GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Square1

JerseyDrew's 2016 GTI S build, a.k.a. Jersey Devil

What a drag. Brutal luck.
  2. Square1

My GTI my way

It was almost a full build. JE 83mm pistons. IE rods. APR springs and retainers. Valves. ARP stuff. Mild Port and valve seats machined. I'm not sure what else was left to do. I started with a 5000km (3000 mile) Golf R long block which I probably could've just put upgraded internals in and left...
  3. Square1

My GTI my way

It's gone a lot slower than expected but we're getting there. Engine is for the most part assembled and just about ready for transplant. This should move along a little quicker now. I feel like some of the parts I bought when I decided to go this route are already getting dated.
  4. Square1

I had a splitter with rods but I never installed it. I just didn't see that an M6 screw with a nut on the back would be able to take that amount of weight. Maybe I'm wrong.
  5. Square1

I'm surprised this doesn't happen to more people. They look pretty but I couldn't bring myself to install one. The splitter rods are just about useless.
  6. Square1

Rich's 2015 GTI SE 2dr

The rear brakes are such a waste of cash ................ I did mine as well. It looks great. (y)(y)🍺
  7. Square1

My GTI my way

Well here's my update: The engine is still being built and I am glad I bought a second engine because I think I would have shelved the car by now if I couldn't drive it. So long story short ........ no update. I did replace my old F150 5.0 with a 2021 F150 3.5 and I really like it. I'm just...
  8. Square1

Sorry to hear about the brakes. It happened to me years ago and I didn't notice until I heard a continuous clicking and realized my wheel was disappearing and loose. I never ran R888r but I always thought they were bigger. I was planning on running a set next year because they discontinued the...
  9. Square1

Why don't more people utilize Methanol injection?

I personally like meth but I've never had it fail. My valves were also spotless at 50,000km when I thought I needed a carbon service. I do not have an kind of failsafe and you can roast through a gallon in no time at the track.
  10. Square1

Official Carbon Steel Metallic GTI / Golf Thread

Like for aero discs lol
  11. Square1

Immature kids and their BOVs

I got a cracked tune which I don't really like but it's there for now and a BOV. I like it. Lol My kid has a BOV, open intake and loud exhaust. He really likes it lol. I think he'd quit driving without the woosh. 😁
  12. Square1

My GTI my way

That's what I got planned for the MK2 but I've never run it before. I got an AFR gauge installed and my "catalytic" is looking a little unique. I think I've done enough homework to do this right and if everything fails it's 20V time.
  13. Square1

My GTI my way

Nice 👍🏻
  14. Square1

My GTI my way

I managed to finish up the 1990 MK2 with the 2.0 but NOS doesn't like to sell nitrous kits anymore. I'm not sure what's up with them. I purchased half a NX kit from someone with a full bottle so I'm just waiting for bits to show up and the purge kit. My GTI should be ready one day. Lol
  15. Square1

GTI MK7 BOV

Buy it you'll like it. 😁
  16. Square1

My GTI my way

Don't tell me that now. Lol
  17. Square1

My GTI my way

Well the south bend stage 3 is in the car. I've put about 450km (300mi) and I like it. I had a little run in with a Benz at 250km but we'll pretend that never happened 😁. I will say up to now I liked the DKM better probably because I was so used to the way it engages and there was far less...
  18. Square1

GTI MK7 BOV

I have a Forge blow off valve and it works great. It's probably what you're looking for in terms of sound.
  19. Square1

My GTI my way

I have a feeling it's just my lazy driving style and not winding the rpm's up a little and down shifting. I drive my F150 daily and it's the epitome of lazy driving. I really liked the DKM MS.