GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. toothofwar

The MQB Tiguan Thread

Figured this would be a good place for us red headed step children of the mqb world to share mods, tips , troubles, and whatever else.
  2. toothofwar

Random epc and limp mode. need help tracking.

I have had this problem happen a few times now. Naturally it happens when I am not data logging and I can not replicate it at will. At random moments, (usually at the top of 3rd, right before it shifts) the car will hesitate to shift and go to limp mode. I pull over, turn the car off, start it...
  3. toothofwar

2016 wrx

On my way home from work, coming through a construction zone when this red wrx come flying up on my tail. I was patent and stayed speed limit till after the zone and traffic. Once we was alone he came up beside me and lunged a few times. I start slowing down but he won't go below 60. So I match...
  4. toothofwar

Crash bar needed

IMPACT BAR WITH AUTO BRAKE PART#5GM-807-109-AE So my car was in a small accident Sept the 3rd. Car has been in the body shop every since. The impact bar is on a national backorder. No ETA. I have been talking with the body shop and they agreed to install one if I can provide it. I am calling on...
  5. toothofwar

Family members first car advice.

So my nephew is looking at a 2006 Audi A4 quattro 2.0t. It has 126k miles on it and a 2 owner car. It has a typical 16 year old car fade in the paint and interior is dirty, but no tips or major stains. I have only had mk7s and mk7.5s so I am not familiar with that platform. The private owner is...
  6. toothofwar

cone seat lug bolts BRAND NEW

These came from tire rack. Just realized I have 4 sets of lug bolts so this set has to go. Brand new never installed. Only opened the bag to take the picture. Have no idea about price. Shoot me an offer and pay shipping and they are yours!!!
  7. toothofwar

F/S BFI stage 2 dog bone insert VERSION 2. *Now with pictures!!!*

I didn't pay attention when I ordered this kit. My car needs v1. Dont feel like the hassle of a exchange. This is brand new in box with hardware. Pics to be added tonight. Let's do $50 shipped obo.
  8. toothofwar

Delete

Delete
  9. toothofwar

Someone finally did it, introducing the VR6 MK7 GTI.

So I came across this while binge watching youtube. Very interesting idea.
  10. toothofwar

Crap weather for Christmas

First and foremost, my family and I are safe, our house was spared, but was only 1/2 mile from the destruction. On 12/10/21, several tornadoes ripped through Kentucky and the neighboring states. So far over 100 deaths in total and climbing as people are found. The tornado that did most of the...
  11. toothofwar

Oil leak and strange findings.

A little back story before I get to the main event. 2 days ago I received my draggy in the mail. So a short trip to mexico later I had some good data I needed for a long time now. I did 4 runs, so 4 launches. It was cold out, but I did attempt To heat the tires up first. Lots of wheel hop on...
  12. toothofwar

SOLD

SOLD!!!
  13. toothofwar

Yet another tire discussion thread. Yeah I know. lol.

So now that I impulse purchased a set of wheels. I am on the hunt for a tire. I've narrowed down the 2 tire choices to these. 1. falken azenis rt615k+ 2. Firestone Indy 500 The real question comes down to sizes. I have narrowed down the choice to these 2. 255/35R18 245/40R18 The falkens do...
  14. toothofwar

Thread derailed.....ugly car discussion and blue holes.....

So my buddy Said a guy he works with wants to challenge me. He is in a 2019 civic Type R. "Supposedly" he only has an exhaust and stage 1 tune. My mods are in my signature. I really dont Know much about the new type R, so I guess my question is, how bad are they really? I told him I only race...
  15. toothofwar

going for an alignment on 5-5-21. Any suggestions?

After installing My front and rear sway bars, my car is in need of an alignment. I have an appointment tomorrow to get a 4 wheel alignment Done. Any suggestions for specific alignment Specs? This is a daily driver with alot of spirited driving and some drag racing events. Car is an 18 golf R...
  16. toothofwar

Are eqt tunes locked to a vin?

I recently purchased a second hand cobb app with the eqt stage 2 tunes on it. The previous owner had a 2018 golf R like myself. When I hooked up the ap to install the eqt tunes, it is showing them locked out. Am I doing something wrong? Any help would be appreciated.
  17. toothofwar

Check your passwords people!

In the past 24 hours I have found a multitude of legitimate Accounts that are hacked and are selling items. Just a friendly PSA for everyone to check, or better yet change your passwords For this site. These scammers are breaking into longstanding legitimate accounts and posting bogus stuff for...
  18. toothofwar

delete

No longer interested..
  19. toothofwar

elevation change while tuned

So my company Has me working in South Dakota starting next week and I will be there for about 65 days. This is a rare te my family will be joining me due to the distance and length of stay. That all being said, I will be taking the R with me. Mods are in my signature. i have a few questions...
  20. toothofwar

An oh S*** moment, epc light on, cil flashing, car running on hardly no cylinders.

I apologize ahead of time, this is a long one. Car info first. 2018 Golf R, unironic dp, ic, stage 2 ecu And tcu tune. E20 fuel. Getting on the parkway today. In right lane, traffic was slow. Had an open left lane, so I merged left and got after it. Started at 50ish mph. At around 80ish (I...