GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Z

Stock exhaust... loud?!?

If the flaps are coded open its louder than any avg car and enough to be rice. Lets no kid here it also Drones at highway speeds with the flaps open. I leave my normal... but then again I'm getting old and want you off my lawn too. that noise is for immature kids, like it or not.
  2. Z

MK8 R Rear End Leak

i love the "clean" Electric. I wonder where this electric fuel comes from? oh that's right.... they only TRUE next gen is hydrogen fuel cells... which seemed to have gone dormant..
  3. Z

MK8 R Rear End Leak

SOOOOO Glad I grabbed a 19 Mk7.5
  4. Z

FS: (Central NY Area) 4 x 2019 Black Prets on Contisports

No just vacation :P Im here
  5. Z

Any other bad Differentials out there?

Mine is a 2019 20k. Wish I drove that little!
  6. Z

Going insane.Need Help. 2019 R Left turns from stop "tire gripping" / grinding sound with vibration

First do this. have a friend/family member drive. you ride in the back seat on the passenger side. At 90 degree turns, from a stop give constant but mild throttle and "hold" the turn ( open lot or slight uphill turns work best) This is how I was able to replicate my issue 100%. If it a bad...
  7. Z

Contisportcontact 5. the OEM summers
  8. Z

im positive that mine came from the factory defective. This makes me think they were using subpar parts. I would push it with VWOA to replace.
  9. Z

willing to meet in 2 hour radius around Syracuse Set of 4 Black Pretoria's used for about 8k miles in great condition comes with the OEM Contisportcontact 5 tires. 1 wheel has a rock strike but not noticeable unless looking close. Nothing bent , they ride smooth as silk. looking to simply...
  10. Z

I was going completely insane trying to figure this out., (BTW I had taken this to the dealer and they said normal no issues, of course) since day one, ive noticed that SOME, not all times I take a left turn from a stop position to a street, there is a really odd, grinding/tire gripping type...
  11. Z

Going insane.Need Help. 2019 R Left turns from stop "tire gripping" / grinding sound with vibration

* Final update* FIXED!! Dear god... for a year now i've tried to convince myself that that maybe my GTIs were just that good and this was as good as the R was... in the back of my head i knew something was off, but the dealers rebuked it each time I brought it in until the last when i was...
  12. Z

Changing back to the Golf R's from the Type R

Syracuse says hello...
  13. Z

18x8.5 et40

What's a tyre? /s
  14. Z

Dead differential

so my Diff is bad also. Grinding on stop and go turns. Warranty work. Wonder if mine had the same issue. Did it from day 1. at 20k I couldn't take it anymore and made a tech ride with me. Gets replaced tomorrow. link to my Thread...
  15. Z

Quick Question - Rear Differential / Haldex

Im having my Rear Differential replaced under warranty for an annoying grinding and vibration since day 1. Is the Rear Differential and the Haldex the same thing? I looked but Im still unsure. thanks in advance
  16. Z

Ive had GTIs for 15 years... this was my first R and I can tell you that I have been underwhelmed with this car from day 1. Something just felt "off" the drive, sound and feel was vastly different than my 2016 GTI that i traded in for. I chalked it up to the "quirks" of haldex all wheel, but...
  17. Z

Dealers WANT warranty work. Its guaranteed money from VW. It would be VWOA that would be any assumed roadblock.
  18. Z

**UPDATE** After going nearly insane, I took this to my local dealer and MADE the lead tech ride in the back seat while I drove around in the area. I was able to replicate it for him. 2 hours later they diagnosed a bad rear Diff. and VW will be replacing it under warranty. It was quick... and...
  19. Z

FS/Trade: (Central NY Area) 4 x 2019 Black Prets on Contisports - Prefer 18"

Looking to Sell or trade the 19" setup for 18s. Simply do not care for the 19s Lets talk