GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. WhyNotZoidberg?

2.0 TDI oil pump belt

When I did my timing belt & water pump on my 2015 TDI at 120k miles I thought about the oil pump belt, but all the stuff you mentioned (sump, crank pulley & cover) made me really want to believe VW's "lifetime" rating on that belt :) So I didn't bother, and 35k miles later it's still working...
  2. WhyNotZoidberg?

heated seats retrofit

I was really hoping I could avoid having to remove/re-install the seats again.. 🤬 Maybe I should take my chances with one of my dealers to code the new module to the car, but all my past interactions with them have resulted in either my car coming back more broken than it went in, or having...
  3. WhyNotZoidberg?

heated seats retrofit

When I try doing that I get either of these 2: I tried changing the value in Adaptation, but no matter which of the 3 I select I get "out of range"
  4. WhyNotZoidberg?

heated seats retrofit

Here's the Autoscan Sunday,06,March,2022,16:20:34:47244 VCDS -- Windows Based VAG/VAS Emulator Running on Windows 10 x64 VCDS Version: 22.3.0.1 (x64) HEX-V2 CB: 0.4613.4 Data version: 20220225 DS336.1 www.Ross-Tech.com VIN: 3VWFA7AU4FM514406 License Plate: Mileage: 186478km-115872mi...
  5. WhyNotZoidberg?

heated seats retrofit

Got a quick question for the Heated Seats Retrofit Masters in this thread: I swapped the OEM heated seats in my 2015 TDI SE with GTI (heated) seats; the seats work (adjustments, heat etc.) but I didn't think to swap the airbags modules from the old seats, so now of course I have the airbag...
  6. WhyNotZoidberg?

Braille Battery GU1R 12v Lithium Ion Retrofit

I've had a LiFePO battery in my bike (Ninja zx-6r) for years; my bike is parked outside (just like my cars - apartment life) from early March until December. It's my daily all summer long, but then it sometimes sits for even a month when it gets cold and/or rainy, and never had an issue starting...
  7. WhyNotZoidberg?

Braille Battery GU1R 12v Lithium Ion Retrofit

Resurrecting this thread (thx Diggs) with some cheaper alternatives...
  8. WhyNotZoidberg?

Official DIY TTRS Clutch Kit

I got a '15 TDI, but for now it's stock (on power) and I have no slippage @75k miles. At the same time I don't even launch my GTI (I don't do drag strips, just HPDE), so the TDI just gets driven normally on the street. There's some tune in its future, so maybe I'll have to revisit the TDI...
  9. WhyNotZoidberg?

I'm a firm believer in not doing the whole clutch job a second time and dealing with break-in again, so if I see a hotspot on a flywheel, it comes out.
  10. WhyNotZoidberg?

Remote Start MK7 GTI, OBD Eleven folks chime in

Dunno if it's a "german" thing, since on my old BMW 540 it was exactly a wire short of 2 pins, I think it was the same on Mk6 Golfs ;)
  11. WhyNotZoidberg?

Clutchless ignition update: solved (maybe)

I was sure it's common knowledge among 3-pedal drivers not to ride the clutch or hold it down at stops, unless you like the added wear on TOBs, PPs and clutch cables/hydraulics. I'm also looking forward to Ridebjj's DYI and would like to thank him for figuring this out and potentially saving...
  12. WhyNotZoidberg?

Unfortunately it's not just a wire to short 2 pins, VW made it as complicated as humanly possible.. Here's a post about it, you can read more in the same thread: https://golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/so-long-baby-another-15-bricked.363548/post-7296365
  13. WhyNotZoidberg?

You might be right, but from my own personal experience, when I upgraded my clutch to the TTRS, at 40k total miles on car, 20k of stage 2 and at least 15-20k miles of slippage, the OEM clutch disk I removed looked pretty much just like the new one I replaced it with. No discernible wear on it at...
  14. WhyNotZoidberg?

Is remote start an option on any MQBs w/ 3pedals from the factory? AFAIK any attempts at a clutch switch bypass mod have been futile.
  15. WhyNotZoidberg?

Need advice from anyone who has installed a boost gauge on a EA288

Is there a way to tap boost into the intake manifold AFTER the intercooler? I'd like to read the actual manifold pressure, not the hot air coming out of the turbo. On the GTI with the blind hole in the plastic manifold, tapping boost is a 5min affair. I can imagine with the aluminum manifold...
  16. WhyNotZoidberg?

Dog Bone on a diesel?

Be aware the dogbone mount (the 2 pucks) will require subframe removal and subsequent subframe alignment, and inserting the pucks in the subframe was a major pain. Took me and a buddy about 3 hours to get them in right, even with a hydraulic press. I don't think there's a way to do it without a...
  17. WhyNotZoidberg?

Dog Bone on a diesel?

No increase in NVH over stock. At all. Dunno what voodoo material they make the mounts from, but it's strong as hard poly with vibration dampening characteristics of soft rubber. I've heard they stopped making Mk7 mounts from lack of demand, which is a shame. For me, the Superpro mounts are...
  18. WhyNotZoidberg?

Dog Bone on a diesel?

I'm not really sure about the specific role of that bolt, since it's not bearing any load, and most aftermarket mounts don't have it. Here is where mine sits, definitely not centered:
  19. WhyNotZoidberg?

Dog Bone on a diesel?

Looking at the pics the engine seems slightly turned clockwise or just pushed to the left (green circle). The chassis hole (blue arrow) is definitely not visible on my car, so if the mount is supposd to cover it, that would validate that theory. I think the best place to see the...
  20. WhyNotZoidberg?

Dog Bone on a diesel?

I didn't bother with a new bolt, just loctite'd the old one. That bolt is seriously oversized for what it's supposed to do, the only way to break it would be maybe launching head-on into a wall at 100mph so the engine ends up in the trunk :) I replaced the bolt on the GTI when I put the BFI...