GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. G

Mods for best handling? comfort not necessary

I have been given the luxury of a company car, and although it’s boring AF… I no longer need my Gti to be my daily driver. I would like to optimize the car for the best handling possible for auto cross, track days and terrorizing the back road twisties. I am not worried about comfort because the...
  2. G

Diverter valve possibly whistling?

So I think my diverter valve is making a whistling noise, only under boost. Not 100% sure is the DV, but it certainly seems to be the cause. It only makes the whistle under load above 3k rpm, roughly about the time the diverter valve vents excess boost. It literally sounds like a coach's...
  3. G

What spark plugs?

I am due for a new set of spark plugs and am curious as to which I should purchase. I've done a search but could not find something specific to what I need to know. Car is 6mt running jb4 on map 3 (newest version) and a rev9 down pipe that I welded a high flow cat too. I usually mix a little...
  4. G

Auxillary rally lights? Ideas?

So I live up in western NY and we have some dark roads with plenty of dear, crazy weather and some dirt backroads I love to tear up. Does anyone have rally style aux lights installed? I think I want to do something like this but I can’t find too much in the way of pictures to see how it would...
  5. G

Infotainment system/Bluetooth calling phone numbers by itself!

So when I start my car the infotainment system seems to have become autonomous! Once it connects to my phone, it starts calling one of the numbers in my favorite contacts menu. Even weirder sometimes instead it will enter the menu for editing the favorites list and add a number from my contacts...
  6. G

Can’t get strut back in 2x4 method, help!

Just like the title say’s... 2017 gti s 6 speed. Used the 2x4 method to pop out the strut and now it seems if I don’t have enough clearance to pop it he strut back in. This is with a VWR spring in the strut too, should be shorter. The axle hits the sub frame when there is still about an inch...