GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. MK7 AP2

A/C Does not work correctly and a ticking from the glove compartment

Thanks lou06483, informative post. I see a couple options for replacement, one for vehicles with Valeo brand and the other with Johnson. Is there way to identify which is equipped without actually inspecting the part? Would either work?
  2. MK7 AP2

Mk7 Gti Gasoline Leak Problem

I just had the same problem, 2017 with 45k miles. I noticed a stutter when driving, could not fill more than 1 gallon, and next time I stopped gas was pouring from rear quarter. I had it towed and should know the results tomorrow. I guess I should contact VWOA as this typically isn't covered...
  3. MK7 AP2

2015-2017 LP headlight adjustment height

I'm trying to fine tune my headlight level. I have seen pictures with external markings on the housing indicating which direction to turn for up/down but I don't have them. I have seen both clockwise and counter-clockwise listed to raise headlight level. Without some trial and error, could...
  4. MK7 AP2

Cobb Accessport for Sale

This is the vendor classified forum, should be posted in private classifieds. Just to be clear, you have removed the tune from your car and unmarried the Accessport?
  5. MK7 AP2

Sway bar questions

I had issues with with my ST X coilovers and basically ended up throwing them in the trash. The ST rear sway bar has been great paired with Moog end links and I would still recommend it, absolutely no complaints. Edit: Eibach is another inexpensive option if you want it in red. I think some...
  6. MK7 AP2

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

Congrats, GTI and S2000 is a great combo!
  7. MK7 AP2

Enkei RPF1

The RPF1 wheel face changes at 9" and wider. Under 9" has the convex spokes that generally have good brake clearance. The 9" and above "concave" spokes are not BBK friendly. It is counter intuitive from most wheels, for example a 8" +35 RPF1 will actually have more brake clearance than a 9"...
  8. MK7 AP2

Stuck on sidewalk height

Tirerack has one(!) tire available in 235/35, pirelli p zero system at $320. You would need a 255/35 to keep stock diameter but your wheel width doesn't support it. 235/40 is a minimal sidewall increase from stock which most people welcome. Visually, the difference is minor and in my...
  9. MK7 AP2

(Maybe) simple tyre question

PS4S and Conti ECS both have a 30k mileage warranty which can be very useful. I only got 18k miles out of my ECS, a little disappointed in that but I did get a significant pro-rated refund. I switched to the GMAX RS and am happy with the performance for the price, longevity is to be determined.
  10. MK7 AP2

Thinking of selling my 2016, thoughts on value? (Poll Included)

I'd be willing to pay slightly over KBB if I were in the market. It has a lot of tasteful mods that I would do anyway and private party sale means no tax in AZ. Personally, I don't think you should minimize/downplay the mods because the right buyer will appreciate them.
  11. MK7 AP2

APR No Longer Providing Stage 2 Tunes After Labour Day. Other Tuners to Follow

I think you are missing the point, it doesn't matter how "clean" the tune is. Replacing a cat is technically illegal and an "off road use only" disclaimer likely won't work if the EPA wants to make an example of you. I'm just saying it's in the best interest of APR, from a legal standpoint, to...
  12. MK7 AP2

APR No Longer Providing Stage 2 Tunes After Labour Day. Other Tuners to Follow

Evans Tuning got hit with nearly a million dollar fine in 2017 and they were a small operation compared to APR. It's probably a good idea to not explicitly advertise tunes that by definition defeat emission requirements.
  13. MK7 AP2

Linear Eibachs for GTI

I don't have any specific pictures, could take some tomorrow. I'd say the ones previously posted by Tooly are a good representation though.
  14. MK7 AP2

Linear Eibachs for GTI

My only complaint is the front is lowered more than the rear, but that might actually be a plus for you with the extra sub enclosure weight.
  15. MK7 AP2

Identifying RIMS

Looks like TSW Thruxton.
  16. MK7 AP2

Typical tire tread life and alignment settings.

Obviously tire tread life can vary based on a lot of factors but I got just 19,000 miles out of my Continental ECS. Is that typical? It seems to be low for a tire with a 30,000 mile warranty. I'm not too upset because I did receive a nice pro-rated discount on my new set of General GMAX RS...
  17. MK7 AP2

Neuspeed RSE10 Tire Setup Questions

If you decide to step up to 255, I'd go with a 35 sidewall as the diameter would be an exact match to the stock 225/40. If you do want a little extra sidewall, then 245/40 would be the better choice. I'd guess 245/40 and 255/35 would have similar fender clearance based the difference between...