GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Hoon

APR DTR vs. IE 2260

We could estimate it but I don't think there's an advertised number. And yes boss! Lol!
  2. Hoon

APR DTR vs. IE 2260

Neither one will make 500. The DTR makes more power, it's a rated 47lb compressor, i overspun one testing and made an honest 477whp (488whp with a generous dyno correction factor) on a tune i would not send the customer out the door with. Realistically it's an honest 460-465whp unit at or just a...
  3. Hoon

Introducing the EQT OTS (Staged) Vortex tune, on stock downpipe!

Base maps in a few business days, usually about 2 revisions / week right now for remote tuning (assuming logs are turned around quickly). Live tunes we're about 5 weeks out for scheduling time slots.
  4. Hoon

Secondary O2 Spacer Causes Overfueling

*Can cause over fueling. Some are fine. It's just something for guys to be aware of now that more people are looking for alternatives to the CEL. As always, P0036 > P0420.
  5. Hoon

APR DTR6054 Direct Turbocharger Replacement System

I don't want to clog up APRs thread with nonsense, but this is quite the false accusation. Think about the implications of this from a business perspective. Many people are going to choose 3rd party turbos, so we either get paid for the tuning and deliver the best tune we possibly can, or we...
  6. Hoon

Canadian 94 varies a lot. The ethanol free 94 out in western Canada tunes more like E10 91. The E10 94 in Ontario (which this was) typically takes a couple degrees more timing than E10 93 in the US. The 420whp pull was with 9.x* of timing and 30-31psi. It did not make more power above that boost...
  7. Hoon

How Hoon solved the 2022 fuel crisis.

I'm going to stay out of this thread for a variety of reasons, but just wanted to make one comment. Keep in mind, with the way Cobb reads fuel pressure, 72psi is actually 57psi...on 25psi boost that gives him 32psi across the injectors. That's fine for now, but considering that's low boost and...
  8. Hoon

EPC Light at high RPM, EQT tune second revision *Update: Car is now a hot mess

Nope, i reached out to a mod, hopefully they can get it sorted out
  9. Hoon

EQT has a couple on base maps, but off the top of my head i don't think either is MPI/E85. Eventually we'll get one we can really lean on.
  10. Hoon

EPC Light at high RPM, EQT tune second revision *Update: Car is now a hot mess

I DM'd him a couple hours ago. I'm not handling his tune but will assist. General FYI, trying to get my Matt @ EQT acct setup, but for some reason i've never rec'd the confirmation email after several attempts.
  11. Hoon

New Garrett Turbos for MQB

Is this EQT FUD too? Stock fuel 26psi and it spit the wheels out, two pages earlier in this same thread, yet you think it's implausible that there are other cases and I must be making things up to sell turbos I didn't mention and get paid less to tune? New Garrett Turbos for MQB | Page 28 |...
  12. Hoon

Where did you see me push Vortex turbos in this thread? I never said a word about any other competing turbo, you decided to make it about that. Cross shopping a Vortex and a S1 Powermax doesn't make sense, they're different products for different customers. I also didn't say the Powermax was...
  13. Hoon

I get paid by the tune, not salary. Because there are bundle discounts for Vortex turbos with custom tunes, i actually get paid more to tune Powermaxes. Not everything is some conspiracy.
  14. Hoon

COBB Traction Control and Hybrids

Slot 3 is default, Slot 4 is only 2% more slip. If you're finding 3 too intrusive, you should play with 5&6. Slot 7 will be significantly less intrusive, but at that point I think the car will start to slow down.
  15. Hoon

COBB Traction Control and Hybrids

Slot 8 is off on your tune...so yeah, it's going to spin lol.
  16. Hoon

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

If you get a P0420 (soft code on the Accessport), unplug the secondary O2, clear codes and reflash tune. It'll now give you a P0036 which has no effect on fueling. If you don't have a P0420, leave it plugged in. It's not a problem we or Cobb will ever fix.
  17. Hoon

Personal opinions: The S1 is a tricky turbo to tune, and there are several reports of failures even on turbos that had sensors and were never overspun, some of them being blown seals and others catastrophic. Wastegate duty is not a good indicator of headroom on small turbos in general, but on...
  18. Hoon

Help with log/issue

You're in my inbox. Look forward to working with you.
  19. Hoon

Help with log/issue

We're here when you're ready.
  20. Hoon

Daks' GTI

The DSG drive plate lasted 3K miles with the built motor. I still have to split the trans case and pull 20 broken teeth out of it. It just got to the level where the costs and time outweighed the fun, and i was clearly doing more with it than i should have been. I said before i built the motor...