GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. V

Hearing turbo flutter

So recently I've noticed i can hear the turbo flutter pretty distinctly. I havent really noticed it before, had the car for 3 years now and have stock intake. The sound comes when I half throttle and lift off quickly before boost could fully build (usually at very low speeds). No woosh or tsss...
  2. V

DP + JB4 or S2 Flash

Already got a jb4. DP comin in. Which set up would yield more power/faster? If i were to go flash it would most likely be unitronic (second choice APR).
  3. V

Becker Performance DP opinions?

seen this DP floatin around on ebay for a great price, sound clips sound good. Here is a video of the sound : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYHn35xQZkA Here is a link to the downpipe itself on ebay ...
  4. V

Cars these days...

So many fast cars nowadays. With the KIA stinger and that buick sedan comin, its makin stage 2 a necessity unless you wanna get slapped by a KIA lol
  5. V

Little more engine noise than usual

Hey i noticed a little bit more engine noise ever since the temps started dropping close to/below freezing. This only happens when i am giving it maybe 35%+ throttle at around 1.5-3krpm. Noise sounds a little bit like a rattle coming from the engine bay. At cruising speeds its not there, and...
  6. V

MK7 GTI reliability?

This thread is just to find out any major defects that i should be wary about. Basically I am trying to decide if I want to throw my warranty away with a tune. I just want to know if there are any known defects that I will possibly need my warranty for later on. Im at about 15000kms. 2017 GTI...
  7. V

Gran Turismo Sport - Review

For those of you looking to pick up this new release here are some important points you may want to know before purchasing the game. The game is for a very, VERY different audience than that of forza. Gameplay - the game itself, during racing handles very well, each car feels extremely...
  8. V

Am I Rice If ...?

Figured id try a thread where we ask the community if the mod we are planning is rice or not. Could help save many mk7 lives and could be fun discussing whats rice. Ill start with a genuine one. Am i rice if i get exhaust tips? I dont have enough to get the the rest of the exhaust or axle back...
  9. V

GTI JB4 Review

So i recently installed the jb4 on my mk7 GTI. There werent many reviews or posts out there reviewing the product when i was shopping around so ill add some to those of you who are thinking about it. My car is completely stock. Install - Quite easy, if you know what you are doing. Took me...
  10. V

Stock Potenza All Seasons for Winter?

Just curious to how these perform in snow. The ones I have are the Bridgestone Potenza RE97AS. I live in Toronto where there is usually a 1ft snowfall 3-5 times a season. They dont have to perform extremely well, I just dont want to be stuck at any time.
  11. V

New Civic Si falls short to GTI

Not really a big fan of TFLcar but in this video the new Si is 1 second slower than the GTI 6mt to 60mph and 2 seconds slower around a 1min track. They tested the non-PP version too. link to video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLq0WeOelSo
  12. V

Thoughts on Ebay Oettinger style spoiler?

New to the VW community here, I want the back of my GTI to look a little more aggressive, and like the look of the Oettinger spoiler. Has anyone tried these ebay spoilers? I know fitment would be the main concern when buying these china parts, and honestly as long as its not complete utter...