GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. MyGolfMk7

500-600 bhp IS38 Upgrade Turbo Hybrid MK7 7.5 VII R GTI LM575 LM500 LM440

The second dyno chart on this page is partially cut off.
  2. MyGolfMk7

Group Buy: Apex ARC-8 Wheels

If I were shopping for something other than the Apex wheel.
  3. MyGolfMk7

eBay Twintercooler

Continuing the eBay Intercooler discussion of not eBay intercoolers that are decent and cost around $500, there is also a FMIC from LT Motorsport and the CTS FMIC.
  4. MyGolfMk7

DSG Tune Catalog

Look at the section where I refer to data logging. If you have questions after that let me know. You can email the data to me and I'll filter it.
  5. MyGolfMk7

eBay Twintercooler

I'll use the popular straw analogy to illustrate why your butt dyno is suspect. One straw is the OEM IC and blowing through it causes a level of pressure drop. You've added a second straw of the same diameter as the first (the bicooler) and are blowing through both, in parallel. Your...
  6. MyGolfMk7

eBay Twintercooler

Your statement: "there did seem to be a rather large pressure drop."
  7. MyGolfMk7

eBay Twintercooler

1 piece of rubber hose (although there have been a number of reports from others that some hose options fit snug) and optionally some worm drive clamps, $15. The risk with the eBay setup is less the parts and more the person installing them screwing up the install. That said the ECS setup...
  8. MyGolfMk7

DSG Tune Catalog

Thanks. I do have a Stratified tune, just got an update to it. (y) Thanks! .
  9. MyGolfMk7

eBay Twintercooler

"Vehicles with SAI (Secondary Air Injection) will need to bend the wiring harness bracket 45° to clear silicone coupler." - ECS Tuning "Bend the factory ambient air temperature sensor bracket (highlighted in GREEN) up against the crash beam as shown." - ECS Tuning "Install the horns into the...
  10. MyGolfMk7

eBay Twintercooler

If you had a hole in a hose that would affect boost.
  11. MyGolfMk7

APR INTAKE DIY SOUND DOOR

My point about the intake being designed to work with air flowing over the car, what's the basis for you saying that "They were designed to have moving air on a moving car."? How do you know that was part of the design of the product? When I say design I mean the person/people who designed...
  12. MyGolfMk7

Make sure to attach a bellmouth to the inlet pipe.
  13. MyGolfMk7

Do you know that for a fact? Or are you telling me what their marketing says? Whether air is being forced through the intake, or pulled through, is irrelevant to measuring the pressure drop caused by the intake, which is the goal of flow testing. The ram air test I just did was intended to...
  14. MyGolfMk7

I think it's a nice intake and I wouldn't lose any sleep using it. Judging it based on relative performance of a small sample of intakes is of limited value.
  15. MyGolfMk7

1. You're going to compare the WGDC of two different vehicles and attribute similarity or difference to the airbox? How are you controlling other variables that could affect WGDC? 2. APR has the lowest flow of the 7 aftermarket products tested. Since I have to purchase the majority of...
  16. MyGolfMk7

DSG Tune Catalog

I have the EQT tune, it's among the data I've posted. The page I linked to has some instructions for collecting the data I'm using to generate the charts. You're welcome!
  17. MyGolfMk7

DSG Tune Catalog

Another way to use this data is to collect the same data while driving the car with manual shifts. The results of the manual shifting can be compared with how the different tunes shift to identify one that closely resembles how the driver would shift. I prefer a tune that shifts similar to...
  18. MyGolfMk7

Diverter Valve causes boost leaks?

I've used a Forge BOV for a while and never noticed any boost leak.
  19. MyGolfMk7

DSG Tune Catalog

From what I have tried and looked at every one has room for improvement. I think it's going to take some revisions of the products before a solid well rounded "best" exists. The more I have looked the higher the bar has been raised.
  20. MyGolfMk7

DSG Tune Catalog

I'm generating a catalog of performance data from various TCU tunes for the DQ250 transmission. The data gives a method of objectively comparing control logic implemented by different vendors. If you are using a TCU tune that you'd like added let me know and I'll guide you through the data...