GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. trashb0y

replacing golf r headlight internals (ballasts, bulbs, etc).. anyone done it?

I've heard the coding is different for ROW models, cannot confirm though. I would check the ROW headlight assembly and check the part numbers for all the modules on the underside of the car. You may not have to even buy the extra ballasts/AFS modules depending on what they are. If they don't...
  2. trashb0y

sold

shipping is not an option, and they were installed on my mk7 gti.
  3. trashb0y

FS: Four (4) 17” APEX SM10 Anthracite wheels/tires - SoCal

i never ran a camber kit on my car. i didn't have any issues with rubbing, and it seems like alot of people were running this exact same wheel/tire combo in the APEX wheels thread. maybe you could check there to see if anyone else rubbed? for me, i did not though.
  4. trashb0y

Sorry, should have mentioned that. Looking for 1500. Wheels and tires have less than 5k miles on them.
  5. trashb0y

sold

SOLD
  6. trashb0y

FS: APR Carbon Fiber Closed Air Intake + SAI Filter

No cracked tabs, had the intake for about 10k miles. Replaced the filter when I got it. Located in SoCal (Rancho Cucamonga). $200.
  7. trashb0y

Anthracite APEX SM-10. Front and rear are 17x9.0" ET42. Fitted with Michelin PS AS4s (255/40/17). Only about 4k miles on the tires and wheels. No curb rash on any of the wheels. Located in SoCal (Rancho Cucamonga)
  8. trashb0y

Removing red accents in bumper/headlights (lighting retrofit questions)

Housings: https://www.shopdap.com/mk7-golf-r-oem-euro-led-headlight-5g1-998-753-b-1.html Some parts will be able to be swapped over, but you will have to order new AFS modules and an extra pair of DRL modules. The part numbers should be 4G0907697F (DRL modules) and 3D0941329D (AFS modules). I...
  9. trashb0y

Selling a modded car to carvana/vroom/etc

just as an update, i went through the appraisal process with vroom and just set the options to put the car at stock, the new quote is 23k. so almost 4k difference, plus the ability to part out the car... sounds pretty good..
  10. trashb0y

thanks for the input guys. if anything, i'll probably just take the intake/coilovers/wheels off, since i think they will sell for a decent amount. does 19k sound fair for the car? i believe it was around 30k when i purchased it from the dealer.
  11. trashb0y

Does anyone have experience selling a modded car to vroom/carvana/whatever online car buy/sellers? I have a 2017 GTI Sport with 41k miles on it, have been thinking about selling it for getting something like a forester/outback. The mods arent anything crazy, but it would take a while to return...
  12. trashb0y

Error 17178 Adaptive lighting issue

I remember when I swapped my NA LP headlights for Euros I had to recode. From what I read on other threads, you don't actually have to change the value of long coding, but just hitting apply and saving it again will do the trick. Maybe it applies here.
  13. trashb0y

► Official APEX VW SM-10 Flow Formed Wheel Thread

i'm running michellin AS4s. got a set for about 710$ installed from american tire depot
  14. trashb0y

haha the driver side window was recently shattered. havent gotten around to retinting it
  15. trashb0y

ive had the wheels on my car for a couple days now, and although they are well machined, i feel i made the wrong choice. not to the fault of apex, i think the anthracite colorway doesnt suit my car well. just wish they were lighter, more of a gunmetal. again, not the fault of apex, i should have...
  16. trashb0y

for those that already mounted their wheels, did you just reuse the lugnuts that came with your oem wheels?