GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. PRRGG1

Cabin Air Fan Inoperative (2017 Golf 5M)

My wife just phoned me to say that the cabin air fan is suddenly inoperative on her 2017 Golf Wolfsburg 5M (USA), so there's no A/C. All has been well beforehand. Is there a likely culprit for this? I don't own VCDS. I don't want to get snookered on a repair, i.e., if it's a failed cabin air...
  2. PRRGG1

2017 Golf R at Lugoff (SC) Toyota

In case anyone is interested, there's a 2017 Golf R located at Lugoff (SC) Toyota near Columbia. $29,744, 63,481 Miles, 6-Speed Manual. Pre-Owned 2017 Volkswagen Golf R Base 4D Hatchback AWD
  3. PRRGG1

Cars & Coffee -Columbia, SC 06/11/2022

Had a strong turnout at the Cars & Coffee in Columbia, SC this morning. Caught these VWs, plus a GTI I forgot to take a picture of, plus mine which I didn't take a picture of. :cool:
  4. PRRGG1

Retirement Cake VW Style

My wife celebrated her retirement today. She loves her '17 Golf Wolfsburg 5M and being an avowed VW fan, her workmates knew just what to put on her cake. :D
  5. PRRGG1

Interesting VW Golf/Rabbit Book

Happened to stumble upon Thirty Years of the Volkswagen Golf & Rabbit by Kevin Clements (c. 2006) at our county library. It covers only through the MK-5, but I've always been interested in the history of the earlier Gen models and it covers them all in great detail. Should be a fun read. (y)
  6. PRRGG1

Custom Car Posters - GTI Generations

My nephew found this super nice GTI Generations poster for me as a Christmas present and I think it's the coolest thing. He was even able to order it in Cornflower Blue. :) My photo below hardly does its quality justice. (Please forgive the glare on the glass too.) I looked up the maker on the...
  7. PRRGG1

MIB3 (2021 GTI) Media Play Question

If I'm listening to MP3s using the MIB3's media input (USB-C) and shut the engine off, when I restart it, the MIB ignores where I was in the playlist and starts again on the first song. It does this almost every time and it's irritating. If I pause the music before shutting the engine off, it...
  8. PRRGG1

New Kia Logo vs Nine Inch Nails

Kia's puzzling new logo has a vague similarity to the logo used by the '90s band Nine Inch Nails. In any case, I'm not a fan of Kia's attempt at rebranding.
  9. PRRGG1

Instrument Cluster Service Reminder Display Of Oil Change Nearing 5,000 Miles

I've had my '21 GTI SE (USA) for eight months and it has only 4,800 Miles on the odometer. An instrument cluster service reminder now appears that in 24 days an oil change would be needed. Has anyone else experienced this oddity? I read the USA Warranty and Maintenance for Gasoline Engine...
  10. PRRGG1

2021 MIB3 Mystery Software Update

I ran a quick errand in my (U.S.A.) 2021 GTI SE this morning and my MIB3 displayed "Software Update Available". I pressed [OK] and the display changed to show an animated circle with 'Loading..." adjacent to it. Later, the screen displayed "Update" with a mostly gray screen After perhaps 15...
  11. PRRGG1

DELETE POST - MIB3 USB Music Folders Not Recognized

Forget this post -- I was having trouble finding my music folders with MIB3 in my '21 GTI SE, but I finally figured it out.
  12. PRRGG1

Wheel Bearing Cap Corrosion on 2021 GTI SE

I went to install VW rear mud flaps on my very new '21 GTI SE this afternoon and had a difficult time getting the wheels off. They're Black Pretorias, standard on SE's this year and both were seized in place. After dripping a small amount of penetrating oil between the wheel and the hub (being...
  13. PRRGG1

Clutch Wear On 2017 Golf 1.8L 5-Speed?

My wife's 2017 Golf Wolfsburg 1.8L 5M (USA) is exhibiting what feels like significant clutch wear at only 45,000 Miles. Could it be something else? It seems like a gradual thing that's become worse. There's a grabby/slippery feeling when moving from 1st to 2nd, often with a light bump unless...
  14. PRRGG1

Having Car Driven In From One Dealer To Another

As I shop for my 2021 GTI, the models that I'd prefer are at Dealers between 100 and 175 Miles distant. The local Dealer I've been working with has been excellent and they're checking into a swap with the distant Dealers. They've been so helpful and I'd rather work with them than phoning the...
  15. PRRGG1

VWs In The Valley 9 - September 17th and 18th, 2021 at Maggie Valley, NC

Just a heads up that VWs In The Valley 9 will he held September 17th and 18th, 2021 at Maggie Valley, NC as sponsored by the VW Air Cooled Association. Spectators weekend pass is $10. My wife and I go most every year and there's much to be seen from all VW eras, old and new. It's not the...
  16. PRRGG1

Volkswagen Credit Question

Does anyone know if Volkswagen Credit assesses a prepayment penalty for paying a loan off early?
  17. PRRGG1

Performance Monitor HMI "Missing" from New 2021 GTI

I was looking at the Monroney sticker in the window of a new 2021 GTI SE delivered last week to my local Dealer. In the "Packages & Options" box it reads: Performance Monitor (Sport HMI) not currently enabled - see dealer for details [ No Charge ] Nice of them to not charge...
  18. PRRGG1

VWs In The Valley 2020 - Maggie Valley, NC - MK5 Fahrenheit Edition

My wife and I went to VWs In The Valley 2020 at Maggie Valley, NC today and had a fine time. The show was very well attended and it attracted all kinds of VWs and eras, plus parts sellers. One of my favorite GTIs is the 2007 MK5 Fahrenheit Edition and I caught one there. I'm an old skool guy...
  19. PRRGG1

Composition Media vs Discover Media System Differences in 2020 GTI?

Looking through the 2020 Golf brochure (as downloaded), I'm confused. The GTI SE and Autobahn show that the Composition Media touchscreen sound system with 8" color display is standard at no additional cost. But, it also shows for Autobahn only that a Discover Media touchscreen navigation...
  20. PRRGG1

TV Show Everyday Driver - The Middles

We watched Everyday Driver on MotorTrendTV (formerly the Velocity Channel) on TV, specifically their episode titled The Middles. The GTI, Honda SI and the Hyundai Veloster N were set against one another, as being similarly priced and similar in mission. The GTI came in 3rd. They liked the...