GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Boje

Upshifting DSG at low RPM

In my 2018 Golf R, I can't upshift in manual mode until 2000rpm. I'm pretty sure this was the case when I got it and the TCU was stock, although I've had EQT's tune on it almost since I got it. Is this normal? In D, it can upshift much lower, and won't downshift in calm driving even if the RPMs...
  2. Boje

Insurance Rates Shooting Up

Will you marry me Yeah I'm just worried about what happens when you make a claim and they realize you live in NY...? But clearly enough people do this that it works. Didn't know about the replica plates or the need for them though
  3. Boje

Insurance Rates Shooting Up

Not entirely relevant because it's not about price hikes, but to make everyone feel better... I pay Geico ~$485 a month, living in Brooklyn. I had a 'no fault' accident in my previous car, a GTI also insured by Geico, in 2021 for which they paid out a LOT of money (car was totaled, I had big...
  4. Boje

EQT 'Stage 0' good for inspection/readiness?

Update for anyone who has a mysterious EQT Stage 0 tune on their Accessport – you can achieve readiness with it 👍🏻 Thanks for everyone's advice!
  5. Boje

Thanks! Downloading that would definitely be preferable to unmarrying and re-installing the AP, I didn't think of that. I'll give that a go first.
  6. Boje

Ohh haha sorry I see what you mean; the Cobb tune. That's a good point, cheers.
  7. Boje

Yeah my issue is that for some reason the Cobb OTS tunes are greyed out right now and there's a mysterious 'Stage 0' EQT tune on there that I used instead and I don't know if it affects readiness monitors or not (and, er, neither does EQT)
  8. Boje

It think it does? And the car sounds different (a bit less aggressive) too. But I haven't pushed it since swapping tune since I have colder plugs and whatnot. Looks like I'm in for a ~$50 fine for doing the inspection within 60 days of the expiration date, but knowing NYC, every traffic cop who...
  9. Boje

No it's a few of them not showing readiness. I've never had any issues before but I've always used the Cobb simulated stock tune for this, and I don't know if I've driven enough this time around to know if the tune I'm on will allow readiness. According to Cobb I need to re-instate the factory...
  10. Boje

Cheers. I did finally get through to EQT and Ed wasn't available and the folks who were said they "didn't know" what the Stage 0 tune was for 😅
  11. Boje

Yeah I could do that, I'm trying to avoid changing tunes again because if this is what EQT's Stage 0 tune is for, then I should have done most of the required driving by now, and if I change tune I'll have less than 24 hours to go through the whole process again... but yeah I could just do that
  12. Boje

I can pick up the phone and call them repeatedly and get voicemail every time, which I've done
  13. Boje

With my old GTI I would flash back from EQT Stage 2 to Cobb's simulated stock tune to get the car ready for inspection (NYC), and never had any issues (spacer working well on the DP). For whatever reason, now that I have a Golf R, the Cobb tunes on my Accessport are greyed out, so I flashed to...
  14. Boje

Clutch Recommendation

Welcome. I'll be the first to day "low rpm boost in 6th" is not a place you should be – regardless of clutch, giving it the beans at low RPMs in high gears can lead to low speed pre ignition and... dead engine. And is also a good way to wear out any clutch. I had the RSR Hybrid clutch in my...
  15. Boje

Arm Downpipe

I've had an ARM downpipe on my R for two and a bit years and about 25k miles, no complaints so far.
  16. Boje

R32 Scirocco for sale in the US

I don't think anyone's posted this in here yet? Just in case anyone's feeling flush... Listing: https://carsandbids.com/auctions/3BeLZn26/2008-volkswagen-r32-scirocco-conversion?utm_source=doug&utm_medium=youtube&utm_campaign=scirocco Video:
  17. Boje

SOLD - 2018 Golf R DSG stock struts & springs

So sorry, got laid out with Covid – sale is pending, I'll message people in the order you reached out to me if it doesn't got though.