GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. T

BMS VW GTI JB4 info thread

Thanks for quick reply. Yes I ran map 6 for sometime then switched to map 1 when the clutch was slipping. Here is a log from late 18’ https://datazap.me/u/translux/jb4-log-11318?log=0&data=1-4
  2. T

BMS VW GTI JB4 info thread

Afr spike of 20.7 @ 2981 rpm ok? Didn't see this on logs from late 18' Nothings changed other than an afe filter a recent more capable clutch and more miles. Sent to George for review but figured I'd get the collectives feedback...
  3. T

Ohlins VWSMT21 - Pix Enclosed

Great car and write up. Thanks for all the info. I’d love to change two things about the R. In order of importance.. 1. Stop or at least mitigate the front end from slamming into the bump stops from modest potholes, bumps etc. 2. Improve high speed stability. For me the car always feels a bit...
  4. T

Anyway to reduce the R from bottoming out?

Thank you! I’m having a new clutch installed this week. We’ll take a closer look.
  5. T

Thank you! Would you happen to have a part # for the TTRS bump stops? This was the kit I used on an M5 https://www.dinancars.com/products/suspension-hardware/springs-bumpstops/handling-kits/parts/D193-6017
  6. T

Thank you for pointing me to this. Yes this is exactly what I’ve experienced. Its really a shame that this is the nature of the beast. The overall ride quality is great. But man hit the right imperfection and it’s makes your teeth hurt. Thanks for the info. Can you replace or adjust the bump...
  7. T

I like most thing about my R. Having the front end bottom out from modest potholes is not one of them. I’ve triple double checked that the shipping blocks have been removed. Dealer on multiple occasions says suspension is fine. I even went to an 18” wheel with all seasons with little to no...
  8. T

Will I hate a manual?

I also removed the return spring at the pedal and changed to more ridged shifter bushings. All helped but still not great. Given the Porsche link, you'd think they could have done a better job. NSX & S2000 for me will always be the benchmark. But the terrible clutch is unconscionable.
  9. T

Will I hate a manual?

My sentiments are similar to what has already been covered but my 2 cents are. 1. The manual in stock form is not very good. A couple minor tweaks and you can reduce the throw and get some feel and precision in the gear selector. 2. The clutch is a whole other story. Stock it’s lifeless with...
  10. T

Intermittent long crank 17’ Golf R

17’ Golf R manual. Having a strange issue where the car will intermittently crank for an extended period. I hit the start/stop button as soon as I notice this happening so I’m not sure how long it would crank and if it would even start. A couple times I had the radio up and it’s been at least...
  11. T

Replace Pretoria's with 18" & all-seasons??

2017 Golf R with Pretoria's & P-Zero's. Chicago roads make for a brutal ride. It's only a matter of time until the Pretoria's are ruined. Further the Zero's aren't very good, especially when compared to something like PSS. But I digress. So I was going to buy a dedicated set of 17" snow tires...
  12. T

WTB: Winter wheels & tires for MK7 R Chicagoland area

Looking for winter wheels & tires for MK7 R in the Chicagoland area. Open to tire & wheel combo or just wheels and tires. Let me know what you have. Thanks TL
  13. T

Where's the Cobb AP for the R?

It's been more than a year since the release of the AP for the Mk7 GTI. During the release the R development was "in the pipeline". I know they have historically taken time to get things right but we're not talking about a substantial difference between the GTI & the R. Anyone have some insight...
  14. T

Where is the Flex-fuel discussion/options?

I'm only aware of UM solution. Given the excellent gains, resistance to pre-detonation and easy access to cheap high octane fuel I'm surprised there isn't more. You need a sensor, tune and more fuel. Is it due to the ECU's inability to compensate? I know the JB4 for BMW's does an excellent job...
  15. T

Want to add some aggression to my white R

Since as far back as I can remember I've only had black cars. And the car just previous to the R was satan incarnate. The white R was impulse buy and the choice of colors and lack of aggression is making me long for something else. It doesn't help that my neighbor keeps asking my how my daughter...
  16. T

Poor high speed stability.

New Golf R DCC with roughly 1,500 miles. At highway speeds car is not planted, likes to dart all over the place. Please keep in mind that this is in relative terms. I've never been a Pirelli fan and have had some version of Pilot Sport's for the last couple decades. So my 1st though is wider...
  17. T

New Golf R owner

Hello, old guy from Chitown with a new R. Wanted a fun daily driver. Narrowed my choices down Focus RS, M235 and Golf R. Ride quality or lack there of on the RS was tolerable but couldn't live with the up in the air tractor style seating position. Certainly an amazing car. Couldn't find a...