GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. EpicTech

What is with all the SPAM about gummies ?

I don't appreciate logging and seeing 2 pages worth of spam threads about stupid gummies. Can we get something done please? That or put me in touch with the admin to the site and I will do it myself.
  2. EpicTech

Keep the CF Hood and Fenders ??

So here is my dilemma. With my GTi having these I've noticed the hood lifts/flexes up and down right near the edge where the wipers are. I see it do this at anything over 70mph. What's worse is when big trucks meet me on a 2 lane, the hood flexes even more, making me think it's going to pop off...
  3. EpicTech

Auto Insurance Rate Increases

So I just got the wonderfully splendid news that my insurance premium for my two VW's is being doubled. 😤The reason I was given was "nationwide rate increase was applied applicably based on an updated risk analysis of your area." Thanks for that, pretty sure I didnt get a raise at work to cover...
  4. EpicTech

Unitronic IS38 Tune - not what I expected

Thought I would share this so as to add my experience, and to aid others in their decision making with tunes. So those of you that know my car, it was previously a stock IS20 FBO, Unitronic stage 2 car. Made really good power and slightly more than what Uni advertises. Ok fine I had extra mods...
  5. EpicTech

WTB OEM MK7 GTI LP headlight assemblies

Mine are toast, stress cracks everywhere . LMK what you got.
  6. EpicTech

WTB- Fueling mods

Biggest 2 things I am looking for is a LPFP and HPFP. Would like a 1300cc MPI setup w/harness as well. Will be pushing initially a Garret Stage 1 power-max, later a Stage 2 once I get bored with stage 1. Or, if car makes enough power and hits limit of my clutch (550whp) I will stay Stage 1 if...
  7. EpicTech

Wheel bearing help

So, a while back I bent my right front wheel. I replaced the wheel of course, but didn't think about the wheel bearing being damaged. Here we are months later and I started hearing the tell-tale whine. Took the GTI to the shop with replacement wheel hub assembly from FCP Euro Part#FAG8VO498625A...
  8. EpicTech

Just clutch it?

Hey folks, so my GTI needs a clutch. The clutch kit I run is not currently available anywhere, but I can get just the disc. I am trying to figure out if getting just the disc is ok, or do I need the new pressure plate and smf as well? Thanks in advance.
  9. EpicTech

TPC38 - What does it need?

Well I was thinking EQT Vortex, or Littco 500 the whole time, but my stubborn ways want a BB turbo. the TPC38 fits the bill for what I am looking for, so now I am trying to dial in the needed supporting mods. For fuel I was looking at the DW300 kit that ChrisMk77 mentioned. Not sure if it will...
  10. EpicTech

Help my buddy, fuel cut? GTI power loss

Please see attached data logs, his GTI lost power after a pull.
  11. EpicTech

MK7 GTI used OEM downpipe price ?

I have been looking this up to get an idea of what to ask for my OEM dp, results show that new they are like 1800-1900? What do you guys think I should ask? part # 5QM254501G for reference. Has about 10k miles on it, which is when I put my Unitronic dp on. Thanks !
  12. EpicTech

FS - OEM Austin wheels - Best offer

Off of my 2017 GTI SE. I had these wheels on for maybe the first 20k miles of ownership. Right now they are sitting in my hallway and are more in the way than anything else (no garage). They look decent, but the car was my daily and I made frequent trips from Texas to Louisana, so they are not...
  13. EpicTech

Help me get to 400whp for now, then 500whp later.

Hopefully some of you are familiar enough with my car by now, if not then my mods are in my sig lol. Please help me with my dilemma... Considering doing a JB4 stack, my car is about to be an IS38 (or something Hybrid?)and the final flash from Unitronic for IS38. Other options are just going...
  14. EpicTech

Unitronic Stage 2 w/IS38 - Will it even run?

Ok so I called Unitronic on this one to ask and hear from them. I asked if my car would run on the stage 2 with an IS38. Their response was that they highly recommend getting the upgrade flash to Stage2+ (the dedicated IS38 file), and they could not guarantee the car will run without it. I know...
  15. EpicTech

Side skirt removal help

Thought I would ask before I moved forward. Trying to get my side skirts off so that I can install new skirts. I pulled the screw at the bottom that is about middle way down, but the skirt does not come off. Is it held on with adhesive or what am I missing? Google and Youtube wasn't much help.
  16. EpicTech

Sparkplug help

Looking for someone with similar mods as me to chime in. My GTI is FBO with Unitronic Stage 2, which sparkplug is best ? I know about the RS7 plugs (NGK OE# 06K905601M ). If your car is like mine and you have these plugs, would you say: 1. Get them 2. Don't need them, OE is fine 3. You should...
  17. EpicTech

What's that noise ??

Hey folks, help a fella out. I have this noise that sounds a lot like its axle-related. It's the familiar humming associated with that, or at least that is what I think it is. I am at a disadvantage because I am half deaf, so I can't pinpoint the area, or be certain the sound is accurate. Here...
  18. EpicTech

MK7 GTI Lighting issues

Hey folks, my GTI interior lighting is bothering me. It is not bright enough. I have the lighting package but does that also include the interior LED bulbs as well? I have the dimmer all the way up, but it barely lights up the foot well area? It may because I am used to BMW, and they are just...