GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. M

In process: Alibaba GTI build

Oil looks good, but the underside of the car is nasty. What is up with that?
  2. M

SuperPro Lower Control Arm Install/Review - Don't Need to drop Subframe for 6-Speed MANUAL

For the record, recently noticed the passenger side bushing separated as well. This is on the warrantied SP LCAs from 2020 - about 1-2 years of slowly increasing clunk noise and about 30K+ miles. Been trying to inquire with SP about this, but haven't gotten any response over the last few weeks.
  3. M

Understanding the MK7 PCV function, retrofitting the MK8 PCV, and why catch cans are bullshit(IMO)

It isn't really a boost issue, at all. Not to say it isn't part of the overall function though.
  4. M

Understanding the MK7 PCV function, retrofitting the MK8 PCV, and why catch cans are bullshit(IMO)

Well. The MK8+Venturi fixes that. If you still want a catch can because some do, do make sure to use the Tiguan hose and boosted venturi because otherwise you'll break the intended design. Other than that, everything else out there is a PCV plate that requires emptying a CC at some point. They...
  5. M

Yeah. I found oil tends to prefer the cylinder 4 drain port once oil makes it up to the PCV assembly. Makes sense for Gs to further push it that way on right hand corners. Braking pushing oil forward in the oil pan, towards the pickup tube on the wyndage tray, a crankcase loosing vacuum...
  6. M

What are you looking for it to conclude? Honestly curious. You'll never re-install the MK7 one again.
  7. M

stock setup as in a completely stock car on a track event? I don't imagine anyone fully stock is smoking on the street as it would likely become news and force VW to address it. That said, when looking at max vacuum across ends of the rpm range, the draw is low enough that quite a few things can...
  8. M

The MK7 PCV wasn't without its flaws, but looking at what VW did with the MK8 revision, we clearly didn't do ourselves justice. Some of it came down to parts used, some of it came down to tuning strategies or consequence of added power. The reality is that nobody outside of VW has had a good...
  9. M

Could write an entire chapter on this alone. There really isn't a QC issue worth looking into. What is important is recognizing the difference between a failure and a system operating outside the scope of what the PCV can manage.
  10. M

I am also requesting about 650nm worth of torque and getting around 510nm worth of, but I am not overshooting boost by 3 psi vs whatever the ECU is looking to accomplish. I am not saying it is an issue, but in my experience, my variation vs is always much closer. FWIW: I always saw an overshoot...
  11. M

So on the knock avg. -4 certainly isn't good and you certainly do have smoke as you say. In the case of DerHase, knock due to oil showed to be outrageously high, were does that differ from say an aggressive tune with knock, who knows. In this case, what actually catches my attention is your tune...
  12. M

FWIW: Some months back, I went through roughly the last 5 years of every EA888.3 track video I could find, including all of his and Including non US models on other european tracks. Initially I split it into 3 groups. No rear footage (which I still reviewed for audio), stock and tuned. Most...
  13. M

I was trying to highlight that it is a well documented video of a fully tuned 400+ HP car. Is gutted, brake upgraded being driven at the Nurburgring by a well capable individual using the 495B PCV w/active venturi (see video) and no smoke. The 8CS isn't a TCR car, but the car on the video is...
  14. M

No. Not necessarily and I am personally not concerned with the number on its own. All I care for is that a system that was designed to function in vacuum is being made to run out of it in ambient and positive pressure. The amount of restriction only makes things worse. The TCR system is rather...
  15. M

See. Science says it is inevitable for you to have seals fail because they are being constantly tested. You are actively ageing your seals by having them deal with positive pressure. Crankcase, Oil Pan, RMS. Cam Magnets, Timing cover, Spark Plug o-rings, Cam Cradle, Oil Cap, etc. They are all...
  16. M

Cylinder pressure, blowby, volume displacement within the crankcase by the down stroke. After the volume is filled with pressure, it gets pushed out through the balance shaft, up the crankcase vent and in reverse through the oil drain ports on the cam cradle, eventually through the APR baffle...
  17. M

It is worth a test. I just went with the "safer" one if you will. That said, if new performance builds start showing up with 495F, that might mean something...
  18. M

495F shows up on models which until now run smaller turbo and lower boost threshold. None of those models are "performance" models. The PCV is different though.