GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. A

EQT Vortex - MQB Turbo

Just to re-up and get some more thoughts, would going is38 instead of a hybrid preserve the motor any better? Assuming so on the basis that it wouldn't push as much power, heat, boost, etc., would its power gains stay within the realm of reliability that comes from my current e30 protune on the...
  2. A

EQT Vortex - MQB Turbo

A great point indeed. I could see it being likely that an increase in maintenance after going hybrid would maintain reliability in any case, but especially in a higher mileage car.
  3. A

EQT Vortex - MQB Turbo

Although my maintenance schedule is not to the caliber of yours, I do take good care of my car and am very meticulous about addressing issues and preventing them as well. That being said, during ownership I have had very few issues with the motor that lead me to question how well it is running.
  4. A

EQT Vortex - MQB Turbo

I definitely agree there are a fair amount of variables to consider. I also acknowledge that you and @El_bigote_AJ bring up a very solid point that heat, power, boost, etc. will strain the motor and/or transmission more with a bigger turbo, even if that turbo in-and-of-itself may be more...
  5. A

EQT Vortex - MQB Turbo

Thank you for your input. I suppose it is therefore a good question worth asking: is a stock turbo with 90k miles running pump/E30 protunes more or less reliable than a conservatively tuned pump gas Vortex? Does anyone have an idea on this?
  6. A

EQT Vortex - MQB Turbo

A bit too late for that haha. I should have mentioned I've been protuned with Stratified for the past 2.5 years on the stock turbo. The car is already FBO with a handful of other mods that I've slowly accumulated over my 5 years of ownership. Also, yes, reliability is a priority because of the...
  7. A

EQT Vortex - MQB Turbo

Figured I would bump this thread instead of making a new one. I'm a long time reader of the forums but an infrequent poster. I'm looking to get the Vortex and install it this summer, and I would appreciate some advice from current owners based on their experiences. As of now, my car is roughly...
  8. A

Dyno Thread!

Aha! This thread has eluded me, thanks for the guidance!
  9. A

Dyno Thread!

Hey all, I've read through these forums for about 3 or 4 years now but don't post too often. I’ve got a MK7 GTI that I’m currently getting tuned by Stratified on e30. Has full bolt ons, still stock turbo, and it's been a blast thus far. I'm curious what kind of dyno graphs other MK7 guys have on...
  10. A

FS: Tinted Stock Halogen Tail Lights

They are still available! Shoot me a PM with your number and I can text you some pictures.
  11. A

WTB- Stock Mk7 Downpipe

How's it going everyone! Like the title states, I'm looking to buy a stock downpipe. My emissions test is coming up and my chances of passing with my catless downpipe are undoubtedly slim to none! Shoot me a PM if you have one and I can cover the shipping costs if necessary.
  12. A

Stratified Automotive Custom Etune

I just ordered a top up tune after running the same revision for awhile. I've added a couple engine modifications (FMIC, step colder plugs), and I'm looking to get an e30 file. What are the turn around times on revisions these days? I put in my order about a week ago.
  13. A

SOLD: Rotiform IND-T 18x8.5

SOLD!
  14. A

bump
  15. A

bump
  16. A

Bump w/ price drop!
  17. A

Bump! Uploaded some pictures of the wheels off the car after giving them a good wash!
  18. A

Bump! Wheels are now off the car, will be giving them a good clean before they are boxed up. Feel free to PM if interested, looking to send these to a new home!
  19. A

Price drop!
  20. A

FS: Mk7 GTI OEM Catback and Resonator

another bump!