GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. F

New Borla Cat-Back For Golf R

Looks like Borla is releasing a new cat-back exhaust for the Golf R. Went on their website and says "coming soon". Sounds good.....hopefully will have a good price to match! Would be nice if a big player in the exhaust industry released a nice exhaust at an affordable price........not exotic...
  2. F

VW Wanted New Golf R With 5 Cylinder Engine

Interesting article on new Golf R. Apparantly VW wanted to put the 5 cylinder from the Audi RS into the Golf, but Audi said No! Too bad............That would have been the ultimate Golf R. I would have traded up, in a heartbeat! Makes sense Audi wants to keep the 5 cylinder for themselves, as...
  3. F

Changing back to the Golf R's from the Type R

Welcome back! The CivicType R was one of the cars on my shortlist when shopping for the Golf R. Never had a chance to drive the Civic, but am happy I went with the Golf R. Golf is a great driver's car!
  4. F

Downpipe or Cat-back Exhaust

Wow! That is a good price. If I can get similar pricing, I'd be sold, as your exhaust sounds terrific. Hope we get some good deals coming soon! Thanks for the advice, and info.
  5. F

Toni, your Remus sounds awsum! Sounds really throaty. I love the sound, but pricey once you add tips, compared to AWE Track. Not sure if I really need a valved system? I would tend to think, I would be running in open position all the time? I'm middle aged, but like some noise........and the...
  6. F

I have a stock Golf R 7.5, which I like a great deal.......but, the only thing I really miss, is a nice exhaust note. I think these cars come with an exhaust that is too quiet, from factory. With Black Friday sales coming soon, thinking I can change that. I like the sound of a few aftermarket...
  7. F

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Would love that set up on my infotainment screen. Is this possible on the MK7.5 Golf R? How is it done? Do you need OBD11? This is how the car should have come from Factory!
  8. F

VW electric racer smashes Pikes Peak's overall record

VW's I.D. R electric race car is the fastest car up Pikes Peak. It beat out all cars, electric, gas powered, and even the unlimited class cars. Way to go VW!! https://www.engadget.com/amp/2018/06/24/vw-id-r-pikes-peak-breaks-overall-record/
  9. F

Where are you guys exactly putting this stuffing in the sub-woofer? Anybody have any pics, or procedure?
  10. F

Never heard of anyone mentioning this? What is the procedure? I'm really impressed with the stock sounding stereo, and bass.....mind you, I don't crank it like I used to in my younger days!
  11. F

Busted! Pulled Over For Tinted Side Windows!

So, I was driving home yesterday morning, stopped at a traffic light. Police car pulls behind me in the other lane. Light turns green, and he immediately pulls in right behind me. Turns on flashing lights, so I pull over. He noticed my driver & passenger side windows were tinted. I have the...
  12. F

Loosing iPhone Contact List & Will Not Populate

So I bought a new MK7.5 Golf R last month. All has been good, until this past week. I have been having problems downloading my iPhone contact list into the cars infotainment system. When I picked up my new car the sales guy showed me all the features available on this car, and helped me set up...
  13. F

Which Liquimoly oil? There are almost a dozen VW 2.0L approved oils, that meet VW specs on their website. I was looking at the 5W40 Leichtlauf High Tech. Is this the best one to go with? Liquimoly, I heard makes very good lubricants!
  14. F

Looking good abt12! Just waiting for my red R to arrive......few more weeks. Looks like your rear license plate is held on by acorn nuts. Is that a Volvo license plate mount? Still debating if I should get the Volvo mount or just let dealer mount plate by drilling 4 holes in bumper?
  15. F

Disable Engine Start/ Stop Feature

Hello all! Great forum! Soon to be a new 2018 Golf R owner. I noticed that the new 2018 Golf has the engine start/ stop feature, shutting down the engine when coming to a full stop. I am in Canada, and not sure if the US cGolfs will have this feature. I am not a fan of this feature, and would...