GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. fretburnr

Disable the handbrake warning sound

17 GTI here. Does anyone know if it's possible to disable or code out the alarm sound that happens when you pull the manual handbrake? I don't mind the BRAKE light on the dash but the alarm beep/ding is terribly annoying. I've searched all over the web and through every option I can find on...
  2. fretburnr

Looking for a shop in N. Illinois

Enhanced Autowerks in Lake in the Hills. Jeff is an experienced VAG tech and a great guy.
  3. fretburnr

What are your favourite winter tires?

I have Michelin X-Ice 3 on my winter wheel set, and I don't like them very much. Snow and ice traction are decent, but above-freezing wet grip is poor, and they are the squirmiest tires I've ever used; so much so that they don't hold a straight line going 60 on the highway. They are broken in...
  4. fretburnr

17" Wheels for Winter Tires on GTIs?

Tire Rack to the rescue. These are 17x7.5s, Sport Edition brand (their private label brand)
  5. fretburnr

SOLD: BMS JB1 with data cable $200

Reasonable offers welcome
  6. fretburnr

JB1 w/ data cable

Reasonable offers welcome
  7. fretburnr

SOLD: BMS JB1 with data cable $200

(this is also posted in the main classifieds but would love to sell local) I'm selling my Burger Motorsports JB1 with data cable. It worked perfectly on my '17 GTI. The harness and connectors are in great shape with no broken bits. The main box has a few scuffs from handling and stowing it...
  8. fretburnr

JB1 w/ data cable

I'm selling my Burger Motorsports JB1 with data cable. It worked perfectly on my '17 GTI. The harness and connectors are in great shape with no broken bits. The main box has a few scuffs from handling and stowing it next to the battery, but no actual damage. Easy installation, great power bump...
  9. fretburnr

Sport Tuning brand on Tire Rack

The Sport Tuning and Sport Edition brands are some of Tire Rack's private label/house brands. The quality is actually very good for the price. Over the last 15 years I have had Sport Editions for winter wheel sets on several previous cars, including my SW20 MR2, e36 M3s, and Mazdaspeed 6. I now...
  10. fretburnr

200tw tires for Track use

I just wanted to add a note about the Dunlop Z3. I was a huge fan of the Z1 and Z2 star spec tires in the past and used them to great effect. The wear characteristics of the Z3 are quite good, they are very streetable and have decent manners. I didn't get to any big tracks this season, but they...
  11. fretburnr

Official Illinois Spotted Thread

You know frets, like on the neck of a guitar?
  12. fretburnr

Official Illinois Spotted Thread

I'm a mid 30's dude in a white GTI over in that area as well :p
  13. fretburnr

BMS VW GTI JB4 info thread

Hey, does anyone know if the wireless connect kit can be used with an early model JB1?
  14. fretburnr

I'm Not Done Yet!!

So you have 200k on the odo, but 120k on the engine when it went?
  15. fretburnr

What is your brake wear?

Year: 2017 Sport DSG Number of Doors: 4 Performance or Standard Brakes: Performance Current Mileage: 57000 Have you replaced brake pads and/or rotors yet: No (except for track days) How's your brake performance compared to when you first got it, or how good in general if you bought used...
  16. fretburnr

Neuspeed Power module piggy back safe on the track?

You'll get a much better improvement in lap times with just seat time, or if you want to spend some money, good tires and some camber.
  17. fretburnr

Props to the GTI new car smell!

I like the factory washer fluid smell
  18. fretburnr

Chicagoland Chat Thread

I highly recommend Ken Kane at AAA Wheaton. He took care of my GTI in no time, can do custom specs if needed.
  19. fretburnr

Titan7 Forged wheels, THIS IS NOT A GROUP BUY

That's what I was saying, it's not there.