GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. E

'Cheap' 9.2" Screen Upgrade for MIB2 Cars - Hacked Chinese Delphi Units

Thanks so much for the reply. I was looking at the MIB2.5 units but the ~1500CAD price was off-putting, ~$500 is way easier to stomach even if it has some soft error codes. Will post updates if I end up buying it.
  2. E

'Cheap' 9.2" Screen Upgrade for MIB2 Cars - Hacked Chinese Delphi Units

Wow can't believe I never saw this thread before. Super interesting. Is the reason for this because the new unit has its own programming in the 5F module? Just trying to figure out why you have to fix coding re sound/drive mode. I scored a deal on the 9.2" screen a while back for like $300CAD...
  3. E

NAR 2021 Maps Available for Download for MST2 (MIB2)

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure all the NA 2016+ MK7/7.5 R's have discover pro (ie no sd card for maps but use built in ssd drive). I know my 2017 R doesn't have an sd card for the maps.
  4. E

NAR 2021 Maps Available for Download for MST2 (MIB2)

I have discover pro MHI2, will I be able to use the maps file thats MST2? The MHI2 folder doesn't have any US region map files in it :(
  5. E

90k RECO

Look up the recommended service intervals from VW and see if you are missing anything. Replacing coils are generally a waste of money unless you are having issues, either they work or they don't. OEM spark plugs, engine air filter, cabin air filter, oil change, haldex fluid change and filter...
  6. E

205/50/17

Like others said, depends on the wheel not the tire. I ran aftermarket wheels 17x7.5 with 215/50/17 tires without an issue on a stock height R.
  7. E

Replacement rear speakers recommendations

Pricing says "contact dealer" do I want to know how much these cost? Haha.
  8. E

Wireless CarPlay Adapters

Interesting I didn't set any boot delay and seems to work fine. Do you find it boots up faster with the boot delay? (ie starting car to interacting inside CarPlay) ?
  9. E

Wireless CarPlay Adapters

Glad the Ailinkbox-A7 is working well. Curious how it compares to the 4.0. I basically have 0 loyalty so whichever is fastest to boot and has the lowest lag ill switch to lol. I've been overall happy with the Carlinkit 4.0 but I do get the occasional freeze and its really annoying. Never...
  10. E

Headlight crazing

Wish I had put PPF on my headlights when the car was new. My problem is on my old car I did the headlight restoration and even with the Meguires "clear coat" it yellowed every year and needed to be re-done constantly, which got annoying.
  11. E

Superspeed Center cap size

Did you ever find a vw cap that fits the superspeed wheels?
  12. E

OEM Wireless charger

Does the wireless charger require being plugged into the MIB? Or can I just tap the power and be done with it? I don't really care about the notification, I'll be able to tell via CarPlay if its working. The antenna part sounds interesting but not sure its worth the hassle.
  13. E

Automatic Front and Rear Braking

In the manual it says if you continue pushing the accelerator it doesn't brake. I've found thats accurate. If you take your foot off the gas while it pops up then you're gonna be braking.
  14. E

MIB2 - Virtual Cockpit - ACC & Cruise Control and other retrofits - remote coding - ODIS online

Yep. If you have the discover media pro (if you have the 8" matte screen on 2017 Golf R's in Canada/USA you do), you can get the MIB2 reprogrammed 100%. If you don't have the 8" matte screen you'll have to check what model your MIB brains are and they'll let you know. They need to physically...
  15. E

DSG dropping into neutral

Is is the 6 speed or the 7 speed dsg?
  16. E

euro Golf R dynamic main beam xenon headlights

Part numbers? Also what kind of coding changes? They look really nice, I'm jealous.
  17. E

GTI TCR hatch spoiler lip

Did you end up getting the TCR one ?
  18. E

MIB2 - Virtual Cockpit - ACC & Cruise Control and other retrofits - remote coding - ODIS online

@simaservis1108 if I have a Canadian 2017 Golf R, does that mean I have MIB2 High? I'm basically looking to install the 9.2" glass display but don't want to change the unit. Also after changing is it possible to just change it back to the 8" screen if I sell the car or do I need to do more...
  19. E

Rear Louver?

Quality tint installed properly shouldn't bubble. Many places will give a lifetime or 10 year warranty on it too. My tint is 5+ years old and hasn't bubbled.
  20. E

VW vs Audi Brake Rotors

I have Zimmerman blank rotors on the front and they rust exactly as much as OEM do.