GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Boje

Upshifting DSG at low RPM

In my 2018 Golf R, I can't upshift in manual mode until 2000rpm. I'm pretty sure this was the case when I got it and the TCU was stock, although I've had EQT's tune on it almost since I got it. Is this normal? In D, it can upshift much lower, and won't downshift in calm driving even if the RPMs...
  2. Boje

EQT 'Stage 0' good for inspection/readiness?

With my old GTI I would flash back from EQT Stage 2 to Cobb's simulated stock tune to get the car ready for inspection (NYC), and never had any issues (spacer working well on the DP). For whatever reason, now that I have a Golf R, the Cobb tunes on my Accessport are greyed out, so I flashed to...
  3. Boje

R32 Scirocco for sale in the US

I don't think anyone's posted this in here yet? Just in case anyone's feeling flush... Listing: https://carsandbids.com/auctions/3BeLZn26/2008-volkswagen-r32-scirocco-conversion?utm_source=doug&utm_medium=youtube&utm_campaign=scirocco Video:
  4. Boje

ACC not working after ECU replacement. Help?

I wonder if anyone might be able to help me here... Apologies for the long post. I have an NAR 2018 Golf R. Earlier this year, the ECU got fried via contact with the battery, and I had to replace it. I bought a used ECU from an S3 which had the same part number, and was put in contact with a...
  5. Boje

SOLD - 2018 Golf R DSG stock struts & springs

From an 2018 R DSG with DCC. Nothing wrong with them, I just replaced them because I already had a set of Bilstein B6 Damptronics off the GTI that the R replaced. They had 24k miles on them when I took them off. Looking for $300. Local pickup in NYC preferred but will ship if buyer pays shipping.
  6. Boje

Need NYC area shop rec (for intercooler install)

Anyone know a shop that does good work in the NYC area, aside from Tyrolsport? Willing to drive an hour so if needs be... it's for a stock location intercooler install.
  7. Boje

Pad & rotor combo question

Can anyone confirm for me that I ordered the wrong brake parts for my R? Guessing this is an obvious yes but thought I'd check. I recently had pads & rotors replaced on my R, using what I thought were the same parts I went through two sets of on my previous car, a Mk7 GTI with PP brakes, except...
  8. Boje

FS: ECU from a 2015 GTI

Thought I'd put this up here in case anyone ever needs one... ECU from my previous car, a 2015 GTI with engine code CXCB (manual but I believe ECUs are interchangeable between 6MT and DSG cars with correct coding). Part number AG06K907425B. $130 local pickup, or happy to ship if buyer pays...
  9. Boje

SOLD: VW Driver Gear Springs

Selling a set of DG springs (PN 5G4-071-677-E) in great condition with 28k miles on them. $160. Local pickup in NYC massively preferred but can ship if buyer's happy to pay costs.
  10. Boje

Help finding new ECU - 2018 Golf R

Hi folks, so I found this thread about someone who made contact between the positive terminal of their battery with the ECU case with a wrench and fried the ECU. The exact same thing just happened to me when replacing the battery. The only difference in symptoms with my car is that the I don't...
  11. Boje

Looking for VCP / TJA enable in Northeast (NYC)

Does anyone in the Northeast have VCP and experience enabling Traffic Jam Assist and a willingness to help me do it to my car? Ideally in the NYC area. Looking to do this on a 2018 Golf R 🍻
  12. Boje

FS - aspherical mirrors, un-tinted, non-DAP

Brand new, never used. I think these are not OEM? But honestly I'm not entirely sure. Heated and un-tinted, and without the DAP light. $60 local pickup in Brooklyn, NY, or buyer pays shipping and Paypal fee.
  13. Boje

SOLD - blue-tint non-DAP aspherical mirrors

Heated and tinted. Brand new, never used, will be in the packaging they came in. I had these as a spare set for my old GTI but the new car has DAP, otherwise I'd be using these. Loved them – the identical set I had on the car were brilliant. $60 local pickup in Brooklyn, NY, or buyer pays...
  14. Boje

FS - all 5 leather NAR GTI headrests

All 5 headrests from a NAR 2015 GTI Autobahn. Leather with red stitching. I'll clean them before selling, but they're in good condition. One of the rears has a little dent from being stored under one of the others, I think it'll probably come out after a few days (see second pic). $100 picked up...
  15. Boje

FS - various OEM side mirror parts

Edit: if it's still listed here, it's still available. Various OEM mirror parts for sale. Prices are for local pickup in Brooklyn, NY. I'm happy to ship if buyer pays shipping costs and Paypal fee. Genuine VW white mirror caps. Came on OEM power folding mirrors I ordered, were taken straight...
  16. Boje

SOLD - Stock GTI downpipe (Brooklyn, NY)

I have a used (~50k miles) stock downpipe off a 2015 GTI. I've been offered $575 from a local place for just the two cats, but if someone local needs one of these and is willing to pay anywhere close to that, I'd be happy to pass it on to a forum member. Not willing to ship this. Located in...
  17. Boje

New to DSG. Halp!

As of a few weeks ago I'm in a new-to-me 2018 Golf R with the 7-speed DSG. Came from a 6MT GTI, and only made the switch to DSG due to some damage to my left hand that currently means I can't safely grip the wheel with that hand while changing gear in a 6MT. I'm one of those annoying die hard...
  18. Boje

[SOLD]: As-new OEM Euro rear GTI headrests

Black leather with red stitching. I've moved into an R, so they're for sale. Were on my car for a couple of weeks, and are in as-new condition (no-one even sat in the back since I installed them). $280 shipped in the US.
  19. Boje

GTI part-out feeler thread

My 2015 6MT PP/LP GTI Autobahn sustained some damage to the front end recently and insurance have declared it totaled. A sad day. She was treated like a queen, and still drives, but I got good money from insurance so I have replaced it with a 2018 R rather than spend the cash to get it fixed...
  20. Boje

ROC-Euro stabilizer arm - what was the verdict...?

I have a Roc-Euro pendulum arm coming this week to pair with a Powerflex Hybrid insert to replace the stock arm and 034 metal inserts which are starting to feel loose. I know that one (maybe two?) people had disastrous experiences with this arm back in 2018, but lots of people commented on the...