ and have a FMIC in my garage that I have been wanting to install(8 months) just don't have time as I have been finishing my basement. Anyone know of a local shop that will perform this and what costs might be?
  5. rye0pa

Waterfest 2022 Sept 10-11

Been trying to go to this for the past 3 years and was always away on vacation, sad because only about 50 min from my house. Never been to one how does it compare to the VAG fair in York, PA.
  6. rye0pa

More Soot after EQT 91 stg 2 tune

I know our cars do make some black soot. But since I loaded the EQT Stg2/91 tune I think I have been getting more soot on start up. I never see smoke and don't lose any oil. My theory is that it is running a bit rich. I have always seen a bit of soot on the exhaust tips since the car was new...
  7. rye0pa

Upper timing chain cover leak. Powertrain warranty?

Took my car in for a last look over and oil change before factory warranty was to expire at 60k currently at 58888. They told me the upper timing chain cover had a leak but are saying it is not covered under powertrain warranty. Has anyone else experienced this? I would think that this job...
  8. rye0pa

JB1 For sale 2015-2018 GTI -SOLD

Good starter Tuner. Just plug in and go. Currently on Map2 for 93octane for my 2017 GTI. But is easily switchable with a PC and USB cable(included). Looking for $200 shipped within continental US. *UPDATE* open to all offers/ possibly trade.
  9. rye0pa

Free ECS dogbone insert- SOLD

I installed a dogbone insert that was just too aggressive for me. I will send it to anyone you just need to pay shipping. You will also need to buy the bolts for the transmission as they are supposed to be replaced when you install this. Just PM me with your info and I will send it...
  10. rye0pa

Front subframe rust. And treatment POR15

I noticed my front subframe was developing rust and I want to keep my car forever so I decided to nip it in the but early. Used POR15 and love the way it turned out. Here are some before and after shots.
  11. rye0pa

Rotor with 1mm ring around the perimeter

Did a wheel swap yesterday to my winter tires. And I looked to see how the original break pads looked to see if I would be needing them soon. And to my surprise there is still a good amount remaining after 50k miles. But I did notice that the rotors seem to have worn down by about 1-2mm and...
  12. rye0pa

Custom Performance Engine/ transmission mounts with ECS dogbone insert. From purchase to ..

I like to give my story from purchase through install. I drive a 2017 GTI SE 6mt Beginning: I was rounding 50k miles and I have been feeling the engine wobbling and driving enough cars over the years to know what was up. I began to research of mounts and my goal was to have a stiffer but not...
  13. rye0pa

6MT New Clutch at 17k review and story

So I started to get slippage at 15k. Noticed it more after a JB1 add. I went with a Clutch master FX250 with a Sachs DMF as I didn't want the SMF after doing research an reading many threads. I also replaced the Slave cylinder. After speaking to a few Transmission shops(including the Dealer)...