GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Z

Coil pack insulator insert / hard to install coil pack?

I was replacing my spark plugs last weekend and I had difficulty installing one of the coil packs. In the past the dealership has been chasing a misfire problem on my car and has moved coil packs around and even replaced one. Every time I talked to them they gave different cylinder numbers for...
  2. Z

HVAC air intake location / hot air from vents when sitting in traffic?

If the exact model matters, I have a 2017 Golf 1.8T with the 5 speed manual an the manual climate control. The other day I got stuck in some VERY slow traffic (quite uncommon where I live) and spent about 50 minutes basically at a stop. During this time the outside temperature was between 11...
  3. Z

Where did this part come from / what is this thing? (Hatch area, black plastic)

After a long drive today I opened the hatch to get something out and this piece came from... somewhere?.... and fell on the ground as I lifted the hatch. It was wet and dirty with road grime so I assume it's from the outside somewhere but searching around in the dark with a flashlight I haven't...
  4. Z

Repeated Cylinder 2/3 Misfire - 2017 1.8TSI 5MT

I'm looking for some opinions on what I should expect here. On August 1, I was coasting down off a highway and as soon as I touched the throttle I got a blinking CEL and the following codes: P030300 - Cyl.3 Misfire Detected Intermittent P030200 - Cyl.2 Misfire Detected Intermittent P030000 -...
  5. Z

Bucking under light throttle in gears 1-3

Is anybody else experiencing this? I have a 2017 Golf, 5 speed, 1.8T, and I find as I try to hold a very light throttle position in a low gear (I only observe this in gears 1-3, though it might be too weak to feel in 4/5th gears) I get a strong bucking. I find this happens at what feels like...
  6. Z

Lost communication error codes?

I had a flashing CEL this morning (it is now at the dealership diagnosing some misfire codes that were also set, hopefully that won't require asking for help on here) and I noticed when I scanned it prior to dropping it off it had the following unexpected code set: 01 Engine U021200 - Lost...
  7. Z

First oil change mileage?

What is the normal mileage before the first oil change message appears? I am at 8800km and my car has just started notifying me I am due in 1200km (it will expire at 10012km precisely), but I thought the first change was due at 15,000km (as the dealership told me when I bought the car). I've...
  8. Z

Aftermarket projector headlight jitter?

I am getting ready to buy a set of projector lights for my 2017 Trendline Golf as it's now winter here making it dark for all of my driving and the stock halogen reflectors just aren't providing what I need to feel safe. I would like to upgrade to HID projectors for this reason. Factory LP...