GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. FlyingNugget

dedicated track pads

Definitely run a true track pad. I run Gloc pads and recommend the R12 in front at minimum. Pads will make the biggest night and day difference. A BBK(a true track spec, not just a look pretty kit) will offer better rigidity, heat tolerance and dissipation. I ran non-pp front calipers, ST-40...
  2. FlyingNugget

Street Touring Hatchback (STH) discussion/setup

What's the explanation for the 245 being faster? I run 255 and it never crossed my mind that going to a 245 would be faster.
  3. FlyingNugget

Track Day Anxiety

Have been competing in mine for years. 10+ track days per year pushing it to the limit and not one issue. Have seen dozens of people do the same with no issues. Of course, pay to play anyway. Mine is my dedicated track car, so if it blows up or gets into a fender bender with the wall it's fine.
  4. FlyingNugget

► Official APEX VW SM-10 Flow Formed Wheel Thread

17x9 - better brake clearance than my 18s. You can't tell from the photo, but the calliper has about an inch gap to the inner barrel.
  5. FlyingNugget

Carbotech XP10 fitment issues - 2019 MK7.5 Golf R

I can confirm the G-Loc pads for my rear(oem) comes with the clip.
  6. FlyingNugget

Wheel weights

I estimate that the wheels may not even be in balance after some hard sessions of picking up marbles, wear, and possibly the tire shifting on the wheel. Personally I attempt to balance the wheels when mounting new tires, and then don't care from there.
  7. FlyingNugget

Wheel weights

Actually what I've seen is that they fall off in the paddock where the rotor heats up the wheel while not moving and gravity pulls them off the top of the wheel.
  8. FlyingNugget

Prep for upcoming HPDE

I have not used Powerstop Track Day, but have used EBC Yellow(briefly). EBC Yellow is not really meant for any form of track use if you're pushing hard. They may be fine for a few events if you're easy on the brakes.
  9. FlyingNugget

Help please!!

Ok so the car is running good and seems to be normal other than a slight buzzing inside the cabin. I'd check mounts and exhaust.
  10. FlyingNugget

Help please!!

Post some more info about your car, and your issue. It sounds like a normal straight piped GTI. - mods - when does it vibrate/what is vibrating - is it running fine otherwise etc.
  11. FlyingNugget

Track + AutoX alignment specs

-2.5 front -1.8 rear 0 toe F/R Found the car to be stable on the high speed stuff with my current setup(h&r/b8). I was adjusting rear tire pressure to get more rotation when needed. Does not rotate well on the slow speed corners. I have a buddy that recommended adding toe out in the rear --...
  12. FlyingNugget

2017 GTi PP at VIR

I ran the Maxxis VR-1 in our time attack series last season and loved them. I find that tire width also has a major impact on performance depending on what you're doing with them. For example, running a 255+ width will take longer to heat up and won't overheat as easily. Different tires may...
  13. FlyingNugget

2017 GTi PP at VIR

This is what we tell ourselves :D
  14. FlyingNugget

When To Replace Track Pads and Rotors?

Minimum isn't usually something that I would feel comfortable with on track, especially considering that the rotor can wear unevenly(inside vs outside), and is a key item that is keeping yourself and others alive. Usually cracking starts slowly and develops into a problem over time. If you're...
  15. FlyingNugget

Daily Driven STU Setup

They're the Jesus tire, literally walking on water.
  16. FlyingNugget

Stupid Brake pad question..

It's not uncommon for inner pads/rotor to wear faster You don't need stainless lines. Rubber lines are the norm, are easier to spot damage/leaks, and don't make any difference unless you're going for 11/10s on the track. HPS will be fine for the street -- may squeak a bit. Also realize this...
  17. FlyingNugget

Basics for track?

Good tip here. No point in spinning out on your first track day.
  18. FlyingNugget

Basics for track?

There is no sticky thread because it turns into a large argument -- it's a subjective matter. The truth is, you can go to a HPDE with a bone stock GTI, or any car for that matter. Your limitations will be brakes - If you brake hard over and over, you will fade your pads and/or boil your fluid...