GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Mk_GTI

Ran a 8.417 @ 81.15 on an ⅛ mi drag strip

Last week, I went with a group that rented out English Hill Dragway in Newport, TN. 2018 Golf R DSG - no mods other than Apex SM10 wheels, which are about 5lbs lighter each than Englishtowns. This track was not prepped well and kinda bumpy. Temps were 82ºF with 50% humidity and 1,055ft...
  2. Mk_GTI

**SOLD** VW Golf R 19" Englishtown wheels with Michelin Pilot Sport AS4 tires (Chicago)

SOLD Golf R 19" Englishtown wheels with Michelin Pilot Sport AS4 tires. Wheel: 19x8 ET50 Tires: 235/35/19 Good condition, minor curb rash on one wheel (pictured) and no bends or cracks. Tires have no plugs or repairs. Two tires have 10k miles and two have 6k miles. No wheel bolts or caps...
  3. Mk_GTI

**SOLD** Michelin X-Ice 225/45/R17 winter tires on 17x7.5 Sport Edition F7 wheels

**SOLD** Michelin X-Ice 225/45/R17 winter tires on 17x7.5 Sport Edition F7 wheels. 15k miles on the set. Wheels have no bends or cracks. Tires have never been patched or plugged. Fits Mk5 Mk6 Mk7 Golf, GTI, Golf R and Audi A3, S3 with included centering rings and clears the PP front brake...
  4. Mk_GTI

Coolant loss after water pump & thermostat replacement?

2018 Golf R with 32k miles. Water pump and thermostat replaced under warranty three months and 3k miles ago. Last weekend, I took a corner rather fast in race mode and got the LOW COOLANT warning. Restarted the car and it hasn't come back on since, but the coolant level is quite low again...
  5. Mk_GTI

What to do with cracked wheel?

Replacing a cracked wheel with a new one. What can I do with the old wheel? Do metal recyclers buy these?
  6. Mk_GTI

WTB - One Englishtown wheel

Need one Englishtown wheel. Will pick up in Chicagoland area.
  7. Mk_GTI

My city has terrible roads: Ideal Wheel/tire setup?

I have a 2018 Golf R in a large city with terrible roads. Debating whether to keep the stock 19" Englishtown wheel/tire set up or downsize a flow formed 18" lightweight wheel with a little more sidewall. My concern is cracking these lightweight wheels. Winter is not kind to the roads around...
  8. Mk_GTI

Another APEX wheel group buy anytime soon?

I want to buy a set, but would like to buy at a discount if we can get some buying power as a group order. Any possibility of another group buy in the next month or two @APEXWheels ?
  9. Mk_GTI

Premature OE battery failure? 2018 Golf R

Anyone aware of a TSB for defective batteries? Seems to be a common issue with the OEM battery. In-service date of my 2018 Golf R was 5/15/2018. The original battery is draining down to 8.1v within a day or two, which isn't enough juice to start the engine. (This thing sure goes nuts with all...
  10. Mk_GTI

Neuspeed wheel durability

How durable are Neuspeed flow formed wheels, notably the RSE10? Time to downsize the wheels on my Golf R from 19" to 18". Roads in my city are terrible, so wheel strength is important. Really like Neuspeed RSE10s in 18x8 to keep the OEM wheel/tire footprint. I'm aware that flow formed...
  11. Mk_GTI

Low profile floor jacks

My old faithful 3-Ton floor jack doesn't fit under the Golf R and it's probably 25 years old anyways. Time to replace it with a new one. The aluminum ones seem like a good idea for portability. Quite a few choices out there and this is not a purchase I take lightly. Which one do you recommend?
  12. Mk_GTI

Climatronic on vent and LO - warm air

2018R - Climatronic on vent and LO temp with cool air temps at 60º still blows warm air. Any idea why so warm without A/C on?
  13. Mk_GTI

WTB - one 235/35/19 Continental ContiSportContact 5P Tire - Chicagoland area

Looking one/single 235/35/19 Continental ContiSportContact 5P tire from a Golf R/S3. Chicagoland area.
  14. Mk_GTI

FYI - Google Maps is now displaying in CarPlay dashboard

Google Maps iOS update came out last week. Noticed today that it finally displays in the dashboard! Kinda looks like an Apple map, but it is indeed Google. Didn't try Waze yet.
  15. Mk_GTI

OBDeleven - reported mileage not matching up between modules

2018 CPO Golf R, purchased with 6,100 miles in July 2019 from a VW dealer. Noticed after scanning the system for fault codes using OBDeleven, the mileage reported in the main screen does not match with the mileage reported in some of the modules. Odometer and main screen display 16,000 miles...
  16. Mk_GTI

Volkswagen Front Assist Class Action Lawsuit Investigation

https://considertheconsumer.com/consumer-class-actions/volkswagen-front-assist-class-action-investigation?fbclid=IwAR01Vf5MNL31uTM21ZE0_1gfvOF4Padwd2w2g4nuJ2XCjdhsY1bkZE06uPA Anyone get involved in this? I've had the sudden unnecessary front assist application happen a few times in my 2018 Golf...
  17. Mk_GTI

Video: 2019 R intake valve carbon buildup at 10k miles

Humble Mechanic pulls the intake manifold on his 2019 R and finds an alarming amount of carbon buildup for only 10k miles. I'm wondering how much the start/stop feature accelerates the inevitable carbon buildup?
  18. Mk_GTI

2018 R DSG Fuel Economy stats

Fuel economy stats using Road Trip app on iOS 2018 Golf R DSG Purchased 6/9/2019 with 6,165 miles 93 octane fuel from top tier sellers - BP, Shell, Mobil Work commute three days per week 40-44mi round trip, heavy traffic/city traffic for ¾ of commute, dense city traffic rest of week Mix of Eco...
  19. Mk_GTI

Found a few CPO Spektrum R's for sale

Sarantos Turqouise https://www.burnsvillevw.com/certified/Volkswagen/2019-Volkswagen-Golf+R-299fb1df0a0e0ae831965b6a0114b327.htm Raspberry Red https://www.burnsvillevw.com/certified/Volkswagen/2019-Volkswagen-Golf+R-b3dc63210a0e0ae86f5ff216e646da22.htm Magma Orange...
  20. Mk_GTI

2020 Volkswagen Golf GTI / Jetta GLI: Car and Driver's 10Best

https://www.caranddriver.com/features/a29797953/10best-2020-volkswagen-golf-gti-jetta-gli/