GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. C

FS: Cheap MK7 Austin 18's in DFW, TX

Sold my MK7 GTI and have a set of 18" OEM Austin wheels with dead tires. 3 of them have some form of cosmetic rash/scratches but are structurally sound and could be refinished, one is in pretty good condition. They would be fine for winter tires or you can get them refinished for about 70-80...
  2. C

FS: Cheap MK7 GTI Austin wheels

Sold my MK7 GTI and have a set of 18" OEM Austin wheels with dead tires. 3 of them have some form of cosmetic rash/scratches but are structurally sound and could be refinished, one is in pretty good condition. They would be fine for winter tires or you can get them refinished for about 70-80...
  3. C

Ripped foglight connection

Was taking off my bumper and it slipped before I had a chance to disconnect the fog light connection. Do I need to replace the entire harness or is there a way to replace just the end?
  4. C

MK7 Xenon Low Beam Bulb Replacement

Does anyone have a write up on how to replace the low beam bulbs on a MK7 with Lighting Package (Bi-Xenon headlights)? Do you have to remove the entire headlight from the car and take the bumper off etc?
  5. C

Sold

Gone
  6. C

2016 GTI Woodpecker Knocking Sound

Was driving in my wife's 16 GTI Autobahn DSG this weekend and had a strange knocking sound on two separate occasions. First time was under 3/4 throttle getting to a highway, second time was just cruising at 40 mph on a city street. The sound was a quick series of knocking sounds maybe 3-4...
  7. C

Anyone switch to 17" wheels for daily driving?

Tires are dead on my wife's 18" stock wheels for her 16 GTI PP. Thinking about switching to 17" wheels to make the ride a bit more comfortable and to save some weight on the wheel/tire combo and save some money on tires. Any downsides to moving to a 17" except for potentially looks?
  8. C

Minor collision, bumper/grill/headlight/hood don't align

Wife bumped into someone at a light, low speed 10 mph or less, no paint damage to any panels, no airbags deployed, truly a low speed bump. The impact cracked the front upper grille right at the VW badge and seemed to push the hood back towards the windshield a bit. Took it to a shop and they...
  9. C

Feedback on Bremmen Parts - ECS Grill

Has anyone bought the Bremmen Parts grill at ECS for MK7 with lighting package? It's about 130 bucks cheaper than OEM, wondering if the quality is any good. https://www.ecstuning.com/b-bremmen-parts/gti-lighting-package-grille-with-red-strip/009510brp04~brp/
  10. C

WTT 19 M2 Competition for Golf R DCT in TX

I've been thinking about trading my 2019 BMW M2 Competition 6MT with around 7k miles in Hockenheim silver for a 2018/2019 Golf R DCT with DCCD. I value my car around 55K and would need the difference in cash. If you have a 19 Golf R DCT in TX and are interested in moving up to a M2 comp, PM me.
  11. C

2016 GTI Autobahn Brakes

My wife told me her car is making squealing noises when she brakes. I checked the front pads and they are nearly to the backing plate, needless to say she's driving her other car for now. I've ordered new Raybestos Element3; Hybrid Technology pads and rotors and brake pad wear sensor from...
  12. C

DFW OBDEleven Help

Anyone in DFW have an obdEleven cable that can help me program the car? I put in a larger capacity battery since the stock one died and read that you have to change a digit in the serial number to let the car know that it has a new battery and reset the charging pattern. Happy to compensate...
  13. C

16 Autobahn Battery Replacement

The battery on my 16 Autobahn GTI died. I did some searching on the forum and saw some mixed messages on the replacement process. I don't believe I have the auto engine start/stop since it's a US car. I couldn't quite tell which size battery is the best compromise between direct drop in...
  14. C

17 GTI Sport Pricing

I was looking for a 17 Sport DSG about a year to a year and a half ago when they were selling for 22-23 new at some dealers with big discounts. I found a 25k mile car for 18K but it got snapped up before I could close the deal. What are prices looking like for a sub 40k mile 17 Sport DSG in...
  15. C

WTB: 2017 GTI sport DSG only

Thinking about downgrading my 2017 BMW M2 daily driver to a 2017 Golf GTI Sport DSG. Prefer white, under 20k miles, under 18K, cash in hand. Closer to DFW, TX the better. Must be clear title, no paintwork/incidents, prefer little to no mods.
  16. C

Trim/options Vin Lookup Online Tool

Is there a website or tool online that can identify what options a car has by the VIN? I'm looking at a used 2017, it appears to be a sport from all the pictures but just want to make sure. I tried this one but it shows the car is an S which I don't think is accurate...
  17. C

Cheapest Dealer in the US

Does anyone know which dealer in the U.S. is selling leftover 2017 GTI's at the best price? For Subarus there's a dealer in CO that's consistently way below invoice and a few thousand cheaper than anyone else. Is there a dealer like that for VW?
  18. C

WTB: 2015-2016 GTI S with PP and Lighting

Looking for a 2017 Sport or 2016 S models with PP and LP DSG ONLY. Prefer white exterior, under 40k miles. Budget is mid teens for 16 S upper teens for 17 Sport. Must be clean carfax, no accidents, prefer little to no mods. Located in DFW, TX. PM me if you have a car for sale that matches...
  19. C

MK7 Reliability

Hi, new to the forum. Thinking about a used 2015 MK7 GTI to replace my aging 2003 E46 330i ZHP 6mt. I may have to buy a higher miles car (50-70k) to stay in my budget of mid teens so I'm curious if the MK7 is pretty reliable after it's out of warranty. I don't mind fixing small stuff but part...