GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. L

MK7.5 OEM LED Tails

Unless you break open the headlight housing, desolder the LED, and solder in a new LED, its not possible.
  2. L

Disable 'engine is running' beep

I checked the link and BCM2 (address 46) as it mentions to recode does not exist on the MQB MK7 platform.
  3. L

Disable 'engine is running' beep

Tried helping out someone with this yesterday on his 2019 GTI SE (US) using VCDS and did my usual "no display" setting but no change. I did the same thing on my 19 GSW 4mo and it worked for me. Something I am thinking is that it might be related to the KESSY module with something hard coded...
  4. L

PDC Retrofit Question

Funny you mentioned Kufatec harnesses being short. That is certainly not the case with the footwell light harness I used as I had at least 2-3ft left over near the BCM with plenty of slack on each side and wiring was run with the factory wiring harness. I had to wrap it up and tesa tape it so it...
  5. L

PDC Retrofit Question

Gotcha! I was thinking I would be using the Kufatec kit over the AliExpress kit after hearing about how many issues you are all having with it. I know a local who did the retrofit on his now late Golf R a while back which I assist with but he did most of the work but he does have the correct...
  6. L

PDC Retrofit Question

I was thinking of retrofitting PLA/PDC on my 7.5 wagon/variant/estate but after seeing the troubles you have been having with just using the brackets, I may just stick with front/rear PDC and skip the PLA. Otherwise, glad to see you getting everything up and running!
  7. L

PDC Retrofit Question

On the RHD wiring, of course, just found that so weird to hear as I just expected everything to run through the firewall in the same spot as LHD cars going off of where the fusebox/BCM are located. I poked a hole in the grommet and used a wire hanger to push the wiring though the new hole. That...
  8. L

PDC Retrofit Question

I am honestly surprised that the RHD cars would run the cabin/engine bay wiring when the fuse box/BCM is on the left side of the car. I feel like that does not make too much sense. Then again, what do I know? I have run wiring through that grommet and I feel your pain. I'll be running a few...
  9. L

PDC Retrofit Question

This is awesome! Seems like you are getting there! Are you going to order the 18.2mm cutting tool to clean up the side holes or just leave it as is? Any desire to retrofit the rear camera along with the sensors? My previous 15 Golf had factory front/rear PDC but no camera. Once I retrofitted...
  10. L

MK7.5 OEM LED Tails

Here is everything from both channels: (1)-Leuchte27NSL RC6-Lasttyp 27 36 - LED Kleinleistung (2)-Leuchte27NSL RC6-Lampendefektbitposition 27 0 (3)-Leuchte27NSL RC6-Fehlerort mittleres Byte DTC-DFCC 27 47 (4)-Leuchte27NSL RC6-Lichtfunktion A 27 Standlicht allgemein (Schlusslicht...
  11. L

PDC Retrofit Question

I am certainly watching this. This is something on my to-do list sometime next year.
  12. L

Android Auto & Helix - any way to get finer volume adjustment?

As StealthGTI mentioned before (Hi Scott!), I did load file 98 with the rented programer and I believe went 2-3 notches to the back using the fader. Then, messed with the equalizer to get me better sound. It is less harsh but still volume control is a bit too large of a jump between clicks. I...
  13. L

Kufatec footwell lights coding

Yeah. Someone made an illegal from the shoulder u-turn with a Dodge Ram 2500 HD without looking or signaling and I think you know where this is going.... It's been rough. At least I got into a long roof now with a longer warranty (even though I seem to be already voiding the electrical warranty...
  14. L

Thanks for the reply. I have a FL 2019 GSW with the 6 speaker (which I only just found out about). After coding both with 60 and 98, I found no difference and I can barely turn it up past 30% without it being far too loud. Back when it was mixed with MIB1 2015 Golf, I can put it to half way and...
  15. L

Hey There! Any update on this? I have an early MIB1 version of the Helix (pre-B revision) which I just finally installed in my new GSW with the S non MIB2 radio. I found the same thing happens even with it coded to 98 (low output GSW). I have the coder for maybe another day so I wanted to see...
  16. L

PDC Retrofit Question

US so LHD. I honestly never saw the speaker in the rear but I knew it was on the right side.
  17. L

PDC Retrofit Question

Fraysa, Actually, I think the main rear wiring harness is supposed to be run along the right side of the vehicle. On my late Mk7 Golf with factory PDC, the connector from the bumper to body was actually on the right side along with the speaker. Maybe switch the sides on where this wiring is run?
  18. L

Kufatec footwell lights coding

Hello All, Just wanted to let everyone know that I have successfully retrofitted footwell lights on my 2019 NAR GSW 4mo using the Kufatec wiring. Here is what I did: Wired to C72 and ground. Performed this coding: Adaption Channel: From: To: IDE09732-ENG114629-Interior light: light...
  19. L

MK7.5 OEM LED Tails

Just triple check all of the adaptions changed. I am certain there is a blinken links light function in channel 24 somewhere.