GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. tripleS

dedicated track pads

I was a big fan of the Pagid Yellows RSL29 when I was running them, they'd at least 8 events, maybe even 10 . FCP Euro carries Pagid too. They how that specific compound for the Porsche now so that's a win there, so might be worth seeing if they will stock them for the MQB as well to use as...
  2. tripleS

DIY MIB1 to MIB2 Infotainment Conversion (Part 1)

This is exactly it, thanks... going to do some research to find the right Golf 4door dataset. If I plug in my MIB1 and scan/save, do you know if would that be a starting point?
  3. tripleS

For what it's worth I was able to get my basic MIB1 --> MIB2 conversion finally fully completed after Component Protection caused a headache for a while. If it helps anyone the process I used; 3Q0035878B Delphi MIB2 mst2 non-nav from an junked Atlas donor $123 from car-part dot com 5NG919606 8"...
  4. tripleS

I have a 3Q0035878B MIB2 (non-pro); MST2_US_VW_P0883D which the congo+duke SD patch does not deactivate Component Protection. Wish there was a way to downgrade the firmware to a version which it does work on to save myself the hassle... Does anyone have a good or recent contact for remote...
  5. tripleS

200tw tires for Track use

I've been running the Continental ECFs on my other car and I'm a fan. They remind me generally of when I had Hankook RS4s, on the GTI but certainly not an apples to apples comparison. Very consistent but with 10 days they are certainly heat cycled out and don't quite have the same peak grip. I...
  6. tripleS

VAS 5054A and D-Link DUB-E100 and radio removal tools for rent $20, plus shipping

Bumping if this is available @brownnugen DM incoming
  7. tripleS

Who's an available contact for ODIS-based Component Protection removal? My Delphi 3Q0035878B is stuck on... train MST2_US_VW_P0883D. Have the Ethernet adapter and it's available via USB.
  8. tripleS

WTB: MIB2 8" Matte Display (with buttons) 5G0919606

Works great! Unsure if it's exactly "brand new" but I am really happy with this one. In the box front screen front and rear: Vents and silver trim swapped on to this new GTI 8" screen trim (left) vs old (right): mib1 vs this mib2 screen: After everything plugged in tested then put back...
  9. tripleS

WTB: MIB2 8" Matte Display (with buttons) 5G0919606

I just received this one with selected new trim color (GTI carbonesqe) for $190 shipped, from seller 'agkaiaoautopate' and screen part# (5NG919606)... Everything appears OEM VW China and will update after I install it to confirm it all works https://www.ebay.com/itm/394759330764
  10. tripleS

Non performacne pack rear brakes on track

If I remember correctly even the MK7 TCR cars were using the non-PP rear brakes. Could be wrong, but yeah they shouldn't be very stressed. If you have ESC off (highly recommended) or aren't leaning on it heavily, I can't imagine the rear needs to be updated apart from pads at most. Save the...
  11. tripleS

Plugged RS4 , 265 RS4, or RE71R for track day

I'd consider putting the repaired tire in the rear if you're going to run with it. Less abuse and load on the rear tires on these cars I figure. Definitely both patch and plug for the best repair. FWIW I tracked several days with a plugged 300tw sumitimo in the rear, then at least several days...
  12. tripleS

Opinion on Michelin PS4S VS Michelin PS Cup2's

Maybe the new Bridgestone Potenza Sport? I believe it's their new PS4S competitor and I'm eyeing it for my mk7. To be honest though most any of those 300tw category tires should hold up OK to 1-2HPDE days a year unless you're totally sliding around a lot.
  13. tripleS

Oil temps on track days

This became my experience after I moved out west with the hot/dry ambient temps here. I believe the dash coolant gauge is a "dummy gauge" that will always display "200deg at 12 o clock" until coolant tempt is truly very hot above a threshold, and then will read a "true" temp later on... I think...
  14. tripleS

Neuspeed wheel durability

As long as your tires are meaty enough I don't think there's anythhing to be concernened about. I had over 30+ trackdays on my 18x8.5 with a couple different sets of 245/40 tires, and at least 4+ HARD hits on curbs and potholes, one hard enough to knock the radiator off the back of the FMIC...
  15. tripleS

GTI Shake down at Sebring

That looks like you had a fun time and seemed really smooth, clearly it's your home track?! Did you do any laps with ESC in Sport? (I couldn't tell if it was deactivated or not in that video, looked like you had it in Normal?) And 100% same feeling as you on the heat problems, very irritating...
  16. tripleS

Break up under hard left turns, fuel starvation?

It sounds *exactly* like what was happening to me too and I feel lends some validity to the shop suggestion! - now that I think back, the car would stumble/hesitate and not build any boost glancing down at the boost gauge when it occurred. I'd open the wheel and let off the gas, give it more...
  17. tripleS

Break up under hard left turns, fuel starvation?

I've also had the exact same thing happen coming out of tight 2nd gear right/left turns after heavy braking. Where I goto give it gas and the car doesn't want to accelerate at all, totally stock engine with a "normal" BFI can here . Also TC/ESC totally off via obdeleven, with 200tw tires...
  18. tripleS

neuspeed wheels vs winter/pot holes

Never visibly bent or damaged my 18x8.5 Neuspeeds in over 50k+ miles and counting some hard pothole hits and 35 trackdays generously using curbs, always running moderately meatier 245/40 tires though. The paint on the other hand... has taken a beating.
  19. tripleS

Eibach Pro-Kit with Bilstein B6 or B8 ??

^ Bingo nailed it! B6 would have more shock extension (droop) available. Less droop with B8s on extension, For all intents and purposes this only places the shock closer to the "middle" of it's available travel at ride height when using the same lowering springs on the B8, versus B6. In...
  20. tripleS

310x22 Rear Brake Part Numbers

Rockauto , new or reman'd calipers for any of those year Mk6 or Mk7 ?