GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. fretburnr

Disable the handbrake warning sound

17 GTI here. Does anyone know if it's possible to disable or code out the alarm sound that happens when you pull the manual handbrake? I don't mind the BRAKE light on the dash but the alarm beep/ding is terribly annoying. I've searched all over the web and through every option I can find on...
  2. fretburnr

SOLD: BMS JB1 with data cable $200

(this is also posted in the main classifieds but would love to sell local) I'm selling my Burger Motorsports JB1 with data cable. It worked perfectly on my '17 GTI. The harness and connectors are in great shape with no broken bits. The main box has a few scuffs from handling and stowing it...
  3. fretburnr

JB1 w/ data cable

I'm selling my Burger Motorsports JB1 with data cable. It worked perfectly on my '17 GTI. The harness and connectors are in great shape with no broken bits. The main box has a few scuffs from handling and stowing it next to the battery, but no actual damage. Easy installation, great power bump...
  4. fretburnr

Google Street View spotted me!

I was leaving for lunch one day last summer, and stopped to talk to a coworker, and he spotted the Google Street View car coming through our industrial/office park! They got a nice pic of my MK7 :p
  5. fretburnr

MK7 GTI on track

This last Friday I finally had a chance to get my GTI out on track. I attended an event with Windy City BMWCCA at Autobahn Country Club, and I run in the Intermediate group. We ran 3 25 minute sessions on the South course, and a 35 minute session on the Full course at sunset. It was beautiful...
  6. fretburnr

Brake pads and car prep for mild track use

I recently sold my e46 330i hpde/autox car, and am looking forward to using my GTI for events in the near term. The GTI is completely stock other than some Continental ECS tires. For some background, I have been autocrossing for 12 years, and sporadically doing track days for the last 8. I run...
  7. fretburnr

2017 cost savings measures

So we are generally familiar with some of the things changed by VW for 2017 as cost-savings measures; the lack of felt lining in some of the compartments/glove box, the missing battery tray cover, etc. Most of these are documented well. I just noticed last week on my 2017 GTI Sport that the...