GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. M

GTI DSG Service Issue - Please Help

It makes a difference, there are so many factors that go into getting it up to temp starting with what temp the fluid and transmission are at. There's also a certain window the fluid needs to be at to check it properly
  2. M

If I'm taking it to a shop I expect them to do it right, and a drain and measure is not the right way. That's the way you do it when you don't have a tool to see what temperature your transmission is at
  3. M

Ask them what they did, and you'll know if they're worth their weight in gold depending on how they answer the question. But yes all the bottles should have been opened/used to a certain extent
  4. M

**Gun Enthusiast Thread**

976 After tax, fees, and state background check. It was something like 869 before all the fees from BFGOutfitters. That was the cheapest I could find at the time
  5. M

**Gun Enthusiast Thread**

That's crazy, i just got one as well. Weird thing is I got 3 mags instead of 2 like everyone else I talk to get
  6. M

245/40-18s fit on a 2015 GTI

Mine fit, i have two sets. One rubed a little more than the other. Fender screw mod fixed most/all of the rubbing
  7. M

Coolant silica bag, to remove or not?

If you are filled with the new g13 coolant and didn't remove all the old coolant it changes color, it doesn't cause any problems
  8. M

Anybody in the Hampton Roads area, I could use your help!

I don't think you have Facebook but the Virginia Beach MQB page has a ton of people willing to help normally
  9. M

Start/stop on my 2020 TSI is way too sensitive on start. If I relax my foot at all, it will start. It's very annoying. Anybody got a fix?

Your issue sounds like a great problem to have. I would want it to react as soon as possible, not hesitate and take forever to start while people are already going. One thing i noticed with VW is if you push only down a little bit you have a safe zone of not turning off, so maybe you're right...
  10. M

Timing chain stretch measurements?

I'm not sure how true it is but apparently, you're supposed to look at the intake phase and not the exhaust. The intake and exhaust cams are on the same chain so in theory you should/would see the same sort of problem from both if it was stretched?
  11. M

Who was the indy shop that did the work? And did they go off of the phase cam or the hold to count the threads?
  12. M

What is a good, reputable (NOT Facebook Marketplace) online site to sell your car privately?

Cargurus is pretty good. That's how i found my car and sold our last car
  13. M

What values do we look up on obd11 to see how much stretch we have?
  14. M

iRacing

Not too sure that is helpful for iracing 24, but i have always wanted to go to the actual 24 race
  15. M

iRacing

Anyone thinking of doing the daytona 24?
  16. M

iRacing

Just say when and where. I have a gti buddy that isn't on the forums but would race as well
  17. M

Anyone from Detroit or the Michigan Area?

You haven't missed much here. Does seem to be more GTI driving around SE MI now which is nice
  18. M

iRacing

I'm mostly futureball, lone wolf is too much and cru i haven't had a chance to make it up there since i found a good group of guys at future. I'm playing with a lot of the action/old action guys. Haven't made it to TCP yet. I'm sure I'll make it out there one day
  19. M

iRacing

I'm on iracing. Mainly spot for my buddy now. Hey, i play paintball as well! Sadly i'm on the other side of the state