GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. jaypoto

Estate/Variant mk7.5 LED Tail lights on a mk7

Correct, hatchback lights do not fit the variant/estate.
  2. jaypoto

MK7 TDi Headrest Question

See some of my previous posts- The ~2013 era Audi A7 has an adjustable headrest that is plug and play w/ the VW seats. It comes in black leather and nougat brown as far as I am aware. It is way more comfortable than the fixed oem VW headrests and pretty easy to find on ebay or various junk yard...
  3. jaypoto

Alltrack Bumper Trim Removal

You don't have to remove the bumper to replace this. You can work the clips out by massaging the trim piece starting from the thinner part on the right, it's a softer style of plastic so it wont snap if you're careful. I've taken all the silver pieces off the front without taking off the bumper.
  4. jaypoto

Serpentine belt tensioner

I just did mine this weekend. Not a lot of room but I had no issues with a 3/8's size socket wrench, pulling towards the front of the car loosened it up. It's not super loose so you have to shimmy it off 1 or 2 ribs at a time Maybe try getting a little more leverage with a long pipe on the end...
  5. jaypoto

Mk7 suspension issues/noises/advice. CLICK HERE FIRST!

What a great thread!....I had some rear end squeaking during undulating road conditions and couldn't for the life of me figure out where it was coming from. Tried swaying the rear of the car back and forth but got no noise. I have Bilstein B16's and a Eurocode rear sway bar....then it occurred...
  6. jaypoto

Alltrack belly pan under tray

Great way to protect your oil pan if you're lowered.
  7. jaypoto

FS: Dash and Center Console Trim

Thanks for clarifying. Any leeway on the shift surround....$60 shipped?
  8. jaypoto

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

Found a full set of SEL Marrakesh seats for the Alltrack (Finally). Also added Audi A7 adjustable headrests.
  9. jaypoto

FS: Dash and Center Console Trim

Hard to tell in the pics, but I am guessing this is the lighter gray from the MK7 Alltrack and not the darker Polar Night gray trim from the Mk7.5?
  10. jaypoto

for sale - usa - nj - digital dash retro fit for 7.5 - Volkswagen AID MQB 791D

No offense but these are not hard to come by and they are not becoming more expensive, they are going down in price if anything as supply chains are becoming available again.... Saying that, if the price was around $500 I would consider this since I am local. Paying more doesn't make sense...
  11. jaypoto

HID Bulb Replacement (FRUSTRATING)

Correct, the 7.5r reps for the mk7. I made the mistake of getting H7 hid's originally and they simply would not fit unfortunately.
  12. jaypoto

HID Bulb Replacement (FRUSTRATING)

I have the same Ed's headlights before they switched over to the sealed led version and then went out of business. I use D2H bulbs from deauto without issue, lifetime warranty (which I've used once already).
  13. jaypoto

How I am fixing the led stripe in the door....

That's funny I actually have heard that in the past on this forum but I didn't even think to reverse it before I messed them up. Oh well, my fix worked as intended other than having to adjust the location of the led to eliminate the little hot spot. That should be pretty easy to do when I get...
  14. jaypoto

sorry about the pics! That plcc-4 led looks spot on, very bright focal point. I am going to order a set and see if I can salvage the boards. I updated the previous post to state that the new led does in fact dim. Why the need for the fancy board then?
  15. jaypoto

Grabbed a pic of the ruined led chip boards front and back.
  16. jaypoto

I ordered a bag of these single leds, and they work when plugged in. Next hurdle is shaving them down to sit flush with the plastic light bar. I already installed and everything works but the light has a small hotspot through the plastic light bar - proof of concept! Will have to either get a...
  17. jaypoto

Need a little basic 101 electrical advice so figured I would post here.. Long story short - My white led drivers side door stripe burned out on my Alltrack. I tracked it down to the small Hella led chip board failing. If you didnt already know VW plastic welded this all to the door and it's not...
  18. jaypoto

It's the subtle cosmetic mods I like... POST YOURS

Thanks bud...Vinyl for the lower rockers, chrome window sills, and front bumper trim. Golf R wagon valance custom fitted and Sportwagen black roof rails swapped.
  19. jaypoto

It's the subtle cosmetic mods I like... POST YOURS

Took me nearly 5 years but I finally blacked out every piece of chrome and silver on the Alltrack, besides the front grill strip/headlights.