GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Chogokin

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

I don't think I'll ever have the patience or desire to do this...but I give you mad props for the effort and creativity. (y) What did you use to hold the lids together?
  2. Chogokin

Turbo-backs and CELs

Mine threw the same code after about a year. Just popped up one day. Installed an o2 spacer and the code never came back.
  3. Chogokin

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

I also got some and its close enough. You need to use it soon though...or else if it sits for too long...it'll dry...even without the hardner.
  4. Chogokin

Tuning Companies Fined

Lol...its always the truck guys. Diamond Eye sold pipes marketed by distributors as “cat delete.”
  5. Chogokin

Rear Diffuser

Man...that don't look half bad. I might get one. Low risk, low cost part.
  6. Chogokin

SUING to SHUT DOWN Laguna Seca Raceway for noise & environmental reasons

I hope not. Sea Otter Classic is held there...and I go every year.
  7. Chogokin

Issue with removing spark plug - something concerning possibly found

I had something similar happen to a 2.5. I could not figure out why the socket wasn't fitting over the sparkplug. So I ended up getting a pair of long needle nose pliers to see if i can turn or move the plug. It turned out that the metal core of the coilpack got stuck on the insulator part of...
  8. Chogokin

2025 Gti

Lol...I think my Mk7 is the last GTI...or VW in general. The interior is starting to look like a shuttle from the Enterprise. I like having shapes in my instrument cluster and dash. Everything is moving towards computer monitors. My next car...probably in the next two years will be a lot more...
  9. Chogokin

Post your Watch and GTI Pics!

Birthday present from my GF.
  10. Chogokin

**Gun Enthusiast Thread**

I have a Dagger slide on a Gen 3 frame. I bought the RMR cut slide and installed a Strike Industies barrel and an Overwatch Precision firing pin. 500 or so rounds including a pistol course. So far zero issues.
  11. Chogokin

Potential race vs del sol

Looks like he copied the guy in India. 😅
  12. Chogokin

Key Fob Query

This is what my GF does with her phone. She loses her phone in the house multiple times a day. She sets her phone down wherever she stops. Good thing for the Apple Watch.
  13. Chogokin

Israel is out of control (and so is Spiderman)

Dang...this thread originated from 2014...and so far...nothing has really changed. Might as well be from 2023.
  14. Chogokin

Key Fob Query

Get an AirTag or a Tile and put it on the key. It'll make finding something...especially inside the house much easier. I'll misplace my wallet in the worst possible times...usually when I'm in a hurry. I got one of those Airtag wallets...and I can find my wallet every single time if I misplace...
  15. Chogokin

Off Topic Random Chat v5.8 - Memes and Gifs Welcomed

That's like some legit fantasy stuff right there.
  16. Chogokin

Why can't I get rid of this car?

No plans on getting rid of my GTI. I don't think I actually drive it enough to really want something different. It still feels good to get into it. I think if I go get another car...it'll probably be a BRZ or something like that. A more of an "analog" feeling car. It really reminds me of my...
  17. Chogokin

Oil extractor speed

20 mins sounds about right. I'll have to pump the cannister once or twice after the first one. No mess.
  18. Chogokin

DSG behavior: MK7 and MK7.5

APR's tunes are $449. If you have a dealer near you...they flash it for you.
  19. Chogokin

DSG behavior: MK7 and MK7.5

I think I'm the only one that likes the granny shifting 6sp DSG😅. I tried the Sport (shifts 400rpm higher in D) version of the Cobb tune...but in traffic...the car just hangs in gear and will not shift up. After switching back and forth between OEM+ and Sport...I'm using the OEM+.