GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. LJT94

Lumpy idle, possible timing chain? CODES

Hi guys, Over the past few weeks I’ve noticed my car has been what I’d describe as ‘lumpy’ when idling sometimes. It sounds as though it’s not firing on all cylinders, quite rough. Generally once I get driving it’s okay but there has been a few times when it has felt jerky at points. Although...
  2. LJT94

Performance pack discs and pads recommendations?

I've got a GTI PP, when I bought the car it had drilled and vented discs front and back from ECS tuning. I got my MOT done a couple months ago and they had brake replacement down as an advisory. So it's about time to bite the bullet and get some new discs and pads. Just wondering if people...
  3. LJT94

Should I have a small engine cover?

Just noticed that some other people’s cars have this small front engine cover fitted however my car doesn’t have this part fitted? Do I need one? found the part number as:06K103925AA See below my engine bay and the part I’m talking about.
  4. LJT94

Anyone got a BCS Powervalve catback?

Hi guys, I’ve got a mk7 6mt GTI with APR stage 1. Got a clubsport s back box fitted but craving more sound since my step dad has bought a M140i and it sounds epic. I’ve been in contact with Nige from BCS and narrowed it down to the Powervalve variant but unsure on sound variant yet. Can’t...
  5. LJT94

Good quality carbon fibre wing mirrors?

Hi guys, I changed my wing mirror indicators for dynamic ones but in the process managed to snap one of the tabs off my wing mirror cover. So they’re only held on with one tab now rather than two. They should hold still but it’s made me decide to bite the bullet and buy some carbon wing mirror...
  6. LJT94

V2 Maxton Design front splitter in Gloss black / MK7 GTI

Hi guys, I'm selling my V2 of the Maxton Design front splitter for VW golf mk7 GTI finished in gloss black. Comes with all the fittings needed and a fitting guide. The item is practically brand new, ordered from maxton. Only thing missing is the plastic coating has been taken off the splitter...
  7. LJT94

Coolant silica bag, to remove or not?

As the title says, is this a recommended thing to do? I've seen a couple of videos and things on Instagram where people have opened there coolant tank and removed the silica bag with some long nosed pliers. Apparently there's no set interval for the coolant to be changed so the bag is there to...
  8. LJT94

Sachs Organic Clutch with Stage one review

Hi all, I made a post before as I was thinking about going stage one but I was worried about clutch longevity. I'd looked on the forums but could only really see a number of posts on the golf r forums so I was left a little unsure but today I've taken the plunge so I thought I'd give a little...
  9. LJT94

Stage one mk7 GTI - Questions

Sorry if this has already been done but from what I've managed to find I don't think it has. I've seen a lot of posts on stage one mk7 R but not (m)any on the GTI. So I've just got a couple of questions for anyone who's done stage one or even stage two on the mk7 GTI. I'm thinking of getting...
  10. LJT94

UK modifications insurance companies?

Hi guys, my insurance is coming up for renewal on the 13th October. I'm currently with elephant who are aware of my (albeit minor) modifications and are at present not a bad price but my renewal price has come back via email today and has gone up almost £200 despite no claims or any convictions...
  11. LJT94

Downpipe with OEM+ exhaust?

So I've got a Clubsport S backbox on the original exhaust, I'm thinking about getting a remap maybe Revo. Alongside this I was thinking of getting a down pipe as it will add a bit more power and hopefully sound better with the stock exhaust and Clubsport S, Is it a stupid idea though, do...
  12. LJT94

Media not showing artist or song title?

Hi guys, wondering if anyone can help a brother out here? I've got a mk7 GTi, and I'm using a Google pixel 2 running Android 8.1. When I'm using Spotify to play music through Bluetooth the artist and song are no longer coming up. It was all working the other day so not sure what's happened...
  13. LJT94

Revo VS APR Stage 1

Just wondered what people rate more for a stage one map on a GTi? Revo or APR? Revo is £599 and claims between 309-328 HP APR is same price and claims between 306-316 HP I seem to hear more about APR since joining the forum but previously I always had the impression that Revo was pretty...
  14. LJT94

ANOTHER aftermarket catback thread (Sorry [emoji849])

Hi guys, firstly I'm sorry. I realise there's a million and one threads on aftermarket exhausts and I have looked through a few and mainly the 'Exhaustive Exhaust clip thread' which was pretty helpful! Basically I'm thinking about a new exhaust just to add a little more growl and a better...
  15. LJT94

Maxton design V2 front splitter

I quite like the look of the maxton design front splitter but I saw a few comments where people had fitted them and they had snapped under speed. However I think I've seen that they have since been improved in quality. I know triple r composites are working on one so not sure whether to wait...
  16. LJT94

Better exhaust sound, downpipe or catback

Okay so I realise this has probably been done to death but I’m a total rookie to car modding. I’ve got a Manual GTi PP and I’m looking for a more raspy exhaust sound but preferably no drone when cruising. So far after having a little look, I like the sound of these: https://youtu.be/OEo0tq3H3LM...
  17. LJT94

Keeping exhaust tips shiny?

Hi guys, noticed my exhaust pipes seem to collect a lot of carbon type marks on the bottom. They soon tidy up with a bit of wire wool but just wondering if anyone has any products they use to keep them shiny? E.g. : Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  18. LJT94

Revo or APR stage 1 experiences

I’ve got a 2014 Golf GTi PP, so I have the factory LSD type set up as part of the PP. I’m quite happy with the car as it is but I keep toying with the idea of a stage one map but I’m unsure at the minute. Looking at Revo stats it looks like they can pump it up to around 300BHP purely from a...
  19. LJT94

Drivers side wind noise?

Been noticing lately the wind noise when driving at motorway speeds in my GTi is quite loud compared to my previous car (2010 Leon FR). Anyone else get this or am I just being picky and it’s just windy outside? EDIT: realised there’s loads of threads already on this. My bad.
  20. LJT94

CLEANING ADVICE: Drying Towels

Just wondering if anyone can recommend a good drying towel they use? Mine are starting to get a bit shabby lately so I’m after a new one but want a decent one this time round.