GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. C

Audio from iOS sounds worse through Carplay than Bluetooth with Helix

Hi all, I have the latest iOS, and a 2017 GTI. I also have a Helix subwoofer, properly programmed. EQ settings set to default across the board. When I listen to music now, especially apple lossless, it sounds dead, not vibrant, etc using Carplay. Music played through bluetooth is far FAR...
  2. C

brake squeak but not when braking

Hi all, Recent issue: After a stop, there is a brake squeak when driving. I tap the brakes, the squeaking stops. There is no brake pad noise when actually braking. A shop confirmed I have plenty of pad left. It's like the brakes aren't pulling back all the way or something? Seems to be...
  3. C

Speeding article

https://gearpatrol.com/2019/08/11/these-5-cars-receive-the-most-speeding-tickets/
  4. C

Clown car horn

Anyone else lose the deep tone on the horn? Does the whole thing need to be replaced? 49k miles so out of warranty
  5. C

Balancing at Discount Tire

Hey guys, After detecting some vibration at highway speeds with my new Michelin AS3+, I called discount tire to see if they road force balanced the tires. “No only if asked” Stripping off all the weights today and the previous weight’s residue, and rebalancing using road force. Always...
  6. C

Meguiars gold class vs zymol wash / no dry

I’ve used zymol wash and ran out so I bought some gold class. Do not use this if you air dry your car. Zymol car wash (dept store zymol) rinses off without any residue. Meguiars relies on you drying the car to remove residue. I think this may apply to any wash that is wash + (wax...
  7. C

Purchaed Michelin A/3+ tires and love them but...

Discount tire damaged 3 wheels. Circumferential scratches that cannot be blamed on normal wear and tear. I was going to try to buff at it and not be a jerk about this but they were essentially perfect and I washed them prior to bringing the car over. Wonder how they’ll deal with the...
  8. C

Mismatched tires or DWS06 or A/S3+

Trashed a tire a few months ago and ended up getting two new replacements of the oem pirelli at discount tire. Now the other two are nearing 36k and need to be replaced. I don’t like these tires much at all, and hate the idea of buying another couple of them and locking in tires I don’t...
  9. C

Engine cleaning - oil sprayed inside engine bay

Through some crazy fluke I ended up driving a day without an oil filler cap. There is now oil sprayed/misted over a variety of stuff in the engine bay. Should I just let it burn off stuff and leave it be or should I attempt to soak the engine and hose it off?
  10. C

Oil filler cap made a getaway

This is going to sound so dumb and easy to blame on user error but here goes. 5000 miles ago or so I changed the oil. Secured the cap as anyone would do. Today I noticed the smell of burning oil. Pulled over and popped the hood. No oil filler cap. Oil everywhere. I am the only person with...
  11. C

How could this have happened? Tire off rim

A friend has an S3, check out the tire half off the rim! Her son was driving the car, how could you do this even if you wanted to?
  12. C

Deleted swirl valve and like it

For those manual guys, I had jay745 install the ECS stainless line between the firewall and master cylinder, and took out the swirl valve at the same time. For those thinking of doing this, it doesn’t at all make the car harder to drive, pedal feel is the same, there are no downsides that I...
  13. C

What happens at 5,000 rpm?

I’ve noticed that right around 5,000 rpm the engine takes on a noticeably different sound. Anyone else notice it? Almost reminds me of when I had a prelude at the point where vtec hit. Assuming I’m not imagining it, what’s happening at that rpm point?
  14. C

I suck at driving this car

I cannot stop nicking up these Austin wheels. Right rear always. When I replace these tires I would like maybe oh 3mm of tire bulge. There is zero margin for the tiniest of errors. Petulance done.
  15. C

USP stainless clutch line cannot be secured

Hey guys, Attempted to install the USP stainless line today, rather my experts did and these guys know their stuff. The line going into the ECS bleeder block was fine. The other end at the firewall however would not stay inserted into the master cylinder. Removing the swirl valve and plugging...
  16. C

Carbon fiber Look is over

Anything that isn’t carbon fiber for a reason is now dead and done. Checkerboard carbon fiber is as cool huge shoulder pads and rolled up sleeves.
  17. C

DAP oil funnel and ECS dipstick

Yeah yeah I bought a different dipstick. I could never really tell where the oil level was with the old dipstick. The ECS dipstick is much better in terms of being able to tell where the oil is. I had mine slightly overfilled so I took some out. DAP oil funnel: damn this thing is built well...
  18. C

Oil funnel question

I swear I searched the hell out of this, sorry if it’s already been beaten to death. Looking for a nice no hands needed oil funnel that clicks into place. I’m sure ECS has some funnel made of anodized alu that costs $99 but I don’t want to spend a ton on something I should be able to get for...
  19. C

Windshield replacement

Getting my windshield replaced tomorrow at safelite, oem part. Anything I need to look out or make sure is or isn’t done? No rain sensing wipers involved. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro